647 students|Marion

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is the worst, poor excuse for a school. The parents in this district don't stand up for their children and they are verbally abused. When brought to the schools attention, they ignored all and any concerns. HORRIBLE!!!

I posted a review on this school that has magically been removed. Why would that be? Is it because I called out Marion county for neglecting the schools in Dunnellon OR could it be because I stated the building they are sending these kids to school in is older than life itself and should seriously be taken care of? There were no vulgarities, no out of line comments so why was it removed??? This school is way out of date and quite franklin I believe it is a health concern. Lets talk about the notifications that went home to the parents concerning the tanks that were at one time under the schools and are now causing issues in the soil. OR could it be that I pointed out the fact that this school is rated a D and the teachers were clearly telling the kids they have to do good on their FCATS or they will fire the current teachers and hire teachers that will just give them more homework? Guess what that type of coaching didn't work because they got rated a D yet again this year. I am not sitting around making this stuff up it is just truth! I guess I should expect this post to be removed as well? I gave one star because there was not an option to give no stars

I see all these reviews and the rating of this school and I am honestly astonished. DMS has a lot of academic opportunities that you probably could not receive at any other schools, it's up too the student to take advantage of it. This school had a lot of fun aspects to it, but yet it was still very academically concerned. For example, my 7th grader was pulled by Mr. Rocker just to remind her that she needs to bring her HW. Mr. Smallridge is AMAZING too! Much better than that old principal. He is actually involved with the student body! The parents are involved, but not that much, which I dont have a problem with because all 3 of my kids LOVE it there and how independent they felt!

This is a wonderful school! my son has been going here for 2 years and he will be in 8Th grade next year! he had some "peer" issues but solved easily with the help of dean Thomas! the problem stop right away and the children got dealt with properly. the teachers are very helpful interactive caring people. the staff was very nice and helpful One of the science teachers won science teacher of the year award. i would recommend this school to anyone!!

I only gave 1 star because there was no option to give none. I talked to teachers and guidance before sending my children there; they warned me highly against it; due to transportation issues I had no choice but to send my child there.The dean Murphy must have been an angry prison guard somewhere, bullying students and singling them out for harassment. My child had straight A's and was in advanced programs, he has threatened to quit school if i send him back there next year. He will be going to Belleview or Lake Weir High where the staff is actually qualified and that atmosphere of the buildings and rooms are clean and kept up.

Every parents nightmare... My daughter is in 6th grade at Dunnellon Middle.. Im not even sure where to begin .. the first problems start with a female coach at the school that is allowed to humiliate children..example: a heavy set boy was looking for a pencil as the coach was speaking.. so in front of 2 full classes the coach exclaims.. "what are you looking for a cookie?!?" how horrible.. she also acts like she cant read and calls Hispanic boys named Jose Josie.. on several occasions she was rude to my child fortunately I was able to get my daughter out of her class.. next there is a teacher who if your child scores under a 95 on anything he gives it back and gives the child a 55 F until they get the 95.. so even if your child turns in a 91 A he/ she will be required to do it over and over or will be given a 55 F instead of the 91 A they originally turned in.. I understand teaching "mastery" as the teacher calls it but there is no way my child should be given an F just because she didnt get an A+.. my daughter had a C in this class.. after raising cane to get this changed my daughter's grade went from a C to a B in 1 week.. prior to DMS my daughter was an honor roll student.

I dont have any reviews to give about this school but I noticved that alot of these comments are dated. Are there any parents out there that have experience with this school in 2010? I am considering sending my son here for fall of 2010 and would ike to hear some more recent feedback from parents...my child has some learning disabilities and will need some extra support from the teachers and staff....will he get it at DMC?

This school totally disappointed me. My daughter started in this school after having an excellant academic run at Romeo Elementary(A honor roll every year). She started in this school, and in three weeks the staff had her not wanting to attend there anymore. The guidance counsler(Sugar?) was of no use when I tried to get involved, asking for help. After five weeks in this school, and feeling that my daughter would possibly lose her love for school, I pulled her from DMC and enrolled her in a private christian school. Needless to say, my daughter,my wife, and myself are sleeping better at night, knowing that she will continue to get a better education,with an added bonus of having god loving teachers that love and care about her. Be careful parents! Stay involved with your children's education, and make sure you know whats going on with their enviroment. They're your biggest investment.

I'm reading alot of bad things for DMS and not good.I do not feel this is true,I am involved in my sons grades and I talk to his teachers all the time.The best teacher at DMS iS ms.Wiggins.Out of all my children they all loved her.

The facility is older then I am. It is a property that has been denied the funds it needs to bring it into this century. Some of the older teachers are very pleasant and motivate the children. It has an excellent FFA

Last modified Dunnellon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.