PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

My son attended this school and repeated kindergarten because the teachers where not able to teach him! They even suggested he might have a learning disability and I should get him tested! I didn't know the teachers had PHD's! It was a nightmare my son who is always happy was miserable and so frustrated! Not only was I flushing my money to the school down the drain but I was also paying a private tutor so my son would not fall behind. I pulled him out after his second year of kindergarten and now he is going to a much better school! He just had his 3rd grade assessments and is ready for 4th grade! Don't put your children in this school unless you want them to fail!!

OLL’s facilities are beautiful; the classrooms are accommodating and modern and students are provided iPads. Once you look past the physical attributes, the true school will reveal itself; a marginal school with mediocre academics and an embarrassing competitive sports program. If you tour the school, the staff will promote the school in the same manner as the reviews on this web page. They will talk about how nice of an environment the school offers and the updated campus; however, once you get beyond the fluff, the true school will reveal itself; a small school that offers marginal academics. If you are researching OLL on this web page you obviously care about your children. Ask about class sizes and if advanced courses are offered. Because the class sizes are so small, the school cannot offer advanced classes; remedial students, mid-range students and advanced students are all taught at the same level. Ask about the sports programs, fielding competitive teams plagues this school and sports teams are embarrassingly decimated during competitions. These losses not only humiliate athletes, but pit students against each other as they struggle to place blame on each other’s errors as the reason for a loss.

As a teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes, I can personally say that this is the most incredible faith-filled community I have ever been privileged to be a part of. The faculty & staff truly care about each student and work their hardest to provide each family with the best school experience possible. I feel so blessed to work with a group of people that I respect in a professional environment and also genuinely enjoy being around. The education your child will get at OLL cannot be compared to any other school and I look forward to the day that I have children who can attend school here.

It is very sad to see someone who is disgruntled defame such a wonderful school, full of hardworking and dedicated staff who each day see that each child excels and not only benefits from the academics, but also from the sense of community, love, and spiritual growth. Please see beyond the one disgruntled and ask the 170 families who are happy their opinions of this wonderful school!

This school is definitely overrated, everyone in the car line looks upset or mad to be at the school. Oh and did mention FAVORITISM at its Finest, this school is way to small for the amount of students attending. Teaching skills could definitely be better . Better catholic schools in the area do not waste your hard earned money in this school

Leaving OLL was the best decision we made for the formation of our child. The school is too small and lacks the ability to offer advanced classes. Last year the school graduated 13 eighth grade students; it is impossible for a school to offer advanced classes when they need to focus on the lower end of the bell curve. Parents, if you are considering this school, ask the tough questions of the administration; specifically, class size and the offerings for advanced classes. Now that our child is in high school, it is self-evident that OLL did not adequately prepare our child for high school. Our child’s peers took geometry in eighth grade which meant they started algebra 2 as freshmen; the same goes for science and STEM. Our child was not placed in advanced classes because prerequisites were not offered at OLL. I was part of the HSA; we regularly discussed in our meetings that parents should write favorable reviews on this web page. I regret writing inflated reviews, especially since I have seen how woefully unprepared my child was prepared for high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Teachers are mostly comprised of younger teachers. They need a more experienced staff. The principle is not effective.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework load is sadly not demanding. We asked the teachers why there was little to no home work; their only reply was that they covered the material in class.

Develops character: Disagree

OLL favors select parents and children of those select parents. As a parent volunteering for the school fair, I overheard the chairperson and committee members discussing why parents receiving tuition assistance should be responsible for more volunteer hours. It was disappointing to hear people talk down about fellow parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school's DNA is strongly Christian and it shows in everything about the school. The kids are caring, compassionate, inclusive. The staff, leadership, teachers and kids are all one big family and it shows. It is a great place for a Christian education!

Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes is a Private school that serves grades PK-8