Posted March 20, 2014
I have a 5th grader and a 1st grader. I love Nelson Elementary! The teachers and staff are very friendly.. As far as anyone else having a bad experience here, I can honestly say that it has to be more their problem...and definitely NOT the schools. I feel that my children are safe while they are here and getting a great education. Thanks!

Posted January 31, 2014
I have three kids that attend Nelson. One is gifted, one has autism and ODD and my other is perfectly average. Prior to attending Nelson we were a homeschooling family. I'm nothing short of astounded with the amount of support we've received with all three children and the true care that shows through from the principal to each of their teachers and the amazing support staff. I had major apprehensions about sending my kids to any public schooling and am so glad we did! The quality of education is wonderful and every one of the kids' teachers is a true teacher at heart.

Posted December 11, 2013
I love Nelson! I don't know what else to say. They are wonderful people. From the front office to the teachers to the lunch staff. I have never met a better teacher than my daughters teacher Mrs. Diers. I only wish she could move to the second grade so we can have her again :-) I have never...ever had a problem with bullies. I know a lot of the parents and have never heard of them having any problems either. Cindy the principal....she is just wonderful. She walks through the halls and says hi to all the students by name! She really takes the time to get to know her school. I absolutely wouldn't change a thing.

Posted July 31, 2013
Absolutely love Nelson Elementary! My child was there for 6 years.The teachers are always compassionate and hands on with the students. Theres plenty of opportunities to be involved with classroom and school events. We will miss them as my child transitions to middle school

Nelson Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
My son is FINALLY done with this school, and so am I! Praise God! Kindergarten - his teacher was basically incompetent and they combined her class with a neighbor teacher who was impossibly harsh. 2nd grade we had the dumbest woman I have EVER seen in my life. 3rd grade we had 2 teachers and one was the meanest, nastiest, most abusive woman I have EVER seen. 5th grade was pathetic - FCAT FCAT FCAT - let's not teach English class, punctuation, spelling, proper sentence structure... I know lets teach reading and writing (no penmanship), have them read and write about it. Yeah, that'll work! Right? It doesn't! The principal is about useless. All I can say is thank the good Lord his elementary school career is over. Now onto the unlimited joys of Middle School.

Posted January 30, 2012
Excellent education. Caring teachers and staff make my child (and I) feel welcomed. Lots of opportunities to become involved if you want and administration and teachers offer help when needed and after school clubs, too.

Posted June 19, 2011
This is the 3rd school I have worked at in the last 3 years. I really enjoy working here. The teachers I work with on a daily basis really care about their students. We work hard to not only communicate concerns but areas where children are excelling. We go to trainings and workshops to make us better at what we do. I've been here 6 years and plan on staying here for many more years... great administration who works with both parents and teachers to help each and every child.

Posted June 14, 2011
We are a military family with a special needs child so I did A LOT of research regarding a school for him and his little sister. I spoke to other parents in EFMP stationed here and NELSON elementary was highly recommended. I can say this is the best school we have ever come to. Out of six schools my amazing son has been in and out of, 4 different state IEPs (he came to Nelson for 2nd grade), this school has worked with us the most. His younger sister has flourished here also. The teachers are amazing, support staff is wonderful and the administration will listen to your concerns. No school is perfect, everyone has bad days, but if you are looking for a second home for your children, Nelson Elementary is a safe, caring environment. Semper Fi

Posted June 12, 2011
I have a son at Nelson and my oldest son was there years ago. I too moved in to the area mid school year and I have NO complaints! He entered 5th grade in February 2005 and that was the beginning of a very happy experience in Hillsborough County. The office staff was great and told me everything I needed to have for him to come to school. I guess you can't make everyone happy. My youngest has a couple years left at Nelson and I still have NO complaints. I am in the school often and truly enjoy it there. His teachers have been great! They are very welcoming and I have never felt like I can't ask questions or be involved. Nelson is a great school and I would never consider changing his school!

Posted June 12, 2011
NELSON is a great school!! The office staff, teachers and volunteers are all wonderful! I wish I had more time to spend there! My kids have done great at Nelson and I am very happy with this school!!

Nelson Elementary School
5413 Durant Road, Dover, FL  33527
Last modified Nelson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nelson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top