Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 28, 2015
They are not helpful at all. And when you offer any suggestions, they look at you like "How dare you" "You are cutting into our gossiping time"

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 28, 2015
I've realized that the teachers expect the Parents to do the work for them. The amount of homework given to these poor children is ridiculous! A child does not have enough time to be a child anymore.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
No...What they do is kill a child's spirit...They do not understand the meaning of encouragement.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
If they have a hard time respecting the parents, how do you think they treat the children?

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
If a teacher tells a child to "Hold it" when he has to use the restroom....To the point where it made the child sick. You be the judge.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 28, 2015
Definitely not fairness. Especially when the teachers blatenly shout out "This is my favorite Student" when handing out awards. Making other students feel bad. Favoritism is obvious at this school.

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 1

Posted May 28, 2015
Beware!!!! If you care about your children DO NOT send them to EBT. 3 Words: Incompetant, Inconsiderate and Pretentious. I should have pulled mine out after my first Parent Teacher conference, when I was told by the 1st grade teachers that My child should speak SPANISH especially living in Florida...Maybe she should have been more specific and said "Doral" (This is coming from a teacher who barely speaks English..I had a hard time understanding her thick accent, can you imagine how much harder it is for children?). Either way, last time I checked, I believe Florida is still part of the United States of AMERICA! English is a bit more important lady! Sure having a second language is great, but don't hold it against my child. (Which is exactly what they did). Another thing they do is lock all the bathrooms, and tell children to "Hold it" my child came home this week running to the bathroom and told me "Mommy I thought I was going to pass out, my tummy hurts and I feel nauseous." (That did it for me! I will be getting a hold of the Dean and board of directors...I'm not done with this school yet!) Another horrific part of this school is some of the Security Staff who only speak Spanish. They talk/yell at not only children but parents like they are all delinquents. They are not helpful at all..Very unorganized and uneducated. It seems like Gossiping is on their priority list. I'm sure not all teachers are bad at this school. But the 1st grade teachers we had were not the best. Lacked education, compassion and overall I think they just don't understand the concept of what a teacher should be. We will NOT be returning to EBT.

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 3

Posted March 11, 2015
The school is very clean , organize and safe for students. They have lots of extracurricular activities wich is good. However, the school is very much academic achievement oriented, and that puts a lot of pressure on the kids, I have come to the realization that if your kid is below average in academics , he or she will usually be left behind, and some teachers, not all, could be really mean about this. The administration is very shut down when it comes to helping with parent-teachers-kids problems, usually they side with the teachers , and parents feel they are not heard. I have to say they also have very good teachers. Good luck getting one, if you do your kid will have a wonderful experience, in the other hand if you don't be prepare to have a hard time! Recently, the most significant problem I' have encountered has been with spanish teachers in specifc Mr Garcia, he yells a lot to the kids, and is rude and mean to them, so much so that the kids are afraid of him,and this in elementary!
7 people found this helpful

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 1

Posted October 26, 2014
Muy regular es normal para ellos que una ni a de 8 a os se baje en una parada del bus incorrecta, y la excusa es que es gratis el servicio del bus y no tenemos derecho de dar quejas
2 people found this helpful

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 5

Posted August 18, 2014
This is my son's second year at EBT. He started first grade today. I must say that his Kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Valdes and Mrs. Leon, were wonderful. He learned so much in their class. I really have nothing bad to say about EBT. I hope this year is as great as last year.
2 people found this helpful

5950 Northwest 114th Avenue, Doral, FL  33178
Last modified Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 94 reviews. Top