Destin, FL

Destin Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2011
I have had two children attend Destin Elementry School. The teachers they were assigned are very good, pleasant and very accommodating to each students' needs. I only having good things to say about the outstanding teachers at this school. As with any other Florida public school, there is an overall academic emphasis on FCAT. As annoying as this is for teachers and parents, such is the Florida public school system. My biggest complaint is that the school obviously lacks funding. The facility is dated, there is not an indoor gym. Indoor gym is held in what can be best described as a multipurpose room. The music teacher was also cut this year because of budget problems. So the children are not receiving any formal music education. The only other mentionable criticism is that the school is located adjacent to a public park. This park is used by the students for gym and special outdoor events. However, because it is a public park, it is not gated off or secure during these times. I have always felt that this is a major security concern for the students.

Destin Elementary School

Posted May 02, 2010
I totally disagree with the post on April 27 2010. The principal is exellent! Very responsive and cares about the children above and beyond. We have a child that has a learning disability. She recieves everything she needs to succeed. We valso have two other children who experience the standard class enviroment. The teachers are the best. We consistently see them do the next right thing in educating our children.

Destin Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
Teachers have done a great job rating this school here. My child is in a class with thirty children and it's chaos! They learn more at home doing tons of homework. The school is overcrowded and all the principal cares about is FCAT testing and more money. After all the fences put up it looks like a prison. I'm not sure if its to keep them in or us out!

Posted July 23, 2009
All 4 of my children have attended Destin Elementary from 1989 to present. This is the best public school experience your child will ever have !

Posted January 11, 2006
Cream of the crop when it comes to schools! Can't praise the staff enough! They all are caring, knowledgable, and challenge their students to excel in all they do. There is terrific communication between parents and teachers and the amount of parent involvement is phenomenal!

Posted August 12, 2005
Awesome academics, wonderful teachers, superb staff and a super caring environment. DES surely meets our high standards!

Posted March 01, 2005
Destin Elementary is an absolute wonderful school. I have noticed a drastic improvment in my sons reading ability, and math knowledge. The teachers are wonderful and helpful, the Principal acknowledges everyone by name. The teachers are knowledgable, understanding, and go the extra step for the children. Destin Elementary is a great school, I would reccommend this school to anyone moving to Destin.

Posted December 10, 2004
Wonderful school. My children have excelled and been challenged to continue to excell.

Posted March 23, 2004
Wonderful school! Tremendous parent/teacher involvement. We were forced to relocate due to the military,and miss Destin Elem. greatly. The teachers are exceptional and genuinely care for their students.

Destin Elementary School
630 Kelly Street, Destin, FL  32541
Last modified Destin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Destin Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top