Posted April 19, 2015
I think this school does nothing more than babysit and and uses loopholes to recruit foot ball players. They care more about football than the students. Teachers are underpaid and rules are not enforced unilaterally. we pulled our child out and as a whole we are much happier. Spanish river seems to be as good as American heratage. I thought private school would be better but we've changed on mind.

American Heritage School - Boca/Delray 2

Posted April 09, 2015
I must say that we had high hopes, however the middle school workload is overwhelming. The homework and projects are over the top. My child does nothing but homework after she gets home from school. She is stressed out and has been staying up very late to get her work done. Is this middle school or college?!

American Heritage School - Boca/Delray 2

Posted March 25, 2015
My child is in the lower school. The facilities are fantastic, but the administration is weak and hasn't handled situations that have arisen properly. Inexplicably, there is no lower school guidance counselor. That is a glaring omission to save money. What school has no guidance counselor?! In addition, it's not a very welcoming atmosphere. We have been there for years, but the principal still doesn't know who we are! The workload for young children is too much. A lot of unnecessary pressure and loads and loads of homework, which is overwhelming. Not sure that the academics are really much better than public school, either. (Tons of homework does not mean academically challenging, it means an unhappy child and parents! There is little time left in the day for extracurricular activities and sports. Just school and homework.) Kids should get to be kids. This is elementary school! We will most likely be leaving.

Posted November 17, 2014
I am in love with this school! My children love to get up and go to school everyday!I am most impressed with the level of challenge in the elementary school along with the fact that kids actually get to attend field trips, and enjoy theater, music and art. If I were a child I would never want to leave the Media Center!!! I have never seen anything like it! It is a must see!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 12, 2014
You're kid needs to be PERFECT, otherwise he/she will not survive. If you want you're kid, next to have a good education, to be a kid, take you're money (a lot for this school) elsewhere!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 08, 2014
I graduated at the year of 2014. Meanwhile you are at school they treat you very well even though there are A LOT OF RULES it's ok go follow them. I was at school today September 8 2014 to visit my old friends and make them a surprise but my old high school told me at the gate that I couldn't get in to visit because it's a new policy. So they always tell you that you are a part of the American heritage family but what kind of family don't let you go visit your home? I was very disappointed and I called everyone at school and they told me I'm sorry but you can't come to see your friends at LUNCH time. I mean really?? Even the deans told me I couldn't get in...
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 30, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for 5 years and I can't begin to say what a great move it was. My children started at a charter school and were happy, but could not have imagined experiencing such wonderful teachers and opportunities at any school. Whether it be high academics or the arts, this school offers it all. The open communication and dedication from the staff is wonderful. It's great to know that there is a school who loves the whole child and believes that all children can succeed.

Posted August 25, 2014
We toured all local private schools and the feeling at American Heritage was the most welcoming.

Posted August 21, 2014
I am a proud parent of a soon to be middle schooler at American Heritage and I have to say that we are so happy with the progress of our child. The school has excellent teachers that are both challenging and supportive at the same time. The resources at the school are top notch and always progressing.We are looking forward for another great year!

Posted July 29, 2014
We pulled our 6 yr old last year. Lots of arrogance, snobbery from other parents. Many of them are completely immersed in gossip and we heard from one that their son was constantly bullied. They brought this up to the senior administrator who did nothing. The academics are sub-par - for the cost of tuition you would expect better qualified teachers. During a parent-teacher meeting, it was apparent that our son's teacher was uninterested and not engaged. Many of the kids did not look happy and under stress. Would not recommend you send your kid to this school.
7 people found this helpful

American Heritage School - Boca/Delray
6200 Linton Blvd, Delray Beach, FL  33484
Last modified American Heritage School - Boca/Delray is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
American Heritage School - Boca/Delray Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top