Doral, FL
Students enrolled: 1,629

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 1

Posted October 26, 2014
Muy regular es normal para ellos que una ni a de 8 a os se baje en una parada del bus incorrecta, y la excusa es que es gratis el servicio del bus y no tenemos derecho de dar quejas

Posted August 18, 2014
This is my son's second year at EBT. He started first grade today. I must say that his Kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Valdes and Mrs. Leon, were wonderful. He learned so much in their class. I really have nothing bad to say about EBT. I hope this year is as great as last year.

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 3

Posted July 27, 2014
I have a mixed opinion about this school. My daughter was in 2nd grade-gifted and had a great year. Her teacher Ms. Davila is a wonderful, caring, and dedicated teacher. My daughter felt motivated to make her proud. On the other hand, my son who turned 6 this year had a very difficult year. His kindergarten teacher was inpatient and uncaring. He was in detention almost every other week for 1.5 hrs. I met almost every other week with teacher attempting to figure out how to help my son succeed in her class. My son continuously complained that his teacher screamed at him, he stated she didn't like him; he did not receive positive reinforcement from this teacher. My son s self-esteem was affected. Needless to say, my son is begging me not to go to this school again. As a family, we had a very frustrating experience, all while we were cooperating and willing to do whatever necessary to help the staff and my son succeed I hope that for first grade, he gets assigned a caring teacher At 6 years of age kids are forming their personalities, they look up to their teachers, and they spend sometimes more hours at school than at home, they need all the positive support they can get.

Posted April 06, 2014
My son has been at EBT for two years (Kindergarten and now 1st grade) and we love it! The education is great, the expectations for the students are high which I appreciate, and they hold a lot of fun educational activities (field day, walk safe, career day, holiday family dances after school, PTA hosts family dinners at places like Applebee's to raise funds for various reasons, etc.). EBT doesn't just focus on testing. They also offer extra curricular activities after school and my son truly enjoys them. EBT is a wonderful school!

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 4

Posted March 27, 2014
EBT is a great school, the teachers are friendly and concern about students. They are very organized and prepare the students very well. So far I have not complain .

Posted January 15, 2014
I am in EBT since 7th grade and this is my second year there and all I can say is that it is the best school. The teachers are very kind and they do care about the kid's education. It is extremely clean and the rules are very strict. The teachers help the kids in everything they can. I strongly recommend that school

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 2

Posted December 20, 2013
This review only covers the 3-5 year special education program that is provided at ETB. The rooms and school are physically nice and well kept, which merits two stars. The teachers and class structure, however, are inadequate for our son who is mildly autistic. The classes are too big and he is not receiving the attention he needs. I have come to this conclusion after the teachers asked me to send him in a diaper everyday because they do not have time to potty train him. Ironically, he is potty trained and hasn't had an accident in over a month at home, at his other school (we also have him at a private school), or when out with us. When he has to go, he comes to us and tells us, or goes directly to the potty on his own. The reason for the accidents at ETB is because he is not receiving much attention due to class size. The communication between the teachers and the parents is lacking, and most reports are stuffed into the bottom of my son's book bag. A perfect example is when we found his IEP report card a week later. If you have a child between the ages of 3-5 who needs to be in a special education class, look elsewhere.

Posted October 25, 2013
EBT K-8 Center is an awesome school. The principal and the teachers are very straight. The school is very clean and it has a lot of fun things to do. The library has tons of interesting books. The classrooms are very organized and clean. The food is delicious and the staff is nice and helpful. Above all, the most important part is the community. They are the ones that put all their efforts to make EBT a successful school. I strongly recommend EBT to all students.

Posted September 16, 2013
Excellent administration, teachers, facilities, and environment. Ms. Ugarte, our counselor, have been very supportive. This school is academically challenging by following University of Cambridge Curriculum. I highly recommend EBT K-8 Center. My children-2nd and 5th grade gifted, love their school!

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Mi hija comenzo su ano escolar este lunes y hasta ahora todo me ha parecido fantastico, mucha organizacion, seguridad, las maestras comunicativas, mi hija esta encantada!!!

Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center
5950 Northwest 114th Avenue, Doral, FL  33178
Last modified Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top