1,064 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)

Posted September 24, 2015
I'm very surprised this school even has a five-star rating - you've got to be kidding me! I'm a substitute teacher for PCS after spending 30 years in corporate america and have never been so disrespected in my entire life. Out of 22 students in each of six classes maybe four wanted to learn and take something away from the class. And the sad thing is those who wanted to learn were to intimidated to say a word for fear of retribution. This school was no better than an alternative school or what I would call a school of last resort - very very sad. The vast majority of the students were totally out of control and completely refused to follow even the most basic classroom rules. A good example of this was asking the students to find and sit in their seats to take attendance you'd get total defiance and refusal - not by just one but by many. And as a last resort in asking those who refuse to follow the simpliest of directions to leave the classroom, you get bombarded with every curse word you can imagine, threatened, all the while knocking over or throwing desks and chairs across the room on their way out of the classroom. It is absolutely unbelievable that this behavior is not only tolerated but appears to be accepted as the same individuals who were asked to leave the classroom for this behavior were sent right back ten minutes later with no change at all in their behavior - as if the principal and/or support staff completely refused to deal with the situation - essentially slapping their hand and sending them on their way. I guess out of sight out of mind as far as they were concerned Do yourself a favor - investigate other schools in the area which provide a quality education within a much safer environment. YOUR CHILDREN ARE WORTH IT!!

Dunedin Highland Middle School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
I'm certain the teachers try their best however you have to have students who are receptive to developing these characteristics.

Dunedin Highland Middle School 5

Posted July 27, 2014
I don't think it is that bad I had an older brother go there and DHMS is better than a lot of schools and you people should be happy to be able to go to school and its probably not the school you want to go to but be happy and great ful to get an education because a lot of school's have poor poor poor education but just be happy or greatfull and stop complaining if you are.

Posted June 05, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever dealt with. All three of my children attended this school. My youngest started in the Fall as a 6th grader and in week two she was punched in the face for the sport of it. Girls especially fight each other, just to fight. The school does little to help. I have been to the middle school 7 times this year and found the administration to be lazy. The teachers aren't any better. My oldest daughter was in 8th grade this past year and was struggling in one of her Reading classes so I contacted the teacher and asked what I could do at home to help. The teacher's response was so rude and uncaring that I was actually taken aback. At the end of the year I signed my youngest daughter up for Pinellas Virtual School and said goodbye to DMHS once and for all. Horrible school!!!!!!!!!

Dunedin Highland Middle School 5

Posted November 14, 2013
My son started 6th grade in the gifted program this year and the quality of the teachers and the level of communication is great. The Principal is very enthusiastic and tries to get all of the kids involved in school activities. The school spirit and kilt rewards program are great. The school is very clean and the meetings very efficient and professional.

Posted October 29, 2012
I have gone to this school for 3 years i have to say the first year was bad but then the new principal came and changed everything but we sacrificed our freedom to wear whatever we wanted I'll give the school 4 because I think the dress code is to strict

Posted July 09, 2012
All these comments about how bad this school is makes me mad. this school is one of the best i have attended. Teacher are great at teaching, yeah they push you but is because they care. I t is an amazing experience to attend this school even if i attended it for a year. trust me i moved around alot. been to more than 10 schools and states, and Dunedin middle and high are both amazing schools to attend :D

Posted March 22, 2012
Recommend strongly not going to this school if you want a real education. If you do get stuck in this school keep to yourself and youll avoid the fights.

Posted March 02, 2012
I go to this school now, we have a new principal and things are really good. Ya there are fights, its middle school drama. There have been alot of procedures put in place to protect students. There is also the Gifted Program, There has never been a fight in our building. I dont know what teachers you had but mine care. I would tell anyone to go to this school, i love it.

Posted February 25, 2011
I went to this school last year and it was the worst experience of my life! I am an A student who loves learning but the teachers here intentionally try to fail you, the kids are violent and there are fights everyday. Teachers, administrators, and principals stand by while students are beaten or violated. If you are a good kid, you get in trouble a lot in front of others so you can be made an example of. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR KID THROUGH THIS. These people are imbeciles!

Dunedin Highland Middle School
70 Patricia Avenue, Dunedin, FL  34698
Last modified Dunedin Highland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.