Public charter
Doral, FL
Students enrolled: 1,390

Doral Academy Charter High School 3

Posted March 25, 2014
I'm a current student at Doral Academy and I must say that overall my experience here has been...meh. Over the years the school has been improving but recently I feel like it's lost what it means to be a school. The library was made smaller last year, and in order to stay, you either do 30 volunteer hours or pay $100. Not to mention how the school will often prevent student from going to class's all day for a simple uniform violation as having black and white shoes or shoes with a single white stripe at the sole. Not ideal. Honestly the only thing keeping me here are the multitude of friends I've managed to acquire. The curriculum is also meh. The teachers, at least mine, are alright. Great even. But sadly they don't get to shine as bright because the school is only focused on getting a higher test score on the EOC. If that weren't the main focus, then perhaps learning would be more fun. Ah well. Also, it's incredible how difficult it is for a smaller club at the school to get any recognition or respect. Similar to the real world I guess. If you do go here, you better hope you have some sort of connection or you won't get very far. It's alright but far from great.
3 people found this helpful

Doral Academy Charter High School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
My son doesn't attend the school waiting on raffle to get in but i have freinds that go to the school and i've been their the teachers are great,principal is very respectful and teaching wise it is a very good school my son is looking foward in attending the school

Doral Academy Charter High School 3

Posted March 19, 2014
This is my third year at this school. i can't say its amazing, but is better than average in education. but the teachers.. most don't care, some don't even give you the right material to study, the halls are too small, and the lunch is terrible in my opinion. So i guess you can say it s best for middle school students but high school these days is too important to spend here. I've heard they are trying to become one of the best, but for now its not there yet.

Doral Academy Charter High School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
I am an ex-student of Doral Academy, I now attend Belen Jesuit, and my god this school is terrible. The curriculum is horrific, most of the teachers don't even speak English. The teachers don't teach they just expect the students to learn, on top of this there is so much favoritism. Overall it is a terrible school and I think of you want a mediocre child, then put him/her in this school, but if you don't then at least put them in Ronald Reagan's Cambridge program.

Posted August 04, 2012
There are a great variety of programs to choose from at this school including the multiple performing arts opportunities (which will then be subdivided into doral academy performing arts and entertainment academy), the scholars program (which is dual enrollment payed for by the school should one qualify), multiple AP class choices (Such as AP Spanish Language and Literature, AP Biology, AP World History, etc.), expanding campus, huge outdoor sport space, and great benefits for students who truly try. Those who graduate saying that they have learned nothing, is because they got through school with no effort and no interest. Doral Academy is a great middle, high, and performing arts school, with a newly constructed and expanding Performing Arts/ College building.

Doral Academy Charter High School 2

Posted September 24, 2011
I have attended this school for a year. To be honest they are very disorganized and the staff regularly disrupts classes.We lose games all the time. The school is really crowded and we shared classes with middle schoolers who are very immature. The good thing is that SOME teachers really do care about our education but that's about it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 02, 2011
I have three children, the oldest is graduating this year in 2012. All of them have been in Doral Academy since their 6th grade. The old principal was nice but the new principal is phenomenal. They are a strict school with their uniform policy and their late policy but it definitely appeased the traffic in the morning. I couldn't be happier! My son will now be graduating at the top of his class and he has almost completed his first two years of college with their Scholars program. They love the school and the teachers are marvelous. I've never had a problem with any of them. Administration is also very helpful and communicative. GREAT JOB DORAL!!

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted September 13, 2009
I am a buisness owner in the Doral area and my kids attend the school. It has come a long way from when we first started and the teachers have come a long way. One thing that I have noticed is if you don't do the work, you cannot be prepared for anything. This happens at all schools. If you don't do the work you cannot be prepared for anything. Doral does a great job at educating its students and the communication and information has gone through the roof. Congrats Doral and keep the vision going. There are always going to be dissatisfied people. Maybe they should of pushed themselves during thier time there and they would of been prepared like my children are. GO FIREBIRDS......

Doral Academy Charter High School 0

Posted August 05, 2009
As a recent graduate of Doral, I have come o the sad realization that I dod not learn much at the school. While I was there, I was happy and thought I was learning. Now that I have just started my first semester at college, I realize that Doral did not prepare me at all for the future. I never learned how to take notes, how to write a research paper, or how to understand, rather then memorize, the material. I am very dissappointed.
3 people found this helpful

Doral Academy Charter High School
11100 Northwest 27th Street, Doral, FL  33172
Last modified Doral Academy Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doral Academy Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top