English Estates Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 765 students

Posted May 10, 2014

I have never seen a school where the teachers and staff go so far above and beyond to benefit the kids. This school is improving every year despite their high ratio of non English speaking and underprivileged students. Parental involvement is also incredible. The principal, Mr. Welch, has done a tremendous job of hiring qualified and caring staff. His involvement has resulted in improved test scores and great school spirit. We will be so sorry to see him go but know that the new administration will build on the excellent foundation he has made for them. I am so impressed with this school and my child loves it here.

Posted April 30, 2014

John W. has destroyed an otherwise fine school and now he is moving on. I wish he would take some of the staff with him. These inappropriate hires need to end. The families in the community have to grin and bare it or find alternative education. I did the latter.

Posted September 17, 2013

My son has gone to English Estates Elementary from kindergarten to 5th grade and we have had nothing but positive experiences. The teachers are compassionate and seem to love to teach. Administration has an open door policy and makes time to listen and utilize parental suggestions. Last year we took teams to Odyssey of the Mind and placed first in two events and second in another event.

Posted February 25, 2013

I have three children that have attended English Estates. I believe that they are doing a great job improving the school every year, especially considering the fiscal climate they must work in.

Posted July 9, 2012

Hi, I was impressed with Mr. Welch because he was very straightforward and friendly. The school looked inviting and the office staff was very friendly. I believe he will definitely make English Estates an "A" school again. Mr. Welch is hiring very qualified, teachers who have master's degrees and a wealth of teaching experience which is critical. I wish him the best for 2012/2013.

Posted July 5, 2011

i love this school. We had other choices and this English Estates is the best fit. The family activities offered are awesome. The teachers always communicate with the parents, including the school as a whole. Through folders that go home with the children and the teachers e-mail and phone numbers directed to the classroom. I love it. There is an awesome amount of funding given to this school for children and their families to help us.

Posted August 22, 2008

English Estates is an excellent school! The curriculum is outstanding.

Posted October 3, 2007

I love English Estates! The Principal, Dr. Beth Sharpe is very much involved and attends almost everything! She has implemented the Steven Covey Leadership program for Elementary children (7 Habits for Highly Effective People) and our school is run better and more efficiently than most private schools. Music and Art programs fall a bit short but Seminole county does offer Enrichment programs and this year my Son is learning to play and appreciate the Violin. There is also classical music that is played in the hallways. The Phys Ed department is fun and even teaches nutrition. Several parents in the school are very active and our PTA even brought us a Fair Trade fundraiser this year! The only school in Florida to do this! Our guidance Team seems to never sleep creating many parent nights and Adriana Council heads up the All Pro Dads Breakfast too.

Posted May 24, 2007

My son attended English Estates for 2006-2007 school year the school is great they teach them so much and they really do care for them. I was real sad to see this school year end so fast cant wait for next year the best teacher for kindergarten is Miss Holey the very best. She has so much patience with the children.

Posted June 17, 2006

My daughter attended this school and had a great experience. I am especially impressed with the principal and the emphasis on leadership.

Posted January 11, 2006

Our children, aged 6 and 10, went to a private parochial school so changing to a public school with such a diverse population was a bit scary. I've heard so many bad things about Florida public schools and my husband and I went to tour the school 'just to see'. Boy, were we surprised. Attentive, professional administrators, focused and impressive teachers, and engaged students learning curriculum that was identical to what our kids were learning at the private school with the private school tuition! We are half way through our first year at English Estates and I am bowled over! My first impression has been reinforced with repeated, positive interactions with staff, faculty and administrators. The curriculum is taught more logically and efficiently at English Estates than it was at their previous school. I simply could not be happier. Just take a tour and I'm sure you'll agree!

Posted July 24, 2005

Excellent principal, Dr. Sharpe. Moderate parent involvement. Poor level of extra-curricular opportunties for students. Great teachers.

Posted May 19, 2005

I have two kids attending this school and I am extremly happy with their academic program and teachers that we have. We have been going thru some transition and will be going thru a few more. The Principal is new and has brought a new perspective to the school. We will be starting a new leadership program next year and mandatory uniforms. This school is full of varity and parents that care about the children. PTA is very involved and also embraces our diversity by creating activities that bring not only families together but also community. This school is a force to be reckoned with wonderful things ahead. I believe that my kids are getting an excellent education. This school is full of Leaders which I am very proud to say I know.

Posted May 12, 2005

I am an alumna of English Estates. What I remember most is the level of teacher/parent involvement. Whenever there were art shows, musicals, anything at all where the parents could come to the school they were there. And it was amazing! I have attended other schools, but nothing bar my small college ever attained anything like the feeling of community that English Estates did. My husband and I drove past there the other evening, and guess what? There were cars everywhere. In the parking lot, in the bus lot, parked on the side of the road. They must still have an amazing turnout!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 14, 2005

My son attends this school and from what Ive seen and heard its a very positive enviroment.

Posted April 10, 2005

My daughter is a fifth grader at English Estates. We are relocated to Florida from NYC. We love the school. There are a lot of things going on. My daughter was a part of the science afterschool program, SECME. She also came in third in an essay contest about being a good citizen. She already loved to read, but she loves to read even more now due to the AR_accelerated reader incentives. Every few weeks she has won a prize or is going to yet another AR party. English Estates is a great school that motivates children to learn.

Posted August 6, 2004

The EEPTA has work along side the past and current administrations and love the warmth and caring relationships from our faculty and staff. English Estates is a wonderful school and their PTA and SAC committees work hard to help the school provide the best possible educational environment possible for all EEE students!

Posted September 3, 2003

I am pleased to say that all three of my children went to English Estates El. They all received an excellent education. The teachers were very warm and caring people. Everyone I encountered did their best to provide me and my children with what was needed at the time. I am proud to be a former roadrunner parent.

Posted August 26, 2003

English Estates is a great school. The negative comments were probably from a angry parent. In fact I would bet that their student was either below level, retained, had behavior issues, or better yet a 'spoiled PTA mom.' Please do not let their comments spoil your thoughts. Visit the EEE website www.scps.k12.fl.us and you will see for yourself their professionalism and technology integration. English Estates serves with all they have to all populations of children. The administration is supportive and willing to do anything to help out! Please visit EEE website and see how wonderful the school is!

Posted August 22, 2003

Good school acedemicly. The principal does not work well with parents on certain issues. Goes strickly by the book. Discipline seems to be lacking here.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

117 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

117 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

93 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. JOHN WELCH
Fax number
  • (407) 746-2858

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now