536 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Curtis Fundamental Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2016
After two years at Curtis, we chose to leave prior to having another child enter the school. Curtis is the perfect school if your children are perfect. That said, if your child needs any additional support or understanding, go elsewhere! Save yourself and most importantly, your child, the heartache of feeling that they are not a good student. You will not find flexibility or the focus to help your child succeed at this school. The focus is on the rules and regulations.

Posted January 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure the parent that wrote the 11/23/14 review should have gone to Curtis! It's MORALE, not moral. But more than that, I have found it to be completely the opposite. I think the staff and the principal especially put the needs and concerns of the kids and parents before the teachers or themselves. May not be great for MORALE but happy & well behaved kids = happy teachers. This is a great school, it wouldn't have a 500+ name waiting list if it wasn't. People who can't or don't follow rules don't like it, check your self entitlement at the door, the rules are the same for everyone.

Curtis Fundamental Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
The principal told me that the moral of her staff is more important than the education of the children. I thought the principal, and teachers are there for the kids. Let's speak up for our children and let's not keep any child's education behind. Let's show them that we care.

Posted March 22, 2014
My children have attended Curtis since K. I am a teacher myself, at another elementary school, and wouldn't have them anywhere else. Both of my children have become responsible, caring, and excellent students through Curtis. My children have been challenged through the gifted program which in my opinion is top notch. Teachers really do care about the children there and are dedicated professionals. We are proud of the successes that we have achieved both academically and in the community. The facility is always clean, well maintained, and secure. As a working parent, I do not get to volunteer as much as I would like, but I am never treated any less for it. There has not been a single minute in the past 5 years that I have wished for some place other than Curtis for my kids!

Posted October 28, 2013
My child is in his 2nd year of attendance at Curtis. We have been impressed with the professionalism and tenure of the teachers and administration. We feel that Curtis is providing him with an excellent education and that he has both teachers and a support staff that is very caring and attempts to help every child grow. My husband and I are very pleased with the education at Curtis Fundamental.

Posted October 28, 2013
Curtis has the greatest teachers who really care about our kids and want them to do their best. Coming from a parent with a child with learning disabilities, they have supported both my daughter and me as we worked together as a team to help her to succeed. If it wasn't for the support or the teachers and staff, she wouldn't be the student she is today. I know she will succeed because of them.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is our first year here at Curtis and I cannot say enough good things about it. One of my favorite things is the sense of community and family. You always feel like you are welcome and heard.

Posted October 28, 2013
I am so glad we won this lottery! My daughter loves her school and we love her teachers. Wonderful place and staff really care and go above and beyond. This principal has a love for her students that I have not seen elsewhere. wish all schools were like this.

Posted October 28, 2013
I currently have 3 children attending Curtis Fundamental. I couldn't say enough good things about this school. The teachers are great and the principal is very involved. Most of the involved parents are a positive contribution to the school. Some parents may not agree with the guidelines, but they do ensure equitable treatment of the children. My kids love Curtis Fundamental.

Posted October 28, 2013
My child is in kindergarten at Curtis. We love it. Everyone is so nice, the teachers, staff and parents. My daughter is learning so much and has a great teacher. She is so excited to go to school and learn everyday. We are so happy she got into Curtis.

Curtis Fundamental Elementary School
531 Beltrees Street, Dunedin, FL  34698
Last modified Curtis Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.