PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As a parent with two kids enrolled, I feel compelled to submit a review. Though Unity was an excellent place to send my children, the school has changed drastically and for one reason only. Louis St Laurent has been at the school for over 15 years and more importantly, never had the background to be Head of School. Under his leadership, the school we loved is becoming more and more like a Pine Crest or St Andrews. Why is that a problem, because I didn't put my children there for a reason and Unity may try to be like those schools; but it's impossible. The school is now a "my way or the highway" kind of place and that starts from the top. Teachers come and go and plans that were set and implemented change on a whim. The staff morale is terrible and Mr Saint, as he likes to be called, is anything but. From what I can see, and I'm there often, if he likes you- wonderful. But as a parent or faculty, if you are not blessed to be one of his chosen, you are either treated rudely or completely ignored. I've mentioned this to a Board Member, but am not sure they care to acknowledge the obvious. Leadership needs to be proactive and change with the times. Schools are constantly evaluating students, faculty and curriculum- at least the top schools are. I can't say that for Unity anymore. My kids will not be returning and Mr Saint needs to go. Thank you.

Going here means you have a group to hang out with. We love our friends here who we go on ski trips with and out with all the time. It has been a godsend for our social life. If anyone is annoying we just ignore them. It is so nice to have people who are just alike and we all have the Unity Way in our bones!

My son just completed his first year at Unity in the toddler class. He started out with 2 days a week, and by the end of the year he was going 5 days a week and staying a full day most days. He loved going to school. The teachers Miss Claudia, Laura and Evelyn were so sweet, patient and experienced. The office staff is very efficient and organized. I cannot imagine sending my son to any other school.

I completely disagree with the cliques comment. My family started at Unity two years ago after we moved and were new to the area. Everyone from the secretary to gym coach to head of school to teachers were so welcoming. Being new, we were assigned a family ambassador who called before school started to introduce herself and guided us through all questions. Everyone was more than friendly. I love talking to other parents at drop off and pick up and meeting them at school events. There is a wide variety of wealth at the school, from the uber rich to parents scraping to get buy but who know Unity is worth the financial sacrifice they may make. At the end of the day, there is no better feeling than knowing your child is safe, secure and thriving at school.

Unity School made a name for itself in Palm Beach County. Its dedication to excellence in teaching is evident by the success its graduates experience. The students achievements are distinctive in all aspects including academics, athletics, creativity, and personal growth. The friendly, family-like atmosphere of the school, facilitated by the administration and teachers, established a continuity among its students and staff that is well recognized and admired. The school is committed not only to its students, but also to its core beliefs encompassing the community and self by encouraging the students to reach out in service to the community to those in need, from people to the environment. One cannot go wrong in visiting this school. It is the perfect place to teach a child.

The school talks a lot about being a community, a family. While I have seen this in some cases if you are not apart of that group you are an outsider. The school is very cliquey and mothers can be very unfriendly. The children recite their daily peace prayer to reaffirm that message. Unfortunately I think the peace prayer is just a mantra that is recited by students and parents. There are lots of people reciting the words but not living by them. I was surprised at how common it was to say hello to people and not receive a response in return. Grown adults who cannot display common courtesy or basic social skills is all to common at Unity. When you walk through the halls you can see who is connected and who is not. You can also tell who's been there for a long time, who volunteers the most and certainly who donates.

Elementary is OK. Middle school is very weak, curriculum and methods of teaching are behind the times. Claim to have ipads for every student in middle, but the teachers don't use them in class, no books are available on them, big PR stunt.... Some middle school teachers are just plain mean. Overall school leadership is very, very weak, totally focused on money and getting donations, any parent giving in addition to the $16K+ per year, is idolized, their kids are given preferential treatment. No understanding of difference between boys and girls in terms of energy levels, boys are expected to behave like girls. Plenty of money in the school but they seem to scrip on every item, one wonders where the money goes from the constant fund raising.

Unity School is completely biased to the children who's parents have donated the most money. All teachers will treat kids differently if they know the child is popular with parents and other students. If you donate money to the school, you will not be punished WHAT-SO-EVER. I have been at Unity School for 11 years, and since 3rd grade I have been bullied, and not be treated fairly. I cannot wait to be out of Unity School.

Our experience at Unity has been an exceptional one. While we understand that no one school is a perfect fit for every one, Unity goes the extra mile to maintain a balance of structure and harmony at all times. The administration is receptive to issues bound to arise and we appreciate their open door policy. We have been impressed with the academics, the enrichment classes and the families that attend the school. We know of no other place quite like Unity and feel fortunate to have found and made it our school of choice. We highly recommend Unity to anyone seeking a great education blanketed in a nurturing environment for their children.

We have been very impressed by the quality of education and teachers at Unity. It's a fantastic environment for our family. The teachers and administrators are very accessible, which has let us be involved and connected. And many more special things make it worth it to us!... violin lessons in music class, wellness program for healthy lunch and snacks, physical education in gymnasium, and enrichments like golf and chess ... We are very happy Unity parents.

Last modified Unity School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8