756 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

I opened DLE in 1982. I planned, developed and wrote the grants to finance the Sand Pine Nature Center that Deltona's current mayor burned to the ground following the 5 hurricanes of 2004. Next to Deltona Middle School its the worst place I ever worked. Even the Supt wants out of Volusia County, but no one else will take the job!! Douglas Bowman / retired

Great school. Teachers do love to help. They are very friendly and fun. A lot of parents volunteer as well. Over all my child has learned a lot in a very short time. and there is great comunication between teachers and parents.

we just moved here and i am far from impressed with the office staff and the efficiency of how things get done.

My nephew attends this school. He is happy and likes his school. The teachers and principals are very accomodating to parents and students.

Both of my kids went to DLE. If parents had a problem with either the teachers OT the office staff they must not be easy to please. DLE is a very homey environment and everyone is always so friendly and warm.

School has very low educational level. After moving away from this school into a good school system in Texas my kids are much behind the kids here. Teachers don't communicate to parents hardly at all. We also have a sun with Asperger's and the teachers counselor and principles knew nothing about autism and/or how to treat and react to my son . This ended up being a daily call at about 9 am to come pick him up from school . I would avoid all Deltona schools if you value your kids education

I am a student here... I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Its awesome! I totally recommend anyone to go here... I love it... Great staff,great principals,great food,VERY NICE TEACHERS! I have been in this school for 6 years I think.. Kindergarten-5th grade. I am now in 5th grade. Miss Vogel is my teacher and she is amazing! Every teacher is super nice! ;) Please if you live in Deltona,make sure you child goes here!!

This school has some great teachers. The principals are no good. They spend more time in the parking lot moving cones than they do being involved in what's going on in the classrooms. We need a new staff at this school.

Many years ago they built The Sand Pine Nature Center. It has been allowed to fall into disrepair and is no longer used. Its such a shame. I know there were several education grants and donations from community service groups when they first started develop the center. There just never seems to be any follow-up. Maybe the principal and staff no longer care....

My third grader is required to be quiet and sit in her seat all day long with little movement. Expectations are not age appropriate, and the teacher points out student weaknesses in front of their classmates, humiliating the student. I've tried working with the school and have gotten no where. It breaks my heart to have a child who comes home crying because her teacher treats her poorly. Add to it homework which asks subjective questions and then demands exact answers, and you've got a sure disaster on your hands. My A/B student has been getting D's and F's because of this.

Last modified Deltona Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.