Public charter
Dunedin, FL

Posted April 09, 2014
Hello to everyone, I received notification that a new review was posted and had to read it. I am a parent of a child at Athenian Academy of Pinellas. I obviously do not have the answer to the comment just posted, I do not have financial info on the school. Yes I agree there are many issues however, most of them in the process of been resolved. The school has been looking for some time to relocate but this is a very lengthy process. With that said I understand why no money is spent on the upkeep of the building except for the absolutely necessary. Part of the playground was removed because it was unsafe and was not aware there still are issues with it. I am sure the staff would address the issue if mentioned directly to them. As far as the bus goes they are as well looking to purchase a new one. While the school might not have a great building I must say they have great staff, teachers, families, and very good kids. I highly recommend it :)

Athenian Academy 3

Posted April 09, 2014
I dont know how this charter school can come up with the additional money to pay the former board president a salary, yet it cannot repair or replace the playground equipment. My child comes home with splinters in their hand, or a self report from some kind of small injury. The bus is another issue...it has no air conditioning which is unacceptable in Florida.

Athenian Academy 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My son has almost completed his second year at Athenian Academy. He really loves his teachers and going to school and that's the most important thing. He's gotten the extra help with reading when he needed it. You can really tell the staff love what they do and care deeply for the kids. This was our best option outside of the poorly rated public elementary school we are zoned for. We are so happy that we were able to get into the school. Our youngest is a year out from kindergarten, but he will be going here as well. The only reason I didn't rate the school 5 stars is due to the fact that the playground and physical education areas are very small. The "auditorium" where they host plays and school events is also very cramped at this location. Rumor has it the school will be moving to another location in Dunedin however that will more than likely resolve these issues.

Posted September 13, 2013
Athenian Academy is a small K-8 charter school. They have a strong language program with classes in Greek and Spanish. All the children, staff members, and parents are a great family oriented group where we all know each other. Kids truly enjoy the small and nurturing environment they are in. If you are looking for a school that is truly dedicated to their children we highly recommend Athenian Academy of Pinellas

Posted September 13, 2013
Excellent school! Feels like you're right at home. Wonderful hospitality, great teachers and incredible school spirit. Go Athenian Academy!

Posted September 13, 2013
My son loves the school, the staff is very nice and friendly, they treat the kids as their own and that is what make the difference.

Posted September 13, 2013
Athenian Academy, great school, friendly staff members, sweet and caring teachers, caring and concerned parents, and last but not least GREAT KIDS. We are very pleased with the overall education our son is receiving. Could not ask for a better school.

Athenian Academy 1

Posted June 25, 2013
This school is unorganized and frustrating for a parent. The building is old and unclean. The playground is absolutly dangerous with old and broken equipment. The school is unsafe and unsanitary for children. The school says there is small class sizes but in reality they are just as large and some classes larger than public school. Also, my child after going here still does not know any Greek or Spanish. The principal is never seen and is not qualified to be a principal. I have realized after speaking with teachers who work there that their own children do not even attend. ???

Athenian Academy 2

Posted October 12, 2012
The idea of learning spanish and greek at the same time is great if they are being taught english grammer first. We delt with constant bickering and bullying, our child came home and cried every night. The children were expected to be able to write a fully developed paragraph before they knew sentance structure. The reading teacher autisim to be the same as ADD. Finally, the reading teacher told us our child was malnourished, had to many bosses (we live with my parents), not sleeping, not getting enough sleep, wasn't diciplined enough, and finally, she was neglected. Our child actually forgot concepts learned in previous grades and I had to hire a tutor two days a week to keep her on track.

Posted July 09, 2012
I don't understand the negative review I am a Athenian academy student and I love it the teacher are great and really care and the Greek teacher are great to I have had a full conversation with a greek person and I didn't mess up at all the spanish teacher do the same I don't know why there our all these negative reviews but to tell you the truth this school is great and I would know as a student

Athenian Academy
2817 Saint Marks Drive, Dunedin, FL  34683
Last modified Athenian Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Athenian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top