232 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 04, 2016
Students are held accountable by staff and one another. This could be stronger in the upper grades.

Academie Da Vinci Charter School 5

Posted May 04, 2016
ADV is the only arts-focused school in the area. This importantant to my family. Classes also consistently have recess. Academics are strong, but could be more rigorous in the upper grades. Glad they are adding middle school because we like the small environment. The teachers are very dedicated and caring--going above and beyond, even in the wake of some turnover. This is a public school, but being a charter, extensive special services are simply not available. Students with a lot of needs might be better served elsewhere. Technology use is developing. However, if you are looking for a small, caring environment coupled with solid academics and an arts-focus, this is a good option!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 01, 2016
I can't name just one teacher because there are so many amazing teachers at ADV. Thank you adv teachers for giving your all to teach, enrich and support my girls. You are appreciated!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 01, 2016
Ms. Duelle was the best Kindergarten teacher we could have asked for! She made my daughters transistion from an even smaller school to Da Vinci so smooth and easy. She is more confident than ever and doing so well in school!

Academie Da Vinci Charter School 5

Posted April 17, 2016
This is our second year at Academie Da Vinci and my children couldn't be happier and neither could I with the wonderful education they are getting. One of the few statements made by a previous reviewer that troubled me is that "all the good teachers leave." I disagree fiercely with this. A couple of upper grade teachers chose to leave. To me, this speaks of unprofessionalism and a lack of caring. The teachers that continue to stay at Academie Da Vinci work hard to provide creative, interesting ways to present the curriculum to our kids. They take pride in their work and care about their students. I think the ones who really care STAY. I have had the opportunity to chat with teachers other than my children's teachers and have gained more respect as they talk about how they work to make learning meaningful for the kids. As my children have their struggles, their teachers work in partnership with me, hearing my concerns and exchanging ideas on how to best help my child. No place is perfect and Academie Da Vinci may not be for every family but throwing respectable, caring, hard working teachers under the bus is just not ok with me. I am very happy with the school, the teachers especially, as well as the wonderful opportunities afforded the kids in the arts...dance, fine art and music. If you are looking for a more fundamental approach to education or one with lots more technology based learning, this probably isn't the school for your family. If you, like me, appreciate an education that includes the chance to be creative, have artistic and thoughtful, hands on experiences you should check out Academie Da Vinci. It's a good school with an administration doing their best to continually raise the standard of excellence and teachers who care and strive to make learning interesting and meaningful.

Academie Da Vinci Charter School 1

Posted March 11, 2016
Bad principal. No organization. Does not control bullying. No safe place for the older kids to play, right now they play in a field by a pond or on concrete. No gym to play indoors when bad weather hits. No real cafeteria. Some teachers who don't care. No school nurse. No counselor. Definitely not ready to add middle school grades like they r doing. I have paid for things ie field trip or things to order from school and they lost my money and tried to argue me on me getting the item even though I had proof of payment. This was my kids first yr there and it will be their LAST!!!!!!! If u have any other option Take it.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted March 11, 2016
Bad principal. No organization. Does not control bullying. No safe place for the older kids to play, right now they play in a field by a pond or on concrete. No gym to play indoors when bad weather hits. No real cafeteria. Some teachers who don't care. No school nurse. No counselor. Definitely not ready to add middle school grades like they r doing. I have paid for things in field trip or things to order from school and they lost my money and tried to argue me on me getting the item even though I had proof of payment. This was my kids first yr there and it will be their LAST!!!!!!! If u have any other option Take it.

Develops respect: Disagree

Develops empathy: Disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

1060 Keene Road, Dunedin, FL  34698
Last modified Academie Da Vinci Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.