Deltona, FL
Before care: Yes

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
I opened DLE in 1982. I planned, developed and wrote the grants to finance the Sand Pine Nature Center that Deltona's current mayor burned to the ground following the 5 hurricanes of 2004. Next to Deltona Middle School its the worst place I ever worked. Even the Supt wants out of Volusia County, but no one else will take the job!! Douglas Bowman / retired

Posted April 02, 2014
Great school. Teachers do love to help. They are very friendly and fun. A lot of parents volunteer as well. Over all my child has learned a lot in a very short time. and there is great comunication between teachers and parents.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
we just moved here and i am far from impressed with the office staff and the efficiency of how things get done.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My nephew attends this school. He is happy and likes his school. The teachers and principals are very accomodating to parents and students.

Posted August 01, 2013
Both of my kids went to DLE. If parents had a problem with either the teachers OT the office staff they must not be easy to please. DLE is a very homey environment and everyone is always so friendly and warm.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2013
School has very low educational level. After moving away from this school into a good school system in Texas my kids are much behind the kids here. Teachers don't communicate to parents hardly at all. We also have a sun with Asperger's and the teachers counselor and principles knew nothing about autism and/or how to treat and react to my son . This ended up being a daily call at about 9 am to come pick him up from school . I would avoid all Deltona schools if you value your kids education

Posted October 02, 2012
I am a student here... I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Its awesome! I totally recommend anyone to go here... I love it... Great staff,great principals,great food,VERY NICE TEACHERS! I have been in this school for 6 years I think.. Kindergarten-5th grade. I am now in 5th grade. Miss Vogel is my teacher and she is amazing! Every teacher is super nice! ;) Please if you live in Deltona,make sure you child goes here!!

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2012
This school has some great teachers. The principals are no good. They spend more time in the parking lot moving cones than they do being involved in what's going on in the classrooms. We need a new staff at this school.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2011
My third grader is required to be quiet and sit in her seat all day long with little movement. Expectations are not age appropriate, and the teacher points out student weaknesses in front of their classmates, humiliating the student. I've tried working with the school and have gotten no where. It breaks my heart to have a child who comes home crying because her teacher treats her poorly. Add to it homework which asks subjective questions and then demands exact answers, and you've got a sure disaster on your hands. My A/B student has been getting D's and F's because of this.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2011
I am very happy to have seen the great improvements on my daughte'rs reading and math skills. I only have DLE to thank! They have helped me with tips on how to work with my daughter's school work, while we work as a team. The teachers and staff at DLE are very nice and helpful. I can't wait to see what develops when my daugther goes onto the 3rd grade.

Deltona Lakes Elementary School
2022 Adelia Boulevard, Deltona, FL  32725
Last modified Deltona Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deltona Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top