1,088 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible school I just can't express it enough. I feel like the students run it and the teachers are afraid. I had asked a teacher once if they give homework so I can help my child at home to improve his grades and her response was no because most don't turn it in anyways. So what about the ones who do or for the parents who want to help thier kids. I mean who are the adults here. If a child does wrong they are quick to suspend them, well for most of them that is not a punishment but a way for the school to temporarily get rid of the problem. Call the parent request abmeeting use tge guidance councelor. I didn't know my son had all those referrals until about the 17th one. He did not have any last year. This school is awful in communicating with parents. I only had 1 teacher come forward to let me know he was failing. Why wait for a child to be failing when we could have started a few months prior. I found out in the 2nd marking period they have tutoring available because I brought it up. Having four F's didn't raise up the flags. This is my son's first year here and hopefully I can send him somewhere else next year.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

No homework per teacher what's the point they don't turn it in.... but who cares about the kids that do?... hhmmm...

We are having problems with communication at this school and implicating 504 plans. The lack of parent teacher involvement. The school does not allow parents to come to class without 24 hour notice to teachers. Just like students are surprised to see there parents if teacher are following the rules it should not be a problem for a parent to come into class to make sure their child is doing the right thing. That is why the school does not have a lot of parent involvement. Staff member do not follow timely procedures as far as communication with parents.

HORRIBLE! If i where a parent I would not send my kids here but I am a student and my parents really don't care the teachers here are ok but then there are few that EVERYONE who have/had them hate and I have that one teacher this whole year also some of my friends got bullied last year so they did what they where told like go to the 6th grade house and report it and stuff so they had done that nothing was done about it the staff only cares about u if u r popular otherwise u r just as good as a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoe I hate it here and I want to go to heratige middle school so bad

This year is my 8th grade year at Deltona middle. And for the last 2 years I would have to say the ratings have dropped from a 6 down to a 4. Some teachers seem like they don't care whether the students successfully Pass or fail. Yet on the other hand some teachers actually want students to pass. My recamendation is to the Volusia county school board is not to change principles every year. It confuses us students because of the different required yest scores. All so about Deltona middle, some of the teachers bully students which is very UNPERFESIONAL. If Deltona middle were to close down I would not be surprised.

I'm a 9th grader and I just left and that school is amazing. And the teachers. Especially Mrs. Morgan (LA).

I am a teacher at Deltona Middle School and like all large school, we have our problems. That does not make it a bad school. Problems are delt with as best a possible and complaining does not help solve problems. Parents, be pro-active in YOUR child's education. Realize teachers have at least 100+ students. Send the teachers an email, pick up the phone and call. Ask YOUR child about grade reports, know when interim reports are supposed to be brought home. Take YOUR child to the public library, encourage reading outside of school. Value education and teach YOUR child to value education as well. Believe it or not, we are in the education business because we CARE. Only by working together with your child's teachers will your DMS experience be rewarding. We do all we can for 6-7 hours, 5 days a week with them. The rest is up to you. BE THERE! And just for the record, students always out number the adults on every school campus.

Racial discrimination, gangs and violence often occur among students at Deltona Middle School , it has been so hard for my son and I to concentrate on his education because all distractions .. The staff is very welcoming and understanding however they r overwhelmed and out numbered by students.. the key to success here for any student is parent involvement .... If you want your child to do good at Deltona Middle be involved at school thats the only way to keep on track and know who your child really is and what there doing.

I quit teaching mid-year at Deltona Middle due to the lack of discipline, racial tensions, catering to Spanish speakers moved down from New York. I left and went to another school system. I would never recommend Deltona Middle.....its an absolute horror show. It has turned into The Bronx! And that is NOT a compliment.

I go to Deltona Middle School and i dont think its great but this is the only school that im zoned to and it is close to my house. Some of my friends go to Galaxy Middle School and they hate it .Next year they are transfering to Deltona Middle School. I rather go to Riversprings Middle School they are a brand new school and suppose to be great . But really all middle schools are the same its not the school its the kids in it. That makes the school bad I guess. In a couple of years Riversprings Middle School will turn into Deltona Middle School, they are all not perfect and has some of there good things and bad things they school has.

Last modified Deltona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.