Unity School is a private, non-profit, non-denominational, accredited day school serving children two years old through eighth grade in Delray Beach, Florida.
Education at Unity School is a process that encompasses all aspects of the child and is based upon the promotion of the individual worth and dignity of each child. Unity School’s innovative approach to this process incorporates brain-based learning, the universal principles, and extensive family and parental involvement on and off campus.
The curriculum at Unity School was developed to meet the needs of a child’s growing brain. Our administrators have done significant research on the brain. As a result, the day’s schedule and lessons are based on when children are best able to receive information. “Brain gym” and “heart math” are used to ensure a positive connection between the brain, body and spirit. The nutritional program is centered on what a child needs to maintain healthy brain functions and supports activities like music, athletics and art, which are intentionally introduced at varying ages to maximize the child’s benefit.
- Montessori Toddler (2 yrs), Orientation (2 ½ yrs) and Preschool (3 - 4 yrs) Classrooms
- Traditional Progressive Elementary and Middle Schools
- Early Morning and Extended Day Care
- School Wide Wellness Policy
- Spanish Instruction in Preschool – 8th Grade
- Lessons in Living, an award-winning peace and character education program
- Art Instruction across all grades including two annual exhibitions
- A Comprehensive Music Program consisting of 1st and 2nd Gr Violins and Piano, 3rd Gr Recorders, 4th – 8th Grade Performance Band, Middle School Jazz Band, Middle School Strings Ensemble, Handbell and Handchime Choir, Elementary and Middle School Choruses and General Music Instruction for all grades.
- A Successful Physical Education and Competitive Athletics Program grounded in health, wellness and the value of teamwork.
- More than 30 Middle School Electives including Advanced Art, Drama, Web Design, TV Production, Graphic Design, Junior Achievement and Robotics.
Independent research studies show that building parental involvement in education is the number one factor in creating a great school and improving student performance. Unity School provides a wealth of opportunities for parents and families to be involved in their child(ren)’s education from volunteering in the classroom to supporting the school’s calendar of events. Our greatest asset is the dedication and involvement of our parents. Unity School, the little school with big spirit!