Posted August 01, 2014
My daughter is about to complete her 4th year here. It will be her last because she's in 8th now. I always re-evaluate and reflect upon our experience before the coming year to make sure we will continue. We've been to several schools (private, parochial, gifted programs, Montessori) and been disappointed by all of them. However, Unity is a school where the academics, extra-curriculars, electives and social aspects are all excellent. My daughter has been very happy and I really wish we had started out here. I enjoy the community here and the families are all nice and we are always trying to become better people. This is what I've actually liked best about it - the culture of growth and awareness. They are even open to parents coming in and teaching elective classes in subjects that they are passionate and trained to teach. This year we are welcoming a fantastic new head of school and assistant head of school. I only wish we could stay past 8th grade. If you're a parent who won't settle for anything but the best and really wants to be involved in a school, I think Unity will be a wonderful place for you.

Posted June 21, 2014
My son just completed his first year at Unity in the toddler class. He started out with 2 days a week, and by the end of the year he was going 5 days a week and staying a full day most days. He loved going to school. The teachers Miss Claudia, Laura and Evelyn were so sweet, patient and experienced. The office staff is very efficient and organized. I cannot imagine sending my son to any other school.

Posted May 20, 2014
I completely disagree with the cliques comment. My family started at Unity two years ago after we moved and were new to the area. Everyone from the secretary to gym coach to head of school to teachers were so welcoming. Being new, we were assigned a family ambassador who called before school started to introduce herself and guided us through all questions. Everyone was more than friendly. I love talking to other parents at drop off and pick up and meeting them at school events. There is a wide variety of wealth at the school, from the uber rich to parents scraping to get buy but who know Unity is worth the financial sacrifice they may make. At the end of the day, there is no better feeling than knowing your child is safe, secure and thriving at school.

Posted April 30, 2014
Unity School made a name for itself in Palm Beach County. Its dedication to excellence in teaching is evident by the success its graduates experience. The students achievements are distinctive in all aspects including academics, athletics, creativity, and personal growth. The friendly, family-like atmosphere of the school, facilitated by the administration and teachers, established a continuity among its students and staff that is well recognized and admired. The school is committed not only to its students, but also to its core beliefs encompassing the community and self by encouraging the students to reach out in service to the community to those in need, from people to the environment. One cannot go wrong in visiting this school. It is the perfect place to teach a child.

Posted April 17, 2014
The school talks a lot about being a community, a family. While I have seen this in some cases if you are not apart of that group you are an outsider. The school is very cliquey and mothers can be very unfriendly. The children recite their daily peace prayer to reaffirm that message. Unfortunately I think the peace prayer is just a mantra that is recited by students and parents. There are lots of people reciting the words but not living by them. I was surprised at how common it was to say hello to people and not receive a response in return. Grown adults who cannot display common courtesy or basic social skills is all to common at Unity. When you walk through the halls you can see who is connected and who is not. You can also tell who's been there for a long time, who volunteers the most and certainly who donates.

Posted March 05, 2013
Elementary is OK. Middle school is very weak, curriculum and methods of teaching are behind the times. Claim to have ipads for every student in middle, but the teachers don't use them in class, no books are available on them, big PR stunt.... Some middle school teachers are just plain mean. Overall school leadership is very, very weak, totally focused on money and getting donations, any parent giving in addition to the $16K+ per year, is idolized, their kids are given preferential treatment. No understanding of difference between boys and girls in terms of energy levels, boys are expected to behave like girls. Plenty of money in the school but they seem to scrip on every item, one wonders where the money goes from the constant fund raising.

Posted February 27, 2013
Unity School is completely biased to the children who's parents have donated the most money. All teachers will treat kids differently if they know the child is popular with parents and other students. If you donate money to the school, you will not be punished WHAT-SO-EVER. I have been at Unity School for 11 years, and since 3rd grade I have been bullied, and not be treated fairly. I cannot wait to be out of Unity School.

Posted December 07, 2012
Our experience at Unity has been an exceptional one. While we understand that no one school is a perfect fit for every one, Unity goes the extra mile to maintain a balance of structure and harmony at all times. The administration is receptive to issues bound to arise and we appreciate their open door policy. We have been impressed with the academics, the enrichment classes and the families that attend the school. We know of no other place quite like Unity and feel fortunate to have found and made it our school of choice. We highly recommend Unity to anyone seeking a great education blanketed in a nurturing environment for their children.

Unity School 3

Posted June 20, 2012
Everything there is average. It is safe. Some things need to be improved. There is a gossip problem.

Posted June 19, 2012
We have been very impressed by the quality of education and teachers at Unity. It's a fantastic environment for our family. The teachers and administrators are very accessible, which has let us be involved and connected. And many more special things make it worth it to us!... violin lessons in music class, wellness program for healthy lunch and snacks, physical education in gymnasium, and enrichments like golf and chess ... We are very happy Unity parents.

Unity School