No rating

Dunnellon Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 146 students

We are best known for Christian family environment.

Living in Dunnellon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted June 25, 2009

I have 2 daughters, one has graduated and the other is still attending DCA. The school has been such a wonderful influence on them. My now 20 year old is on the deans list at the college she is attending and this is because of the education she recieved at DCA. I let her attend public school for 2 of her high school years and upon returning to DCA her comment to me was,' I learned more at DCA in the past 6 weeks than I did in a whole year in public shcool'. DCA has an outstanding academic program and teachers who teach God's word along side of all academics.

Posted May 30, 2009

My child transferred from her local public school this year. There is not enough room to describe the professionalism, the caring, and my overall feeling of happiness here at DCA. Public school did not nurture her or even follow her IEP as required by law. Here at DCA, they asked what accommodations were necessary, and they were in continued contact. Obviously being Christian, it was important for me for her to grow in God, but academically, there is no happier parent out there.

Posted May 30, 2009

I have attended Dunnellon Christian Academy for 14 years and am a graduate. I am not only saying that I loved my experience at DCA, but also it built many relationships with friends, and most of all the Lord and Savior who has helped me through my life! DCA is one of the best schools in Marion County not only because there is a Christian perspective on the education the students receive, but also because the teachers actually care! The teachers do not get paid the amount that they would at a public school, but they do not care they love what they do and they know that they are building the Kingdom. I have had so many opportunities at DCA that I would not have had if I would have attended any where else. The leadership opportunites that I have had are endless! I highly reccomend this school!

Posted March 13, 2009

DCA does a great job of meeting the needs of individual students. I am grateful for quality degreed teachers who present a Biblical worldview to my child. The extracurricular activities including sports are incredible for a school this size. My child has attended for 12 years and I have been very pleased with the education and love we have received.

Posted March 3, 2009

I have an elementary, middle and highschool student at DCA. My family has been so blessed through the 8 years that we have been there. My children each have different needs and they have all been met above and beyond. It is such a blessing to know that the teachers and staff not only love my children, but also love the Lord. DCA is a place where the children receive excellent education and a firm foundation with Christ.

Posted March 26, 2008

Well, all I can say is that I am thankful that God showed us the door before our child stayed there any longer. After 4 years we learned that there are some wonderful people at the school, but we also learned that the school is run by Mr. Randall (the Principal) who undoubtably is the person who cares least about the children. He is only concerned with sweeping issues that need to be dealt with under the rug. We had concerns about the education not being challenging for the kids (learning the same info. as the year prior), he didn't want to even listen. The athletic field is a disaster, the computer room is just that, except the kids don't know what they are doing. This school offers nothing extra for our children except for child care.

Posted October 18, 2007

My child has been at DCA for several years.At one time I thought this was the best school ever.The computer class is a joke, all they do is play games which can be done at home.What a waste of time.No spanish. Teachers come and go all the time. As far as getting help from your principal forget it.You will not get nothing solved. I am so glad that my child is not there any more.The school needs alot of help. It is really a shame becuse I really did love it at one

Posted October 2, 2007

This school has both good and bad, I believe students at a young age should have computer skills and a language (Spanish) we don't get either. We have a computer room that is not used to its potential! The academics a very good otherwise. The communication between the principal and parents is not what it should be.

Posted August 28, 2007

I think its a wonderful school. We were blessed to be able to have our children attend for two years. I never had any problems. Mr Randall the principle is wonderful

Posted August 3, 2007

The teachers at DCA care about their students progress in all areas. Spiritual leadership at this school is wonderful.

Posted May 16, 2007

The pre-school at DCA is absolutely wonderful. The teachers care about the student's intellectual and spiritual growth.

Posted March 8, 2006

Excellent academics thru 8th grade. High school is not yet large enough to offer a choice of classes to the students.

Posted August 16, 2004

Our children have been receiving an excellent education in Christ, life, and learning at DCS. The principle has a huge caring heart for the children. The teachers work for less than what they could make in the public system just because they love the kids.

Posted June 4, 2004

My child is in middle school.I put my child in Dunnellon Christain School becasue I thought the studens would be a better influence on my child as well as the teachers. Boy did I go wrong there! My child came home saying that most of the students in his grade were using as much foul language as his old public school. I was very dissapointed with that situation. After that I found out that one of my childs teacher did not a have a college degree. Parents, please think carefully about this school before you enroll you child to go there.

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Local public schools
Colleges most students attend after graduation University of Florida
Santa Fe College
College of Central Florida
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Kristy Minton Nelson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Local public schools

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
College of Central Florida
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions

20831 Powell Rd