Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 08, 2015
My daughter's teacher was very caring and attentive with her students. The learning environment is positive, structured and fun for the children and there's mutual respect between the teachers, administrators and the children. Parents are kept abreast of the child's progress and feedback is given regularly. I have been very pleased overall and my daughter loves her school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 08, 2015
There is a significant amount of homework and projects but unfortunately, this seems to be the norm in schools today. A lot of the homework does require some level of parent involvement. There is homework assistance in aftercare which is a great help. The Superintendent in the School District has been talking about reducing the heavy load of homework assignments which would allow the kids to have more time for after school sports, activities and creative play. Hopefully this will come into effect soon.

Posted July 08, 2015
The teachers are caring and friendly and has a strong curriculum. In addition to the standard courses, the students also learn art, physical education, music, computers and Spanish- one class each day of the week. It is a small enough school where the administrators even get to know the students by name. The school is very organized and is a fun, positive learning environment. The grounds are kept nicely inside and out. There are plenty of optional after school programs, although somewhat expensive. The local traffic for drop off/pick up can sometimes be a bit cumbersome but is usually managed effectively by the volunteer parents and teachers. As a charter school, parents are required to volunteer and plenty of opportunities are available to help at the school year round.

Posted January 05, 2015
Excellent school, very organized, friendly teacher. Especially the computer techonology skill. Appreciate teacher make my kids improve much more than before.

Posted October 20, 2014
Everything is good about this school! Our son loves it! I was scared at the beginning because some people say it is like a mitary school. Now I can say it is not, they love discipline and good behave children and that is good!

Posted August 18, 2014
Es una gran escuela no solo por su nivel academico sino por la parte humana. Es cuestion de disciplina es ideal ya que son muy estrictos en temas que para los padres son importantes. Mi hija est desde kinder y tanto ella como yo estamos totalmente contentas y satisfechas.

Posted June 20, 2014
My son switched to RECS starting on 5th grade and I'm very impressed with the educational experience overall. The school is academically demanding, the teaching staff is capable and also very nice. Overall couldn't be happier!

Posted June 04, 2014
After reading a lot of the school's reviews I have to say the following. This school is not easy and it does has a lot of homeworks and projects. We do have a lot of very stress nighs but this school is awesome. I am not a classroom mom or know a lot of the staff in this school. I almost can't go to the school activities or do voluntary hours. The only thing we can do is help our kids with their homewoorks and projects. My kids are both honor students and they are great kids. As long as you as a parent do your daily work with your kids...no need to get anything for free. If you know what I mean! About Mrs. Cordal and the teachers....they are awesome. When you work with so many people you have to follow the rules and if you do one exception then you have to make exceptions with everybody. That's why we have such a great school.

Posted April 18, 2014
Since I have switch my son to this school I have seen a huge improvement in his grades. His teacher is always willing to help make him better and improve on where he struggles. etc. The teachers and staff are awesome.

Renaissance Elementary Charter School 2

Posted September 25, 2013
I believe that principles with great leadership are those who exude love and kindness to their students, faculty members and parents naturally and at all times. The principle of this school doesn't have the quality of nurturing not only when board members or parents are present. So often you find the principles that only act a certain way when the are in the presence of those in charge of her salary. I hope that the right people in charge take this into consideration and get a more nurturing and loving principle.

10651 Northwest 19th Street, Doral, FL  33172
Last modified Renaissance Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top