524 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school in every way. I wish I could have gone to a school like this when I was a kid.

Love this school! Great staff and amazing teachers. Very community oriented. I have three kids in this school and they love it.

We have two children in this fantastic school, 3rd and 4th grade. The kids love their teachers and their principal who seems to know every student in the whole school! Academic standards are on the highest level. Since my kids left their previous school (in Europe) they have been transformed to knowledge thirsty students in every subject. Teachers encouraging support makes the progress in learning amazing and exceeds our parents outmost expectations. Bulling, one of the most difficult and challenging problems of today s schools are taken care of immediately, school staff have always this potential problem in focus, the principal acts direct and resolute to quench, before the problem has grown to severe magnitude. I would recommend this school to all parents. If all schools in America were like this, America would be unbeatable in all international comparisons. We simply love this school.

The previous comment makes me laugh. Some people need to look at themselves and realize that if they continue to have the same problems maybe it's not everyone else's fault! This is an amazing school that we consider our hidden gem in Englewood. Amazing staff, families, and community support! I could go on forever about how lucky we feel to be a part of it. Teachers take special interest in students and principal is approachable and actively involved in every area. We love EES!

My twins were students at this school for three years starting in the third grade. The first year was good but the second and third year my girls were bullied by students and mistreated by teachers. I brought to the attention of their teachers, nothing was done, I brought to the attention of the principal who told me ( after I told him it was getting to the point where my wife and I were considering pulling the girls out of the school ) he would personally take care of it but nothing was done ! Beware of this school, a wolf in sheep's clothing, unless you want your kids to attend a school where the kids bully and the teachers make you sit in the back of the class if you don't know the answers or they refuse to help you on a computer project for graduation just because you missed days from being sick !!!!! We are now trying to reverse the damage caused by this school with counseling. Shame on you Englewood elementary, shame on you, they are more worried about raising money for what ever when they should be taking care of bullies and teachers that are counting the days until summer break !!!

Englewood Elementary is a caring community. The feeling of family is abundant here. From the weekly reading night event which includes a barbecue to the mileage club where families do laps around the PE field. The teachers are outstanding and the principal is approachable and efficient. You feel at home here.

I just left this amazing school. I'm going to middle school now. But this school will always bring back great memories. It will forever and always remind me of my amazing, smart, and incredible teachers, my awesome, generous, and helpful friends, and my cool, nice, FUN, and caring principal. I LOVE this school and will surely miss it. But at least I believe I left my mark there. I won't forget them, and I hope they won't forget me. :) -Harley

Pros: Energetic, involved principal. Open campus that welcomes and encourages family involvement. Great after-care program. Some good teachers. Nice outdoor facilities. Friendly office staff (except the registrar!). Wonderful "specials" teachers. Cons: Old school in need of a renovation. Some experienced teachers are burned out. Taking away recess as a punishment should be banned as it is in so many other states; kids that are getting into trouble are precisely the ones that NEED that time to get their excess energy out. Make them clean something instead of taking away recess! Children that are gifted get no extra help in the early years and are bored out of their mind. If you have a child you think is gifted, fight for them! They need just as much help as a child with a disability! Florida curriculum in general focuses too much on "no child left behind", and the ones who will be leading our country in the future, are really the ones who are left behind. Meaning bored and learning nothing.

I would never recommend this school to any parent. The children are required to do heavy amounts of work at home even on holiday vacations. I am so thankful I pulled my son out and dis-enrolled him. The class sizes are large, and the grading system is poor. I will give them credit for computer technology in the class room though. Thank God for school choice.

Best teachers, Great open campus that allows parents to brings students all the way into classroom. Teacher / student ratio good. School gets parent involvement and test scores are highest in the area.

Last modified Englewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.