Elkton, FL

Posted August 02, 2012
I have two children at Southwoods. Once just graduated and the other is going into 3rd great. It has been a wonderfull experience with teachers and staff. My kids love it there. The extra programs provided at this school are not like any other school. My children's education and support system are A+ at Southwoods.

Posted September 09, 2010
The low rating is not deserved. We had our children in very highly rated private school before South Woods and recently moved to another school district with a higher rated school and there is no comparison. Everything from the orderly pickup and drop off to teacher quality to the passion and competency of the principal is much better at South Woods.

South Woods Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
the school has great teachers, the school is very sanitary, always plans activities so parents and grandparents can get invovled

South Woods Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2009

Posted July 22, 2008
I have a two children that attend SWE and couldn't be happier! I am very impressed with the teachers and their ability to think 'outside the box' to provide students with the challenges and curriculum that will meet their individual needs. I love that these teachers don't teach the 'middle' and have been very impressed with the their ability to challenge my kids! The diversity of the school is refreshing and I believe my children will be well rounded 'people' who have the ability to interact positively with everyone they meet! The Principal has outstanding leadership and dedication. He makes a true effort to get to know the kids and their families. The faculty, parents and school staff work together to instill a true sense of community and famiy at South Woods. Elementary!

Posted January 29, 2008
This is the best school in st johns county for struggling students. My son has been here since 3rd grade and is at last having positive experiences at school.

Posted June 12, 2007
- a administrator

Posted May 24, 2007
I have never seen a more dedicated Principal and staff. They truly want ever student to succeed and work hard to make sure that happens. There is great partnership between parents and staff. There is a real feeling of community at South Woods. I would recommend the school to any parent.

Posted October 27, 2006
I am really happy with South Woods it is a wonderful school. It has the very best in technology and I have found that the staff is great with the children. Alot of the staff go out of their way to personally 'know' every child, and their family. The children in the Hastings area seem to be doing very well with the new school and are very happy there. I firmly believe that a childs early years of education form what they will accomplish in their lives. And I believe that a child attending South Woods is getting a great start. My child has attended there since the opening of the school and loves it. He seems to be doing well there on all levels. I would recommend this school to any parent, it has a wonderful mix of activities that make learning 'fun' for kids.

South Woods Elementary School
4750 Highway 206, Elkton, FL  32033
Last modified South Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Woods Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top