Dunedin, FL

Posted August 26, 2014
They do not even take kids who were expelled from other schools. .. so the people writing false reviews below obviously have other motives. I know one of them cannot spell which or is a child. Facts are what one should go by the facts are that they do not take kids expelled and they use Sadler Oxford vocabulary and most of the kids graduate quoth college credit already. I know 6 people that have graduated and have 2 children there now. So what if they aren't the prettiest school. Who cares about that? My kids are happy, well behaved and are smart. That is what matters.

Dunedin Academy 4

Posted April 22, 2014
I think Dunedin Academy is a great school I have three children that go here.My son is in 3rd grade but does 4th & 5th grade work! His teacher is awesome!! She is new to the school this year. My two daughters are in 9th grade. They absolutely love it!! They have been going there for four years now & would not want to go anywhere else!! They is no bullying tolerance there!! It is a small school with a big personality!! The principal is like family, you will love it :)

Posted February 02, 2014
I am a student at this school, and I am verry unimpressed with this school and the way it works. They run on the bare minimum in academics, with just math, science, history, and one elective. That's all! Also the school Is dirty and uncempt. When it rains the class rooms leek, the air conditioning in half of the classes doesn't work, and none of the bathrooms work consistently! My opinion of this school is that it is a school for kids that are too sensitive and won't servive in a public school. And for those who have gotten expelled from public schools and this is the only option. If your child fits into either one of those two catagories than this is the school for you, but if not than I recomend that you don't even consider this school!

Posted January 05, 2014
I went to high school here over a decade ago and just found this site because I'm now looking for a preschool for my daughter. While the people who ran the school back then we're very nice, the education was honestly a joke. The high school was basically comprised of kids who would get bullied at a real school, kids who got kicked out of a real school (druggies etc), and a few students who needed a flexible schedule because of other hobbies. We basically chatted with friends in class, did zero homework, and got straight a's. Perhaps they have changed thing since then, but I would never send my child to this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love this school I am a Student and i Have a walking problem and trust me there IS ABSOLUTELY NO BULLYING !!!!!! THIS SCHOOL IS GREAT! YOU DON'T HAVE HW. BUT ONLY IF YOU DON'T SCREW AROUND! This school pushes you to the limit. But they still make you feel comfortable. Teachers and the principle are all great! This school is like a family. They go from pre-K till the last year of high school. Teachers and principals are flexible and are always ready to help.This is a great school !!!!!!

Posted January 03, 2013
I think it is more than a school. It is really a community. My daughter has been there 2 years. I teach in the public sector and know what she should be learning vs. what she IS learning. They push the academics, yet at the same time they realize how important it is for family time and my child feeling good about her self! They do not put up with bullying either! Big Plus! It is expensive but my husband and I cannot put a price tag on our daughters esteem, safety or education.

Posted August 08, 2012
I mostly picked this school because it was private and didn't teach religion classes as I prefer to teach my children my views and have my kids go to school to learn the academics. It is a struggle to afford for us and I wish it was free, but we do like it. The principal is very nice and lets you text or call her cell phone whenver you want. It reminds me of little house on the prairie sort of. I know the academics are what they should be as I was a teacher for 25 years in New York and stay on top of that. I wish it took infants but does not.

Posted June 23, 2012
The school has been under new mgmt the past year and a half! I am very happy there. After Mr. Porter died the school struggled I heard from other parents but now it is being run in my opinion better than any other school. My daughter gets FREE tutoring as much as she needs it. I even had her tested privately and she is above where she should be academically. I look at the books they use and the spelling words and compared to Sunshine standards they are at a minimum a year ahead,.. My children are above average students that I am speaking of. I do know they have a separate program for special needs I heard was great but I cannot speak for that as I do not know! I do not care that they don't have a gym or a NEW perfect campus. That is not what is important to me at a school! I know they care about my children and care MORE than any where else I have been, The principal gives out her cell number and text me a picture of my daughter once when I was worried about her! Where else would I get that! I definitely think it is worth the money I pay for the peace of mind I have!

Posted February 28, 2012
I have two children that currently attend this school. I have a High Schooler and a 5th Grader. I can tell you from my observations and having my children here for a couple of years, this school has been fantastic. I graduated from UF with a Masters in Education, and what I am seeing here is what every school should practice. An atmosphere that includes an involved principal, teachers who care, and a constant striving for improvement around campus is something I commend them for. This school has been fantastic for my children, and I wouldn't have chosen anywhere else to send them.

Posted January 04, 2012
i was a student here for many years and believe me, you don't want your children attending this school. The work they gave us was way to easy, it takes 10 minutes to complete and its usually work that is a couple grades behind public schools (bad education). We were bored most of the day so we brought our cell phones and just listened to music and watch movies in class, right in front of the teachers and never got in trouble for it. The students themselves were nice and just as annoyed with the school. We could leave almost whenever we wanted to if you could walk home you could just walk right out of the campus. If you want your child to have a good education instead of free ride through all of school don't send them here

Dunedin Academy