No rating

American Heritage School - Boca/Delray

Private | PK-12

Living in Delray Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $71,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted November 20, 2012

My son, a Junior and third year student at AH is excelling beyond anything we could ever imagine! Coming from public school, I cannot express enough the unbelievable quality of education he is receiving. Rigorous classes, taught by exceptional teachers equals a true college preparation. We just returned from visiting schools in Boston & 3 in NY. Everywhere we went the admissions reps knew the AH Counselors by name & they know AH students are prepared. We have 2 elementary students as well. My 2nd grader speaks Mandarin Chinese beyond colors and numbers, completes HW independently on Google Docs, and our 3 yr old navigates his way around our I- Pad by himself. Also, they have assistants in each room. The teachers can actually focus on the students and do what they do best-teach! The individual attention and excelled curriculum is amazing. The idea that they are already motivating them about college at such a young age is truly commendable! I cannot speak highly enough about the professional and family like atmosphere. Students never want to leave! There's always something happening on campus. School never closes! I will never move from this area!

Posted November 14, 2012

I have had the pleasure of being apart of the American Heritage family for the past six years. I feel it is an extraordinary educational college prep school. When I think of adjectives that describe American Heritage, the words that come to mind are superiority, brilliance, and dedication. American Heritage staff and Administration has always gone the extra mile for me personally and for the my children in there needs. American Heritage is most known around our community for its excellence in our pre-law and pre-med programs as well as technology. To list the awards, honors, and accomplishments that AHS has received would take pages. Yet even with its intense commitment to their quality curriculum, AHS finds time to work with Student Government, Key Club, and athletic programs just to name a few. Attending American Heritage is an honor to anyone who has the privilege to do so.

Posted November 13, 2012

Enrolling my two children at American Heritage for preschool was the best decision my husband and I made. Now thirteen years later they have journeyed from toddlers to teenagers and we couldn t be happier. Heritage provides a balanced environment of academics, athletics, fine arts, positive social experiences, community involvement, and leadership opportunities. My children receive guidance from their teachers, as well as from administrators. American Heritage teachers have invested their experience and energy into creating a challenging, yet nurturing environment. The best teachers remain at Heritage because they understand the ingredients to a child s success; commitment, vision, and excellence. As high school graduation approaches, my son and daughter are prepared to compete at top universities and are armed with the confidence to dream big. I really hope that their college years are as awesome as their years spent at American Heritage!

Posted November 13, 2012

My boys have been at American Heritage Boca/Delray since they were 3 years old they are now in 8th and 11th grade. I continue to be very happy with American Heritage. It is a dynamic and vibrant community with great diversity and amazing facilities. My kids love school. They can't wait to go in the morning. They do well in school and score high on standardized tests. This is a clear reflection of the fact that they have received a fantastic education in every subject as well as study skills and test taking skills which will carry them forward through high school, college and beyond. I. The wide array of sports, extra curricular activities and clubs provides them with a lot of opportunities for personal enrichment and growth. In addition to their core curriculum they are proficient in a wide variety of skills which includes things as diverse as public speaking, painting, photography, community service and leadership skills. During the school year students spend so much time at school. The amazing teachers and resources that Heritage offers have surrounded my boys with an incredible amount of guidance, support and discipline.

Posted November 6, 2012

As a parent, we wanted to send our child to a private school that excelled in academics, sports, the arts and most importantly, treats the needs of children individually. After visiting many schools in Broward and Palm Beach Counties, we found that perfect fit at American Heritage in Boca/Delray Beach. Not only does this school meet all of our criteria, it also has state of the art facilities and programs not offered by other private schools. Our expectations have been surpassed. At American Heritage, our son is academically challenged and emotionally nurtured.

Posted November 5, 2012

My two daughters have been part of the American Heritage family for nine years. When we began looking at private schools, our goals were to find a school that not only offered the best education for our children, but one that would allow them to grow into well rounded and capable adults. American Heritage School is a multi faceted learning facility that offers the BEST in education, the BEST faculty, the BEST in cutting edge technology enhancements, the BEST in community service, the BEST in fine arts, the BEST in athletics, and the BEST in teaching my children INTEGRITY and COMPASSION. American Heritage is the BEST school for my children and for our family.

Posted August 21, 2012

The American Heritage policy of refusing to release transcripts of graduating seniors, thereby effectively denying these students the ability to apply for and attend university, unless and until all outstanding tuition fees of his/her SIBLINGS, are paid in full, discriminates against families with multiple students enrolled at the school. After spending over $135,000 at the school in 6 years, my daughter's transcript was held for a balance of only $5,000. After many attempts to resolve the matter amicably by reaching out to the school owner, Mr. Laurie, the American Heritage CFO, Ms. June Walker, and the Delray Beach campus Business Office Manager, Ms. Marie DeFago and after exhausting all avenues of equitable and administrative relief, I made a complaint to the BBB. American Heritage never replied to the BBB complaint. Now, I have been informed by the American Heritage CFO, Ms. June Walker that due to the BBB complaint, she would not accept the re-enrollment of my children after 6 years of attending the school. The whole issue arose as a result of the callous enforcement of a discriminatory school policy. The policy is wrong and unethical, and should be changed.

