1,088 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

We are having problems with communication at this school and implicating 504 plans. The lack of parent teacher involvement. The school does not allow parents to come to class without 24 hour notice to teachers. Just like students are surprised to see there parents if teacher are following the rules it should not be a problem for a parent to come into class to make sure their child is doing the right thing. That is why the school does not have a lot of parent involvement. Staff member do not follow timely procedures as far as communication with parents.

HORRIBLE! If i where a parent I would not send my kids here but I am a student and my parents really don't care the teachers here are ok but then there are few that EVERYONE who have/had them hate and I have that one teacher this whole year also some of my friends got bullied last year so they did what they where told like go to the 6th grade house and report it and stuff so they had done that nothing was done about it the staff only cares about u if u r popular otherwise u r just as good as a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoe I hate it here and I want to go to heratige middle school so bad

This year is my 8th grade year at Deltona middle. And for the last 2 years I would have to say the ratings have dropped from a 6 down to a 4. Some teachers seem like they don't care whether the students successfully Pass or fail. Yet on the other hand some teachers actually want students to pass. My recamendation is to the Volusia county school board is not to change principles every year. It confuses us students because of the different required yest scores. All so about Deltona middle, some of the teachers bully students which is very UNPERFESIONAL. If Deltona middle were to close down I would not be surprised.

I'm a 9th grader and I just left and that school is amazing. And the teachers. Especially Mrs. Morgan (LA).

I am a teacher at Deltona Middle School and like all large school, we have our problems. That does not make it a bad school. Problems are delt with as best a possible and complaining does not help solve problems. Parents, be pro-active in YOUR child's education. Realize teachers have at least 100+ students. Send the teachers an email, pick up the phone and call. Ask YOUR child about grade reports, know when interim reports are supposed to be brought home. Take YOUR child to the public library, encourage reading outside of school. Value education and teach YOUR child to value education as well. Believe it or not, we are in the education business because we CARE. Only by working together with your child's teachers will your DMS experience be rewarding. We do all we can for 6-7 hours, 5 days a week with them. The rest is up to you. BE THERE! And just for the record, students always out number the adults on every school campus.

Racial discrimination, gangs and violence often occur among students at Deltona Middle School , it has been so hard for my son and I to concentrate on his education because all distractions .. The staff is very welcoming and understanding however they r overwhelmed and out numbered by students.. the key to success here for any student is parent involvement .... If you want your child to do good at Deltona Middle be involved at school thats the only way to keep on track and know who your child really is and what there doing.

I quit teaching mid-year at Deltona Middle due to the lack of discipline, racial tensions, catering to Spanish speakers moved down from New York. I left and went to another school system. I would never recommend Deltona Middle.....its an absolute horror show. It has turned into The Bronx! And that is NOT a compliment.

I go to Deltona Middle School and i dont think its great but this is the only school that im zoned to and it is close to my house. Some of my friends go to Galaxy Middle School and they hate it .Next year they are transfering to Deltona Middle School. I rather go to Riversprings Middle School they are a brand new school and suppose to be great . But really all middle schools are the same its not the school its the kids in it. That makes the school bad I guess. In a couple of years Riversprings Middle School will turn into Deltona Middle School, they are all not perfect and has some of there good things and bad things they school has.

This school is outstanding, you will not regret sending your child to this school. They get a good education and the teachers are great and are always there for help.

My son has always done well in school. His 6th grade year at Heritage Middle was wonderful, then we got rezoned to Deltona Middle. It has been 2 horrible years for him. As parents, we have hated the experience, as well. The teachers act as if it is high school. The constent "prepairing" for high school is rediculous! They are middle school students and should be treated as such. I have never seen such an "I don't care attitude" until now. They never let me know something IMPORTANT until it's too late. No phone calls or emails from teachers when grades are D's or F's.

Last modified Deltona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.