Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school has been a blessing to our family. The lower school provides a challenging and nurturing environment that focuses on the whole child. The faculty truly cares and know all the students and families by name. Both of my children love going to school! We hear nothing but positive things about the middle school and high school and plan to be an AHS family for many years to come.

Develops character: Strongly agree

AHS focuse strongly on ethics and on the students treating each other with kindness and respect.

Exceptional School with Amazing Staff and Students! American Heritage School (Delray) provides a true academic arena for my children to learn to their fullest potential and the nurturing atmosphere for them to grow into compassionate, kind people. Thank you AHS!

My child is in middle school. She has learned to be independent and manages her sport, school work, volunteer work and still find time for fun. We love the strong middle school math program. We are confident that the skills she has acquired at American Heritage will carry her through college and beyond.

American Heritage has so much to offer that other schools don't. Fine arts, sports, and tons of clubs...my high school child doesn't have any clue what she wants to study for her career, but she is excited about trying out different activities that the school offers. The students are polite and the academics are challenging. The school is a nice size - not too big or small.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students caught cheating are sent to the Deans office. Issues of bullying are dealt with quickly.

I think this school does nothing more than babysit and and uses loopholes to recruit foot ball players. They care more about football than the students. Teachers are underpaid and rules are not enforced unilaterally. we pulled our child out and as a whole we are much happier. Spanish river seems to be as good as American heratage. I thought private school would be better but we've changed on mind.

I must say that we had high hopes, however the middle school workload is overwhelming. The homework and projects are over the top. My child does nothing but homework after she gets home from school. She is stressed out and has been staying up very late to get her work done. Is this middle school or college?!

My child is in the lower school. The facilities are fantastic, but the administration is weak and hasn't handled situations that have arisen properly. Inexplicably, there is no lower school guidance counselor. That is a glaring omission to save money. What school has no guidance counselor?! In addition, it's not a very welcoming atmosphere. We have been there for years, but the principal still doesn't know who we are! The workload for young children is too much. A lot of unnecessary pressure and loads and loads of homework, which is overwhelming. Not sure that the academics are really much better than public school, either. (Tons of homework does not mean academically challenging, it means an unhappy child and parents! There is little time left in the day for extracurricular activities and sports. Just school and homework.) Kids should get to be kids. This is elementary school! We will most likely be leaving.

I am in love with this school! My children love to get up and go to school everyday!I am most impressed with the level of challenge in the elementary school along with the fact that kids actually get to attend field trips, and enjoy theater, music and art. If I were a child I would never want to leave the Media Center!!! I have never seen anything like it! It is a must see!!

Last modified American Heritage School - Boca/Delray is a Private school that serves grades PK-12