Doral, FL
Students enrolled: 2,097

Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
If you're not Venezuelan you should NOT attend this school! I am a Cuban American, have attended excellent public schools in Texas. Parents were transferred to Miami for work. They chose Doral trying stay near their offices, however the schools here are awful! This high school in particular..No one speaks English in the office or if they do they don't attempt to! Teachers are worthless, they pass everyone even though most days very little work is done! And how do you have an orchestra class with NO instruments?!?! It's like everyone is there only to socialize, and might as well have moved to Caracas!! Not that I have any problem with any particular culture, but these people are so unwelcoming to anyone who is not Venezuelan, its almost surreal. Thankfully my parent have transferred me a better high school, one with more acceptance to diversity, real academics, I feel I lost a semester and some brain cells just being there! If you're not Venezuelan AVOID this school like the plague!... They probably don't even know what a "plague" is! hehe

Posted September 29, 2014
This school is like going to school in Venezuela. It seems that much of the staff cannot even speak English. How on earth can you hire people to work in a school that cannot even speak a word of English? Some great teachers, but students are entitled, spoiled and have no interest in American culture; many have never been outside of the county. I am a military student and my Dad was stationed in Miami. This city is disgusting and very unwelcoming to anyone who isn't Hispanic. I find this school and city very depressing. There is no culture and no substance here. I pray that I can graduate from some other school outside of Miami. Yuck.

Posted August 21, 2013
Brand new to this school third day so far and I'm a senior so I'm thinking hey ill have a lot of fun. Nope I was wrong... The Hispanics here are stuck up, they even talk in their own language about you as they think you don't know Spanish for those who know it or not. Now with the teachers it's okay like any usual school but because of their Cambridge program they treat those who aren't in the program like trash, overall if you really want to go to this school I highly recommend you to join the Cambridge program for you can properly get treated and make friends

Posted June 05, 2013
This school should be given 10 rating.I sent my elder son to this school.The teachers,Vice Principal,Staff everyone encouraged my son to improve his abilities in learning new subjects.Music teachers are wonderful.Maths,science,Critical thinking and other subject teachers are really great assets to the school.Students are very friendly and very polite.This school has lot of great talent abd gifted with great teachers.Since we were relocating to Chicago,I took him out to join in Hinsdale school.But It is this school teachers who helped a lot in every step my son took..We are very grateful to this school admin and the teachers.I am planning to take my son back to this school.

Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School 3

Posted July 19, 2012
Here is the sad truth concerning this school: if you are in advanced programs, such as Cambridge, you have access to an amazing education, with excellent teachers and a dedicated counselor who deals with only Cambridge students. Which is great! Exactly what every student deserves. If you are the type of good student in honors classes, you will mostly have access to good teachers as well. Some of the outstanding Cambridge teachers also teach a couple honors classes, so if you get one of those teachers, you're all set. HOWEVER. To the students perceived to be at the bottom of the learning totem pole, the absolute worst teachers are offered. I've noticed this. I had a wretched honors math teacher who literally covered only HALF of the required learning material for a year, and many students complained about this teacher, etc. The next year, who is she teaching for? She's teaching "regular" students. Students who are not so adept to learning, who need the extra help the most, in this school, are given the worst chances to succeed. This is true for all subjects and grades. And that is the sad truth. -class of 2014 student

Posted May 26, 2012
Ronald Reagan is a great place to teach because it has wonderfcolter hers and great students. In its six years of existence it has accomplished a great many things and continues to strive for better. The administration does wonderful work given the limitations of our current government.

Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School 1

Posted March 09, 2012
This school is proof that you cannot base how well a school is by its ratings. My dad got stationed here in Miami and he decided this would be a good school because it has such a good rating.. its not. I'm a military brat whose been to 9 different schools and this is the worst. Pretty much all the administration are real jerks, all they care about is academics and there schools college prep type image. The athletics are absolute garbage, they don't even have a football field or track. The school security is full of incompetent low lifes, and the lunch ladies can't even speak English. This school would probably be great for someone from south America because his is truly their environment. I guess you get a school this terrible in that real high school experience when its run by rude staff. Thank god I only had to go here for two years, but sadly I'll graduate from here. I REPEAT DO NOT DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS SCHOOL IF YOU ARE NEW TO MIAMI AND LATINO CULTURE. try a school like killian. its a real shame this school has such a good rating. So deceiving.

Posted March 04, 2012
Disturbing to read some of the below. Hope all is 'righted' but I know my 'junior' grandson is struggling. It is great to read of college acceptance and hope the school will push kids, REALLY push them, to strive for college. Without education they drift into mediocrity. A Concerned Grandmother...

Posted March 03, 2012
My son attended Ronald Reagan and was accepted on a top IVY LEAGUE school. Ronald Reagan only made him better. Thank you to all teachers.

Posted August 04, 2011
If President Reagan were alive, he will be very proud that this school, follow his legacy, teaching to the young people and the community the importance of the hard work ... , Excellent teachers, Excellent administration, and an excellent educational enviorement for the future of this country. The food of cafeteria is not bad, and the ELL programs for people who doesn't talk english is very good, I'm very proud of being part of this wonderfull school... I'm a student

Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School
8600 Northwest 107th Avenue, Doral, FL  33178
(305) 805-1900
Last modified Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ronald W. Reagan/Doral Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top