Posted July 30, 2012

This is our summation, all of which American Heritage has not established as of yet. A great school has: Excellent teachers-A small handfull Strong principal/school leadership-Absolutely Not at this campus Challenging academic programs-Only for a small % of children that qualify to AH terms.American Heritage is undoubtably concerned about the welfare of their bank account and this school is without a doubt a money making machine. The tuition at this school excels most colleges per year and does not give the advantages you would think your child should obtain when paying this amount of money. The Academics have Coaches as teachers, crude at best and simply baby sitters at this point. They will tell you your child needs summer school because of the very low quality of teachers throughout the academic school year that never taught your child properly and summer school is as high priced as their regular school year and lasts the entire summer.CaChing!$ Unimpressive, this school needs new leadership and to be internally revamped from the ground up. The American Heritage registrar has made headlines in the NEWS, the BBB will not accredit the school and it has an F Rating.

Posted May 10, 2012

Came on an academic scholarship and was disappointed in the academics. Teachers were rude, and lazy. Sometimes they wouldn't even show up to class. Teachers discouraged me from bringing in outside knowledge into the class. Also, the students are not open to friends unless you've been attending since pre-k. The transition was awful, I was bullied and didn't have any friends. I would come home from school crying every day.

Posted April 29, 2012

We have had our children at American Heritage for 5 years now and will not be putting them back in this coming 2012-2013 school year. The teachers and academics are just average. Granted some teachers do go above and beyond and are excellent, but the ones that are just there for the paycheck stands out more. We are not impressed with the atmosphere, its either you excel or you dont, its either you have money or your not up to their pay echelon. Parents make sure your of the same social stature that they are or believe me your child wont be their childs friends. Its pretty obvious also, I had one child come to my car door with his cellphone in his ear asking me what my first and last name was and how to spell it, obviously his parent was on the other end of that phone call feverously looking up our stats on Palm Beach County Records...Ugh if only these parents and this community wasnt so busy social climbing, your teaching your children the wrong messages. Case in point I think you know what this means. If you have the extra money and it will take quite alot, then have at it! We came away with not alot of friends at all and a snobby atmosphere, we can do without.

Posted April 29, 2012

Really unimpressed, this school costs as much as a college per year! For that kind of money I would think there would be alot more on their agenda for the students and parents. Give us what we paid for people, we want more of this institution. Show us what our kids have accomplished and stop leaving them out of the loop just because they are not as fast, or intelligent. There are children being brought over from China by the hundreds on scholorships to attend American Heritage, but our children at the school are told we have been there more than a year so we dont get the scholorships. Makes NO sense at all.

Posted April 24, 2012

My boys have been at American Heritage since Kindergarten and now are in the 5th grade. It was the best decision we have made. The schools in Florida were crowded and we felt that our boys would benefit from having smaller classes and 2 teachers in their classrooms. American Heritage have become our 2nd family. The Headmaster, teachers and staff have all been wonderful. We are looking forward to the next chapter in our boys lives...Middle School and their teachers are working hard on preparing them for that step. Thank you American Heritage for giving my boys the best education so far.

Posted March 27, 2012

American Heritage is a school that strives on image. They are diligent at keeping their image intact. It will be very difficult to find complaints against the school, because they have a very well trained PR machine in place. The offer great classes and programs when you enroll only to find that most classes in the law programs need prerequisites or they are full. They promise scholarships are awarded to almost all graduates which is not true. Last but not least if you children attend the school make sure you do not fall behind on your payments, believe me they can be worst than the IRS.

Posted January 13, 2012

Moving from seattle, we found that American heritage did everything to ensure that my kids transitioned well and made the most of their education. In addition, the swimming program is top notch. my kids are happy, challenged and surrounded by other like minded children. I am so happy to be a part of the american heritage family.

Posted September 12, 2011

My son, now age 23, graduated from American Heritage in 2005. He began attending American Heritage in seventh grade. The first year of his attendance was in the American Academy program. Due to the exceptional teaching and guidance he was given during that year, he was able to continue from eighth grade through twelfth in honors and AP classes. He is now a Law Student, with full scholarship, who has just accepted an internship with one of Florida's top law firms. I would like to thank the exceptional American Academy, and American Heritage School teachers, principals and guidance for helping my son become the fantastic young man he is.

Posted August 16, 2011

I have two children at AHS. Both are having wonderful academic and social experiences. The teachers care about them as individuals. Also, the school has excellent art and music programs to create well rounded students.

Posted November 5, 2009

The courses taught at American Heritage School prepared me exceedingly well for a college education. Because of Heritage s Pre-medical Program and outstanding professional faculty, my knowledge in science and medicine far surpasses that of my college peers. My professors at Columbia University are thoroughly impressed with the subjects and books with which I am conversant and compliment American Heritage on the quality of my education. The spectrum of responses I receive when I explain that I have already taken organic chemistry, multivariable calculus, and pathology range from raised eyebrows to fallen jaws. The unique combination of the vast opportunities and qualified faculty make American Heritage School exceptional and unparalleled as a learning institution. Kyle Robinson

Posted November 4, 2009

I can honestly say that without the benefit of attending Heritage, my years at Yale would have been but an unfulfilled dream. American Heritage provided me with the tools for acceptance at Yale. My parents pushed and supported me to be the best I could be, instructors challenged my intellect, and the administration directed my journey towards my Ivy League future. Devin Ringger

Posted October 24, 2009

Terrible School. Administration is non-existent and teachers generally do not care and are not good or enthusiastic. I would not want to go back there ever

Posted September 26, 2009

Our daughter attended American Heritage from fifth grade through high school graduation. She has completed her second year at a competative college university with continued success and honors. Heritage provided her with a strong academic background and opportunities for personal growth including honor society memberships and choral audition and training that culminated in a performance at Carnegie Hall. I highly recommend this school that is led by a headmaster with integrity and a teaching staff that is professional and caring.

Asian 2% N/A