Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Develops character: Agree

Students are held accountable by staff and one another. This could be stronger in the upper grades.

ADV is the only arts-focused school in the area. This importantant to my family. Classes also consistently have recess. Academics are strong, but could be more rigorous in the upper grades. Glad they are adding middle school because we like the small environment. The teachers are very dedicated and caring--going above and beyond, even in the wake of some turnover. This is a public school, but being a charter, extensive special services are simply not available. Students with a lot of needs might be better served elsewhere. Technology use is developing. However, if you are looking for a small, caring environment coupled with solid academics and an arts-focus, this is a good option!

This is our second year at Academie Da Vinci and my children couldn't be happier and neither could I with the wonderful education they are getting. One of the few statements made by a previous reviewer that troubled me is that "all the good teachers leave." I disagree fiercely with this. A couple of upper grade teachers chose to leave. To me, this speaks of unprofessionalism and a lack of caring. The teachers that continue to stay at Academie Da Vinci work hard to provide creative, interesting ways to present the curriculum to our kids. They take pride in their work and care about their students. I think the ones who really care STAY. I have had the opportunity to chat with teachers other than my children's teachers and have gained more respect as they talk about how they work to make learning meaningful for the kids. As my children have their struggles, their teachers work in partnership with me, hearing my concerns and exchanging ideas on how to best help my child. No place is perfect and Academie Da Vinci may not be for every family but throwing respectable, caring, hard working teachers under the bus is just not ok with me. I am very happy with the school, the teachers especially, as well as the wonderful opportunities afforded the kids in the arts...dance, fine art and music. If you are looking for a more fundamental approach to education or one with lots more technology based learning, this probably isn't the school for your family. If you, like me, appreciate an education that includes the chance to be creative, have artistic and thoughtful, hands on experiences you should check out Academie Da Vinci. It's a good school with an administration doing their best to continually raise the standard of excellence and teachers who care and strive to make learning interesting and meaningful.

Bad principal. No organization. Does not control bullying. No safe place for the older kids to play, right now they play in a field by a pond or on concrete. No gym to play indoors when bad weather hits. No real cafeteria. Some teachers who don't care. No school nurse. No counselor. Definitely not ready to add middle school grades like they r doing. I have paid for things ie field trip or things to order from school and they lost my money and tried to argue me on me getting the item even though I had proof of payment. This was my kids first yr there and it will be their LAST!!!!!!! If u have any other option Take it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bad principal. No organization. Does not control bullying. No safe place for the older kids to play, right now they play in a field by a pond or on concrete. No gym to play indoors when bad weather hits. No real cafeteria. Some teachers who don't care. No school nurse. No counselor. Definitely not ready to add middle school grades like they r doing. I have paid for things in field trip or things to order from school and they lost my money and tried to argue me on me getting the item even though I had proof of payment. This was my kids first yr there and it will be their LAST!!!!!!! If u have any other option Take it.

First of all the principal is horrible, she is unfriendly and down right rude. The school has an extremely high teacher turn over, no good teachers stay. The ones that are there are forced to make up their own curriculum so the kids have no consistency across the grade levels or even into the next years, where they might have to re learn information. The school is gaining a middle school, but they can't get a handle on the grades they already have. I would highly recommend parents look elsewhere if they want their child to succeed in life.

It's a small school, so my child gets personalized attention. The emphasis on the arts is HUGE

The school has a phenomenal way of eliciting excellent character, teaching common core by utilizing brain based learning principles and have an extremely caring staff. Parental communication is superb. The school does a stellar job of balancing experiential learning activities and coupling them with common core national standards. Parents and teachers co-collaborate to ensure an optimal learning environment for all students. National programs like STEAM are in the process of being implemented. The extra curricula's are superb and students leave with a sense of confidence in themselves and their own learning. Both my husband and I work in public education and are so thrilled that ADV is an option. Small class size is a plus too. Highly recommend!!!! Builds life skills in students necessary for future endeavors.

Amount of homework: Agree

We moved our child from a public school to a charter school due to the "over" amount of meaningless homework given. ADV gives homework that aligns with daily classroom instructional units. It is not "busy" work or overwhelming for the parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Superb character education program. The school just received an "anti-bullying" grant to work with intermediate students to teach respect and responsibility.

Last modified Academie Da Vinci Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.