Edgewater, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 28, 2014
Discovery has a hands on eclectic curriculum that teaches students to think, problem solve, includes, debate, drama, philosophy, Latin derivation of words, PSAT high frequency vocabulary, Hands on Science, AP Biology Prep, Apple computer lab, iPad initiative (virtual textbooks) Character education, manners, values. All subjects are interconnected, with three rotating blocks where teachers teach the subjects they love and the enthusiasm is contagious. Standardized Test Scores consistently at the top in the U.S. and Math scores rank at the top of the world on the AMC 8 and so much more.

Posted July 18, 2014
My girls have attended this school since they were 3 years old. They have excelled in every class testing out well above their grade level. It is an awesome school with a beautiful setting and my girls love it!

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter has been going to this school for 5 years and I am thrilled with the level of education she is receiving!! This school goes above and beyond, meeting each child's individual needs. Their activities and projects are always unique and exciting, keeping the learning fun and challenging. I highly recommend this school!!

Posted April 02, 2014
This is a wonderful small private school in Edgewater Florida. The classes are small and the teachers are incredibly dedicated. The school thrives in focusing hands-on learning. All the students take part in annual Shakespeare plays that build their self-confidence. Fourth-eighth grades take part in student congress and debates. This is a wonderfil program that teaches to think critically and debate on past and current cases. Discovery Academy, also incorporates a competive drama club that has achieved many accolades and honors. This school is truly one of a kind! My children love to go to school everyday and that is priceless!!!

Posted January 23, 2014
My son attended VPK here during the 2012-2013 year. When he began school at Coronado, he was so ahead of any other kid from other neighborhood vpks it was astounding. You had to wonder what they did all day in the other places. We had to switch him into gifted due to his total boredom and how he stood out from kids just learning letter sounds and how to write basic letters. We did change to Chisholm, where he is in fact challenged. But he misses to this day, what he calls 'learning in an exciting way every day.' At Dscovery he came home bursting to tell me about his day, and in public he is learning, but less energized. I think the results will be equal but he enjoyed the journey more at DA. I recommend wholeheartedly the VPK. The school owners and administrators are extremely intelligent and dedicated, and I think they would take any parent concern seriously. You really feel cared about there. And every teacher loves his or her job...the public school teachers may also, but they are so stressed out. It's unfortunate our society can't resolve some of these problems, but DA is a strong alternative to them.

Posted January 18, 2014
My younger daughter started 2 years ago and I moved my older daughter at the end of last year. Best decision ever. My kids love to go to school, I'm very impressed by the quality of the education provided by the school and the teachers. They listen to the parents and have made some accommodations for my kids to thrive. The kids are not numbers, they are treated as individuals. They are trying to teach the kids the love of learning, not just skills for the tests. Big change of pace from the public schools. Absolutely love it!

Posted January 08, 2014
I have both my children enrolled at Discovery and can give a point of view for both the Kindergarten-3rd grade and 4th-8th grade programs. Both of my children started at Discovery when they were in Kindergarten. My oldest is now in the 4th-8th grade program and he is always busy learning new things, including hands-on science experiments, latin words, keeping a historical journal, an award winning drama program, debate, world geography (last year my oldest competed in the national geography contest and received a perfect score!), music, and architecture. There are several project-based activities that students engage in throughout the year. My youngest is in the K-3rd grade program learning through hands-on science experiments, Shakespearean play performance, art classes that teach famous artists and masterpieces, as well as hands-on math, language arts activities, cursive writing, and many exciting social studies projects throughout the year. --Busy mom of 2

Posted November 12, 2013
First of all, no school should be one size fits all. When considering ANY school, think of the best fit for your child and go by in person. Discovery has an open door policy for parents and encourages students to shadow before enrolling. Teachers treat all students as unique and gifted, valuing different learning styles and allowing each child to develop their special gifts in a safe and stimulating learning environment. Teacher's are selected, to teach in their field of study and enthusiasm, and Discovery's top test scores are a reflection. Ask around: local high school teachers love to get Discovery students, and most graduates go into Honors and IB, often with waivers into advanced AP classes, in which they excel. Also note Discovery is the only school in the area that many parents actually take the time to post a review. This is significant, since most people tend to only post when something is wrong. The few negative reviews here seem malicious and fake and most likely posted by the competition.

Posted September 29, 2013
Southeast Volusia Co. is so lucky to have Discovery Academy! Our daughter has attended this school for eight years and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. Her 2nd grade teacher worked really hard to get our daughter to overcome her shyness and she is a different child now. Thanks for your dedication. We also want to thank her 6th grade teachers for taking such a personal interest in our child and for caring so much about teaching. They are all exceptional folks and it is obvious that they teach because of their passion for the field. I would like to also thank the Discovery volunteers for all of the hours of hard work that they give to the school. We working parents appreciate it tremendously! The only improvement that I can suggest would the addition of a Discovery high school.

Posted September 29, 2013
Discovery is a fantastic school. My child has really blossomed there and the teachers are fantastic!

Discovery Days Institute Of Learning
227 North Ridgewood Avenue, Edgewater, FL  32132
Last modified Discovery Days Institute Of Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Discovery Days Institute Of Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top