Posted August 13, 2014
I am now an eighth grader at Galaxy Middle and honestly the school is pretty bad. I am a student who attends orchestra as my elective. Throughout my 3 years here I have never been in the same room nor have I had a big room unlike the band, keyboard, or choir kids. The dress code I rediculous (no rips in jeans even if you can't see skin!). I dont wear jeans with rips but I feel bad for the kids that spend $40 on nice jeans with a little rip in them and can never wear it to school! Really galaxy. I have also see a couple fights and in the past few fights the administrators just stood there and watched the two kids duke it out! He didn't even bother to break it up! At one point I was furious bacause I heard from a few(4) band kids that the band conductor had spoken profanity about the orchestra teacher. I was mad but at no point did I take physical action. Instead I tried to make a petition to join both the band and orchestra classes to end the discrimination. One day an administrator dragged me out of my orchestra class and cornered me against the wall with 4 other administrators. She threatened to give me a referral for petitioning. (check my constitutional rights). Disgraceful...
2 people found this helpful

Galaxy Middle School 3

Posted August 13, 2014
I am a student at Galaxy heading into eighth grade! As the summer progressed I heard about electives that were being taken away and it shocks me. First of all, Galaxy said if you had a 3 or above on the FCAT than you could opt out of reading 2 and do Spanish 1. Then as summer progressed they changed that rule and then said Spanish is now an elective and you must take reading 2 as a core class. Then right before school starts, they decide to completely take away Spanish 1! It's not just THAT that aggrivates me. A lot of teachers at Galaxy base grading conduct and papers solely off of personal bias and opinions about their students which is not good. More and more fights happen each week, and I was in a fight and I gotta say it's fun... In the beginning! But the fellow students at Galaxy are constantly spreading rumors causing fights so I don't know how that can be taken care of but that has to stop. Kids at the school completely disrespect each other and the teachers and there has to be some change with that. They are constantly cursing, goofing I'm around, and just being trolls :(. Galaxy is a great school but something has to change.

Galaxy Middle School 5

Posted July 28, 2014
I am now going into the 8th grade and I love this school! I have great teachers who help me a lot. I also know so many people that get good grades there. 100% of the students even passed the algebra EOC including me. I do admit there is some bullying but that is not the fault of the school for how other children behave with eachother.

Galaxy Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2014
Part 2- The Eighth Grade graduating class again had to pay 10.00 each for thier so called end of year party. So let me see 300 or so kids @ 10.00 = 3,000.00 dollars!!! Lasted about 3 hours, a piece of pizza and drink. played some basketball in gym!!! Can't tell me these schools don't profit!!!!! Still would like to know what they do with all the money they charge the students!!! better yet the parent. Florida school systems suckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! The whole year is about prepping the kids for F-CAT, which is grading thier teaching skills!!!!! Hmmm, maybe thats why they're on the bottom of the list in education!!!!!

Posted May 24, 2014
This is my last year and I am so happy! Galaxy is a very bad school because the staff usually doesn't care about the students, they just stand around or joke around with others and the students get bullied 24/7 it's so sad. The dress code is ridiculous, it doesn't even make sense and the cafeteria food is absolutely terrible. Some of the teachers are great some are terrible and rude. The counselor is rude and always seem to care less about the student. So if you're a paret just know that this school may not be for your child.

Posted October 07, 2013
My child goed here and Im seriously considering pulling her out and homeschooling.The staff are nothing but Bullies,and do nothing but harass my child on a weekly basis.Tje dress code is a Joke and they really need to focus more on the children's education other than tje way they are dressing and leave that to us parents!

Galaxy Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
This school is dangerous. Somehow there never seems to be enough supervision during fights, bullying or kids making out in the hall ways. Something big is being missed here. There R some AMAZING teachers, ESPECIALLY in the gifted program which I would rate A+. Sure they stop some fights and some situations but way to many are not being stopped. My kids talk to me, and this is not my first child in middle school. If you can avoid this school I recommend you do I know sometimes, some populations, are harder than others, but for example...I complained, no teacher not even one was at the parent drop-off or pickup area. kids NEED supervision. When I complained I was told someone was sick....OK... so no backup plan? Give me a break, again another excuse. I think the administration needs to stop making excuses & start making some changes. If policies aren't working change them! These kids are depending on you. We owe it to them to have a safe environment 4 them to be able to succeed & learn in school. My son loved middle school until Galaxy he doesn't anymore... I am an involved active parent / retired teacher & I'm telling you honestly .....4 out of 10 was generous.

Posted February 21, 2013
Judging from some of the other comments here and a 95% dissatisfaction rate, our student has received the same dose of ignorance on how to respond to a child with needs. The uncaring attitude of the staff at this school is grounds for dismissal in my view. The bully problem is a symptom of the inaptitude and lack of training to control disruptive behavior. If you are a parent, I would have second thoughts about having your child get a good education here. Ask questions and tread carefully before sending your student here.

Posted January 24, 2012
This school is consisted of a faculty that could care less whether your child is being bullied either in or outside of the classroom, or whether your child is failing. I can't believe this school got a 5/10. If it wasn't for the FCAT, and the so called good scores, it is pathetic, if it were my choice I would close down GMS, and send the students to a better school. The faculty and administration are very harsh, for example, if a student has to go to the restroom, but only has 5 minutes, and has to rush because their next class is on the other side of campus, that student would be punished. Now, parents if you have a student that goes to GMS take them out of it. Every day that I went there as a student I was completely tormented and bullied, not just by students, but also teachers. - A former student

Posted January 19, 2012
I've visited Galaxy one time in my life and frankly it's pretty bad. The students don't seem to click to me and the teachers don't seem professional. I am currently an 8th grader at Heritage Middle School. My school on the other hand scores 9/10 stars and is voted to be the best school in Volusia. If any Galaxy kids want to come to HMS fell free! It's an awesome school with fun teachers and awesome friends. -Melissa

Galaxy Middle School
2400 Eustace Avenue, Deltona, FL  32725
Last modified Galaxy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galaxy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top