Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I give this four star school . although I think you can have the five stars still lacks a bit . This school needs to understand a little better how to work with children who are in special education. They seem to have much time to deal with the needs of these children. Perhaps the school administration still has to be improved. Other than, English Estates school has a very nice person. They are very attentive and friendly . There are lots of teachers in this school are a love , of course not all . but others are excellent teachers. this school is almost bilingual by the large number of Hispanic students in it . In this school there like another different cultures and most beautiful of this it is that children learn to be treated equally. They learn not to have difference between cultures and races. and its motto projects what actually is this school. teach our children to be leaders without import the races. This really deserves to be recognized . No matter what color every child counts. to finish I have two children at this school and I am very happy with all your progress. I want to mention the staff. that must be recognized for their good work . Norma Deverney George PLC Secretary Rose Cruz FTE clerk Yashira Cedeno Clinic Nurse Cindy lowe secretary (Amizing woman) Frances Torres Mrs. Clifton Mrs. Falconbury Mrs. Tanner Ms. Walter Erica Epling Mrs. Lawton Mrs.Hoover Mrs.Speirs Mrs.Vega Ms.Torres Ms.Castillo Mrs. Farmer Mrs. Fuentes Mrs. Tanner Mrs. Thomas Mrs.James Ms. Landon Mr.Byers Roy Gibson Lynette Borneman Behavior Specialist Christine sharpe Assistant Principal Shannon Akerson Principal

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers are amazing, but it's obvious that others are there only to collect a paycheck. I wish the school would send a survey out at the end of the year so parents could rate the teachers.

I have never seen a school where the teachers and staff go so far above and beyond to benefit the kids. This school is improving every year despite their high ratio of non English speaking and underprivileged students. Parental involvement is also incredible. The principal, Mr. Welch, has done a tremendous job of hiring qualified and caring staff. His involvement has resulted in improved test scores and great school spirit. We will be so sorry to see him go but know that the new administration will build on the excellent foundation he has made for them. I am so impressed with this school and my child loves it here.

John W. has destroyed an otherwise fine school and now he is moving on. I wish he would take some of the staff with him. These inappropriate hires need to end. The families in the community have to grin and bare it or find alternative education. I did the latter.

My son has gone to English Estates Elementary from kindergarten to 5th grade and we have had nothing but positive experiences. The teachers are compassionate and seem to love to teach. Administration has an open door policy and makes time to listen and utilize parental suggestions. Last year we took teams to Odyssey of the Mind and placed first in two events and second in another event.

I have three children that have attended English Estates. I believe that they are doing a great job improving the school every year, especially considering the fiscal climate they must work in.

Hi, I was impressed with Mr. Welch because he was very straightforward and friendly. The school looked inviting and the office staff was very friendly. I believe he will definitely make English Estates an "A" school again. Mr. Welch is hiring very qualified, teachers who have master's degrees and a wealth of teaching experience which is critical. I wish him the best for 2012/2013.

i love this school. We had other choices and this English Estates is the best fit. The family activities offered are awesome. The teachers always communicate with the parents, including the school as a whole. Through folders that go home with the children and the teachers e-mail and phone numbers directed to the classroom. I love it. There is an awesome amount of funding given to this school for children and their families to help us.

English Estates is an excellent school! The curriculum is outstanding.

I love English Estates! The Principal, Dr. Beth Sharpe is very much involved and attends almost everything! She has implemented the Steven Covey Leadership program for Elementary children (7 Habits for Highly Effective People) and our school is run better and more efficiently than most private schools. Music and Art programs fall a bit short but Seminole county does offer Enrichment programs and this year my Son is learning to play and appreciate the Violin. There is also classical music that is played in the hallways. The Phys Ed department is fun and even teaches nutrition. Several parents in the school are very active and our PTA even brought us a Fair Trade fundraiser this year! The only school in Florida to do this! Our guidance Team seems to never sleep creating many parent nights and Adriana Council heads up the All Pro Dads Breakfast too.

Last modified English Estates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.