Posted June 09, 2014
Love this school!!! My son has Autism and has worked on getting him mainstreamed and he finally is for 2nd grade and now going into 3rd grade. The principal and staff and teachers are the most caring I've ever met! The music director is so awesome and it shows when the kids play at the end of the year. I have not one bad thing to say about this school. The Principal is involved with the kids and always says hi and the staff is always smiling.

Orchard View Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter attended this school from 2nd grade through (just finishing up) 5th grade. It was not my school of choice but zoning made it our home school. Being a title 1 school and rumors of how 'bad' it was concerned me. I am happy to report that it turned out to be not at all what I expected!! It has been a really nice experience!! Mrs. DePuma is the principal of the school and she is (in my opinion) a no nonsense, straight to the point, honest type of person and she runs a very tight ship!!! "There are rules, follow them or you don't belong here" (my own words!!) type of thing. If there was ever a problem with anything what so ever (!!) it was addressed immediately!! Mrs. DePuma, the teachers and staff are all about the children and what is in their best interest!!! My daughter attending this school has been a positive experience. She is confident and prepared to move on to middle school now.

Orchard View Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2013
This school is horrible. Everyday when I would drop my daughter off I felt like a horrible father for doing so. We moved just to get out of that school. The principal ir rude and doesn't really care for the students or the parents. She told me if I didn't like the school I should take my daughter to a different one. I did.

Orchard View Elementary School 3

Posted October 25, 2011
Very unhappy with the after school program. They are suppose to make sure children do their homework and give assistance if they do not understand it. This is not happening. Additionally, the staff are very rude to the children.

Posted October 11, 2011
Very impressed with administration. Warm and knowledgable. Great community school with excellent teachers. Students are happy and in a safe environment.

Orchard View Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
561-737-6444 My daughter has been unfortunate enough to have this school as our home school since Kindergarten and up until 4th grade. My daughter's education has been completely overlooked. The curriculum is slowed down to meet the slowest students, and all the other children suffer as a result. More than half of my daughter's school day is spent waiting for other children to finish work. On the several occasions I have brought this to the attention of the staff, absolutely nothing other than trying to put her into the french/english dual launguage program halfway through a year. I took my daughter out the following year when I realized that the students do not learn actual French, but Creole. There is no recess, and the excuses that the teachers feed the children and parents are ridiculous. "Because there's another class out there" is one of their favorites. I was completely unaware that student segregation had to happen to have a recess time. They aren't even allowed to speak at lunch, and are sat boy-girl to prevent talking. If I wasn't in a situation that made it so that my child had to go here, I would never have allowed it. I am so thankful to be moving.

Posted March 22, 2010
I have two students that attend O.V at this time. I am so sad that the school year is comming to an end. My kids have learned so much doing the school year. The teachers have been 100% supportive, the staff in the office are always there for whatever problems may come up. The principle makes it her bussiness to walk the halls and interact with the students. I am sad to say that my kids will have to relocate to another school because of the school district. Thats what I hate the most that the parents cant choose the school their child goes to. If I had the choice O.V will always be on my list. Orchard View ratings should be way higher than what it is.

Orchard View Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Orchard View Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2009

Orchard View Elementary School
4050 Germantown Road, Delray Beach, FL  33445
Last modified Orchard View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top