Dundee, FL

Posted August 14, 2014
This schol called me the day before orientation and said they could not accommodate my son's I.E.P. A week before school starts and they start dumping kids with I.E.P'S. And from what I understand I am not alone in this. They called other families and did the same thing. Had to run around to another school that has an F rating to see if I could get my son into that one. Sure they took him funny how that works the state public school is capable of taking I.E.P kids but choice schools can't. They must have gotten the federal money. If this has happened to you call the polk county school district and complain. I've called two in row and will keep calling.

Posted March 18, 2014
We are extremely disappointed in this school. Bullying occurs daily, as do fights. Students are constantly texting or on the phone DURING class. When my daughter brings it to the teachers attention because she is constantly distracted by this in class, the teacher calls her a tattletale! Teachers award "bonus" points to students for non academic work simply to pass them. When we asked for this policy to stop with our two children attending, our son went from a 90% average to a 50%. Now it is too late to get him properly prepared for the next grade and we, as parents, are choosing to hold him back. When in a parent/teacher conference, the teachers would get angry and threaten to walk out of the meeting because they don't want to be "told what to do in their own classroom". This school does a HUGE disservice to students and is an utter JOKE. Next year, the are supposed to be a "magnet" school. I'm not sure what the logic is behind this, because the school, administration and teachers cannot control their students long enough to actually educate them. Needless to say, we are pulling both of children out and finding an alternative school for next year. We are absolutely disgusted!

Dundee Ridge Middle School 2

Posted November 25, 2013
When I remember this school, I can only remember a truck full of bad memories and a hand full of good ones. I'm now in high school, but this was my middle school. I got bullied at this school often, and saw my friends get bullied as well. The mentality is that if you ask a teacher for help, what good will they do? They'd just maybe move them and say there's nothing they can do. The teachers and students don't want to address this problematic issue, and don't look like they can even step in. Trying to turn a blind eye to people that become outcasts. I was bullied heavily in 6th grade here, I had to go to the dean to cool it down. I promise, the school simply raises kids that show no respect and have poor ethical values. Shame that kids like me had to be affected. Now, granted, there were good teachers at the school that showed concern and helped me out: I will be grateful for those teachers, and my former librarian. The set up of how things work for the kids at the school make it so easy for people to be outcasted and picked on- I wish they could make improvements. I did learn at the school: the teaching quality isn't really the problem.

Posted June 24, 2013
My school is horrible! The discipline there is very bad. There is fights almost every day. But, the teachers do absolutely nothing to stop them. Some of the teachers there allow cursing and bullying. There are teachers that even insult the students. Coach Louis deserves to be fired. She talks to kids inappropriately. I've witnessed it myself. Mrs.Perry also deserves to be fired. I was crying in her class one day because of a family issue and she yells at me. What kind of teacher yells at a student for crying? She does. Do not send your kid here! If you do, i guarantee they won't be getting a diploma. WORST SCHOOL EVER!!

Posted February 11, 2013
I had two children that attended DRMS. They were so terrible to my special needs son that it was border lining on abuse! My daughter was singled out by the principal and staff because of the issues they had with my son. If I could give it 0stars I would. They even made the withdraw process a hassle. I am a stay at home mother of five & very involved with my children's education. I dreaded having to deal with DRMS.

Posted July 02, 2012
I went to dundee ridge middle and it was bad. I hated it. It is not a smart school u wouldn't want to go to that school

Dundee Ridge Middle School 5

Posted April 18, 2012
This is a great school. There are few students that misbehave, but in my opinion its because the parents did not teach them how to behave at home.

Dundee Ridge Middle School 4

Posted April 13, 2011
Both of my children attended DRMS, one is still there in 7th grade. Over the past four years, I have had no problems. In my personal opinion, the teachers there have helped shape my children in to the confident people that they are today. My children are extremely involved with FFA and the opportunities that they have had have only made their future brighter! THANKS MR. C!

Posted September 29, 2010
Im a student at drms and i think this school is overcrowed and horrible. the teacher can be flat out rude. i was called a name that hurt my feelings by the iss teacher in lunch. this school would be better if there wasnt as many students and if we had more than 3 minutes to get to our classes exspecially when all of our classes are spread apart. im not trying to be rude but this school needs to support and know about the more improved students instead of acting like all the students that go there are bad. overall i would give this school a 1 out of 10

Posted May 04, 2010
I'm a student here, i'm in the 8th grade, and I've attended this school for three years, what a disaster. I used to go to a school in Naples, Florida, when I moved here in 5th grade, I realized that the school is a wreck. When I was in 6th, there was literally a fight everyday. 7th grade was the same. This year, kinda stopped. The main problem is they give us ABSOLUTELY no time to talk to friends. We have 3 minutes in between classes. It takes me 3 minutes to get to class because my classes are spread through out the whole school. When I first came here they were teaching me things I learned in the 3rd grade, and this year, towards the end, there teaching me things I learned in the end of my 4th grade year. This is just an all around HORRIBLE school.

Dundee Ridge Middle School
5555 Lake Trask Road, Dundee, FL  33838
Last modified Dundee Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dundee Ridge Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top