Dunedin, FL
Students enrolled: 1,103

Posted July 27, 2014
I don't think it is that bad I had an older brother go there and DHMS is better than a lot of schools and you people should be happy to be able to go to school and its probably not the school you want to go to but be happy and great ful to get an education because a lot of school's have poor poor poor education but just be happy or greatfull and stop complaining if you are.

Posted June 05, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever dealt with. All three of my children attended this school. My youngest started in the Fall as a 6th grader and in week two she was punched in the face for the sport of it. Girls especially fight each other, just to fight. The school does little to help. I have been to the middle school 7 times this year and found the administration to be lazy. The teachers aren't any better. My oldest daughter was in 8th grade this past year and was struggling in one of her Reading classes so I contacted the teacher and asked what I could do at home to help. The teacher's response was so rude and uncaring that I was actually taken aback. At the end of the year I signed my youngest daughter up for Pinellas Virtual School and said goodbye to DMHS once and for all. Horrible school!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 14, 2013
My son started 6th grade in the gifted program this year and the quality of the teachers and the level of communication is great. The Principal is very enthusiastic and tries to get all of the kids involved in school activities. The school spirit and kilt rewards program are great. The school is very clean and the meetings very efficient and professional.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2012
I have gone to this school for 3 years i have to say the first year was bad but then the new principal came and changed everything but we sacrificed our freedom to wear whatever we wanted I'll give the school 4 because I think the dress code is to strict

Posted July 09, 2012
All these comments about how bad this school is makes me mad. this school is one of the best i have attended. Teacher are great at teaching, yeah they push you but is because they care. I t is an amazing experience to attend this school even if i attended it for a year. trust me i moved around alot. been to more than 10 schools and states, and Dunedin middle and high are both amazing schools to attend :D

Posted March 22, 2012
Recommend strongly not going to this school if you want a real education. If you do get stuck in this school keep to yourself and youll avoid the fights.

Posted March 02, 2012
I go to this school now, we have a new principal and things are really good. Ya there are fights, its middle school drama. There have been alot of procedures put in place to protect students. There is also the Gifted Program, There has never been a fight in our building. I dont know what teachers you had but mine care. I would tell anyone to go to this school, i love it.

Posted February 25, 2011
I went to this school last year and it was the worst experience of my life! I am an A student who loves learning but the teachers here intentionally try to fail you, the kids are violent and there are fights everyday. Teachers, administrators, and principals stand by while students are beaten or violated. If you are a good kid, you get in trouble a lot in front of others so you can be made an example of. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR KID THROUGH THIS. These people are imbeciles!

Posted January 07, 2011
Ugh....horrible, horrible school. The teachers are rude, disorganized, have a lack of planning...if you're getting beaten up, they just walk around with their hands behind their backs, chin up high, thinking, "Kid, I'm getting payed just to stand here. Do something yourself!" Oh, the fights that happened there...every day. LITERALLY. More that 2 fights a day, almost all of them got somebody badly hurt. There was a LOT of smoking going on, too. The kids are VERY unfriendly, the halls crowded, (I gave up on having a locker...no time to get through the crowd!), there's little time to eat lunch, nevertheless find a seat.People abused me physically and verbally. I abhored getting up in the morning to go here...and all of this happened within 3 months. I'm so glad I'm out of that school.

Posted November 30, 2009
I love Dunedin Highland Middle school it really cool. I have a lot of cool teachers

Dunedin Highland Middle School
70 Patricia Avenue, Dunedin, FL  34698
Last modified Dunedin Highland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunedin Highland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top