1,627 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

As a parent, I feel my children are getting a quality education in a school filled with loving staff.

La escuela a disminuido en muchos aspecto desde que cambiaron a la directora, hoy día. O hay seguridad coMO antes, no hacen cumplir las reglas comenzando con nosotros los padres, no están limpio los baños, los rooms shelters huelen mal, los maestros tienen muchos alumnos a cargo; cuando.mi hija comenzó en esta escuela en el 2009 cada maestro tenia un máximo de 15 alumnos hoy día en el salón de mi hija tienen 28 siendo.los salones tan pequeños además de que no se le.presta la atención adecuada a los niños. Yo estoy muy molesta con las cosas que están pasando hoy día en el EBT.

My son has been the for 6 years, and I have had a good experience so far. Most of the teachers that we have interacted with have been good. My son is in the gifted program which is one of the best programs that school offers. The atmosphere is conducive to learning, and I will miss EBT as my son moves on to the technology program at Doral Academy.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They are not helpful at all. And when you offer any suggestions, they look at you like "How dare you" "You are cutting into our gossiping time"

Amount of homework: Disagree

I've realized that the teachers expect the Parents to do the work for them. The amount of homework given to these poor children is ridiculous! A child does not have enough time to be a child anymore.

Develops character: Neutral

Definitely not fairness. Especially when the teachers blatenly shout out "This is my favorite Student" when handing out awards. Making other students feel bad. Favoritism is obvious at this school.

Beware!!!! If you care about your children DO NOT send them to EBT. 3 Words: Incompetant, Inconsiderate and Pretentious. I should have pulled mine out after my first Parent Teacher conference, when I was told by the 1st grade teachers that My child should speak SPANISH especially living in Florida...Maybe she should have been more specific and said "Doral" (This is coming from a teacher who barely speaks English..I had a hard time understanding her thick accent, can you imagine how much harder it is for children?). Either way, last time I checked, I believe Florida is still part of the United States of AMERICA! English is a bit more important lady! Sure having a second language is great, but don't hold it against my child. (Which is exactly what they did). Another thing they do is lock all the bathrooms, and tell children to "Hold it" my child came home this week running to the bathroom and told me "Mommy I thought I was going to pass out, my tummy hurts and I feel nauseous." (That did it for me! I will be getting a hold of the Dean and board of directors...I'm not done with this school yet!) Another horrific part of this school is some of the Security Staff who only speak Spanish. They talk/yell at not only children but parents like they are all delinquents. They are not helpful at all..Very unorganized and uneducated. It seems like Gossiping is on their priority list. I'm sure not all teachers are bad at this school. But the 1st grade teachers we had were not the best. Lacked education, compassion and overall I think they just don't understand the concept of what a teacher should be. We will NOT be returning to EBT.

The school is very clean , organize and safe for students. They have lots of extracurricular activities wich is good. However, the school is very much academic achievement oriented, and that puts a lot of pressure on the kids, I have come to the realization that if your kid is below average in academics , he or she will usually be left behind, and some teachers, not all, could be really mean about this. The administration is very shut down when it comes to helping with parent-teachers-kids problems, usually they side with the teachers , and parents feel they are not heard. I have to say they also have very good teachers. Good luck getting one, if you do your kid will have a wonderful experience, in the other hand if you don't be prepare to have a hard time! Recently, the most significant problem I' have encountered has been with spanish teachers in specifc Mr Garcia, he yells a lot to the kids, and is rude and mean to them, so much so that the kids are afraid of him,and this in elementary!

Muy regular es normal para ellos que una ni a de 8 a os se baje en una parada del bus incorrecta, y la excusa es que es gratis el servicio del bus y no tenemos derecho de dar quejas

This is my son's second year at EBT. He started first grade today. I must say that his Kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Valdes and Mrs. Leon, were wonderful. He learned so much in their class. I really have nothing bad to say about EBT. I hope this year is as great as last year.

Last modified Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.