Deltona, FL
Before care: Yes

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
This school is horrible!!! Horrible teachers with no discipline, kids cursing in front of teachers and parents with no consequences. This is supposed to be elementary school!!

Posted April 17, 2014
a Safe school for everyone!! We love to have our son here for many reasons including the professionalism that they have.

Posted January 31, 2014
I came across this site by accident... I was originally trying to find the school's phone number & now I find myself reading reviews. (lol) I have a son who is in 1st grade & a daughter in kindergarten at Discovery Elementary. I'm actually shocked to see so many negative reviews pertaining the principal & office staff... they've always been so friendly & helpful, I can't imagine them ever being "rude, unpleasant, or unapproachable." The principal is always in the parent pick-up loop when I drop the kids off in the morning & when I pick them up in the afternoon. Sometimes she opens the door for them & she even calls them by name to come to the car- they love that, by the way. It really gives you a sense of ease knowing that she watches out for your kids. I love her! The front office staff & teachers are the same. They made sure we had a Thanksgiving dinner last year & they also gave my daughter a backpack on her 1st day of school when we couldn't afford one. They do whatever they can to give all of their students a happy childhood & provide them with the education they need to succeed. Very glad to have my kids here

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
I am a former student. I liked the school overall. Good education and mostly great teachers. The principal was a little unapproachable, but I had a good 6 years :) I am now in 8th grade so it's been a few years, hopefully they've improved -Madison Taylor

Posted January 16, 2013
This school is a great school that involves parents. The teachers are great with the children. My family all brought there children to this school because no other school Elementary School in Deltona gives the proper education like Discovery. Elementry schools are very important these years your chlidren grow up they learn the most. Discovery seems to be doing something right.

Discovery Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2012
Horrible school, I have a 2nd and 3rd grader. Teachers are lazy and not knowlegable, Teachers and school are very unorganized, no communication nor care in their students

Posted August 08, 2012
Both my boys (K-3 & k-1) went there and I have had a different experience with both. I love the staff, they remember faces so well. My boys love their teachers, staff and principle. It was hard to communicate with my eldest teachers who was in a regular class but my youngest, who is autistic, was in the ESE program and it was beyond what I expected. The teachers are amazing and Mrs Duffer has a heart of gold. If your child has an IEP that requires them to be in a class for children with special needs, I DEFINITELY recommend this school for your child. The regular classes are average but this school definitely excels on the program available for children with special needs.

Posted January 24, 2012
I Was a student there for 4-5 that's a pretty good school, the teachers are great there , sometimes the office staff can be a bit rude but it's a great school. -Submitted by a old student

Discovery Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2010
My son is starting his 4th year at Discovery so I have been there long enough to state that most of the teachers are excellent. In my opinion this is half the battle in a system where school staffs, parents and students most work together for the success of our children. At Discovery, unfortunately this is not possible. The Principal is unapproachable and is not good at resolving student conflicts. The new front office staff is rude and not at all concern with student safety. (Ex: I have walked in to pick up my son early twice and was never ask for identification, again front office staff is new and don t know who I am). It s hard to get parents involved and volunteering in school activities when the staff is so unpleasant.

Discovery Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2010
This is my son's third year at this school and I agree here that the office staff and principal are cold. They have also been rude in some cases. Though my sons teachers throughout the years have been pretty awesome. My son needs more challenging academic programs and better school leadership. Also, I hate the fact that they pass a student to the next grade with an FCAT sore of 1 on Math just because he scored a 3 on the Reading part. What success does this create? I'm looking to transfer my son from this school.

Discovery Elementary School
975 Abagail Drive, Deltona, FL  32725
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top