538 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

With my sons needs I thought it was a bit much but for a normal studen would be just fine.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son is special needs and they are amazing at not only helping him to want to try but also keeping open communication with me.

My son is a specaial needs studen who struggles constantly but at this school he has such a great support system that he is coming out of his shell more and more and is starting to try an read on his own. All the teachers are very helpful and will hear you out and do everything they can to help your child!

Both my sons go to Pride and they have wonderful teachers Mrs Swindle 5th grade is a great teacher also Mr Smith pre k teacher is an amazing teacher both my sons are Autistic and they are doing wonderful in this school. very grateful for these wonderful teachers and school staff...... Lisa Velez

Pride Elementary is the best school. The teachers and staff are great. The administration is available and visible on campus. Everyone there cares about the children.

Pride is a great school! It has excellent teachers and all of my 3 kids love it!

I have had two children at this school. The school is wonderful. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars, was the amount of times that my fifth grader had a switch of teachers.

I am glad to this is improved or parents that had there variances revoked in 2011 have not posted or there posts were removed. Just do not challenge this administration or they will boot you from the school so they can return to a high rated and well proforming school. Just ironic that there are no posts for 2011 on her just 2010 when I was happy with the school and in 2012

What a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT school!!! From the Principal, Assistant Principal, Office Staff, Teachers, Custodians, every single person working in this school is absolutetly wonderful! Family oriented, always thinking of new ways to get families involved in their children's education. They have Family Fun Night, Cocoa with Santa, Math Night, Reading Night, etc. Curb side pick up is safe, quick and very organized. It is also an "A" school. How lucky are we to be a part of such a wonderful school!

My boys have been going to Pride since the school opened. I have to say that I was not fond of the school back then however, they have changed for the BETTER! Every year seems to bring positive changes. They have taken contructive criticism and fixed the areas of concern that the parents addressed. The school is very family involved. The only problem I see is that the parents are NOT involved with the school. They have spirit night, Family fun nights, Reading nights, and math nights and I do not see many families attending.. A Shame!

Last modified Pride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.