Our Lady Of Lourdes 1

Posted November 24, 2014
This school is absolutely horrible! My child was there since 3rd grade and she complained about how bad it was for about 2 years until I changed her from OLL to a different school. First of all this school is way too small with about half of the seventh grade from last year left, now there is only 15 kids in the 8th grade! The teachers there were nice but they didn't certainly teach what was on their tests. My child at her new school has honor roll with only about three B's. At OLL she had usually two C's, She honestly thought she was not academically smart until she moved schools, it wasn't her fault she got bad grades at OLL it was the teachers faults! The rules at this school are absolutely ridiculous, girls cannot paint their nails or wear even a little bit of makeup, or wear other then white socks! You cannot express yourself at all! The campus is nasty too, it is a pea green color, and even though it was remodeled 3 summers ago it is still unclean and gross. The lunch served is disgusting, my child would make a lunch everyday and if she did not she wouldn't eat the lunch served because it's so gross. DO NOT send your child here! I would 100% recommend a different school.

Posted May 19, 2014
I would like to thank the dedicated faculty and staff of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School for partnering with me and my husband in the teaching of the faith to our children. I choose this school because it is first and foremost a Catholic school and it's Catholic identity is strong at all times. Building a solid foundation in the faith is priceless and is a gift that will last a lifetime. Our Lady of Lourdes is an excellent school on every level and I have complete confidence in the leadership of the school!!

Posted May 16, 2014
I am so excited and honored to be part of OLL. When we first moved to FL, my priority was to find the best Catholic school. Not a consolidated school, but a parish school. We wanted that feeling of community that we didn't find at our last school. It's that feeling of community and high standards that has kept us here at Our Lady of Lourdes. It's knowing that wherever you go, whether at the school with the dedicated faculty and staff, or at church with our caring pastor and priest you will find people that want the best for your kids. It is home to us now and I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. My kids have flourished in so many ways because of all the opportunities they are given here at this school, whether it's participating in the Fine Arts program or on the courts or fields, they are encouraged to be the best versions of themselves and to win with grace and lose graciously. My kids are challenged academically receiving high honors not only at their school, but in the community. My absolute favorite time every week is when I attend the weekly school Masses. The entire school comes together every week and participates in the best celebration of all.

Posted May 16, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School is not perfect! However, it is one of the most enriching, positive, accepting and well-rounded schools I know of. One that prides itself on teaching the "whole child" so that each and every student can have a strong base to build on. Life is not always easy for our kids, and for some, it can be a very rough road with many bumps along the way. I have witnessed OLL's faculty and staff support, encourage and empower these kids to face and truly overcome their challenges. I am blessed, as is my child, to be a part of the OLL family.

Posted May 15, 2014
We love having our boys at OLL! I have worked with the teachers and principal for 2 years. They are very happy and feel accepted. I any concerns arise, they are addressed quickly and fairly.

Posted May 15, 2014
Is the best place to educate the kids, they teach them compassion , values,love and the school is a family, every body knows and enjoy everybody. The teachers are always ready to help and support our kids .

Our Lady Of Lourdes 2

Posted May 03, 2014
We have been at Our Lady of Lourdes long enough to see it's decline. What was once an outstanding school with strong academics is now a mediocre school. The problem comes from inexperience at the administrative level. Teacher turnover has been a big problem the last couple of years, especially in Middle School. My child has mentioned often that they are not doing anything in his classes. He has been pulled out of classes to help with the props and set for an upcoming musical production. We are very disappointed with this school and will not be returning.

Posted April 17, 2014
As an employee at Our Lady of Lourdes I am very proud to let everyone know that through our faculty and staff feedback by way of survey, we have been recognized as Tampa Bay's Top 100 Workplaces. We are number 8 of 50 in our category. We also were recognized with a special award of appreciation. I am truly honored to be employed at Our Lady of Lourdes and be part of this Parish community.

Posted April 14, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes School develops the whole child: spiritually, academically and socially and deserves five stars! All the changes in staff and personnel have enhanced the school's credibility and raised standards. The Principal and Pastor always want the best for the children, of that there is no doubt. A number of teachers have served the school for many, many years and are the best people to ask about the quality of education and the continuing raising of standards if you decide to tour the school. If anyone is asked to leave, you can be assured it is for serious reasons and for the overall well being of the school. Our children are happy, the enrollment for next year continues to increase and the standards continue to rise and our kids certainly know they are loved by God! Thank you!

Our Lady Of Lourdes 1

Posted March 28, 2014
The hideous paint color of the school & church isn't the only thing awful at OLL. Since 2007, there have been FOUR principals & a turnover of at LEAST 14 teachers. At the end of the 2010-11 school year, almost half of the 5th grade class left the school. They didn't return the following school year for a variety of reasons; including poor academics & a priest's bad attitude. In 2012, a 5th grade teacher, middle school teacher, youth minister & the 3rd school principal in 5 years were fired. In 2013, the vice-principal & another middle school teacher were fired. Please make sure if you tour the school, ask about teacher turnover, the reason the middle school teacher was fired in 2013, standardized test scores & why two well behaved children were expelled from the school after their mom voiced some concerns. Please know that your children WILL learn about controversial social topics without parental permission. Also, make sure you do your due diligence about the priests there. ASK QUESTIONS! Your best resource is prior OLL families & teachers. Current families & teachers won t say anything negative because they are concerned w/ retaliation.

Our Lady Of Lourdes