No rating

American Heritage School - Boca/Delray

Private | PK-12

Living in Delray Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $71,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted October 24, 2009

Terrible School. Administration is non-existent and teachers generally do not care and are not good or enthusiastic. I would not want to go back there ever

Posted September 26, 2009

Our daughter attended American Heritage from fifth grade through high school graduation. She has completed her second year at a competative college university with continued success and honors. Heritage provided her with a strong academic background and opportunities for personal growth including honor society memberships and choral audition and training that culminated in a performance at Carnegie Hall. I highly recommend this school that is led by a headmaster with integrity and a teaching staff that is professional and caring.

Posted June 12, 2009

I transfered my son to AH from a public middle school this year. It was the Best thing I ever did to help my son. The special ed. program is awesome! The principle deans and teachers constantly kept in contact with me. The school has great programs for the students to get involved in. AH teaches the students in academics and also to take responsiblity for their actions. I highly reccomand this school. My son loves to go to school now! He wants to get good grades because of the staff and teachers caring about him.

Posted February 26, 2009

I've been going to American heritage for almost 11 years now. This school is defiantly the best school to send your child to. Excellent campus!

Posted September 4, 2008

American Heritage is one of the finest schools in the nation. There is a great sense of family among the students and the administration. They place high priority on well roundedness, personal integrity, civics, fine arts, athletics, and not just SAT scores. This reflects their repsect for long term personal success and includes a very high percentage of Ivy League/top school placement as well, not to mention turning out some of the nation's top athletes. A strict but friendly school, hiring teachers with fine educational backgrounds, and promoting higher education, harmony, morality and hard work, but in a well balanced environment. The students are achievers and very pleased with their school! They should be too, as they have just about everything with the latest technology and infrastructure. AH is a very well run school, oriented to bring the best education and experience to your child. AH's grade: A+

Posted August 18, 2008

I had my daughter go to American Heritage and it is the best school my daughter has ever been to. It is a great school. My daughter skipped 1st grade there. She is doing better than sh ever has before.

Posted March 5, 2008

I recently moved to Boca Raton, Florida over the summer. We decided to try out Donna Klein Jewish Academy for our son, and it was a huge mistake. We then transferred him to American Heritage school and it was a great success story. Our son is a striaght A student no, and although he is in two acadmey classes he is doing well and exceelling in everything.It is very nurturing, caring, and helpful environment and is what a private school should be for a large tuiton.

Posted January 12, 2008

The kids at this school made me more miserable than I ever have been in my life. I was so affected that I nearly committed suicide, and I have recently left the school. The kind of treatment I have received will be traumatic memories for the rest of my life. If you would like your kids to be neglected by teachers,and outcasted by students...this school is the perfect place. I am not saying this as a joke, or effect... This istrue and from the heart.... I am sincere in my opinion.

Posted July 11, 2007

I recently graduated from AHS after attending for three years.I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. It is a great, safe environment, with caring and dedicated teachers. I feel that they did a great job preparing us for college and beyond;I feel confident entering college as a pre-med student. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education in the south Palm Beach County area.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 16, 2006

We are in the process of placing our two children at American Heritage and so far we are very impressed with their professionalism, dilligence and superb administrative staff. Our kids were tested and evaluated and we heard immediately that they were accepted! No bureaucracy here. The school sits on 40 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. The entrance is very pretty and striking. The security guard monitors everyone who wishes to enter the school grounds and is very helpful. They have a list with tons of extra curricular activities available. Anything the kids wish is there. Also, if your child is advanced in a subject, they place him/her in the next grade's classroom for that subject. American Academy (for students with mild to moderate disabilities) mainstreams the kids for a few hours and has a small 12 kids classroom with two teachers. We are impressed and are going to sign up.

Posted August 19, 2003

School experience is personal, teachers available. Headmaster available to parents at any time. Small classes, great long term teachers. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a private school. Everyone cares and it shows.

Asian 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab