Fernandina Beach, FL

Posted September 03, 2014
My daughter went to Faith and excelled. She is now a senior in High School and has been in AP Classes, Dual Enrollment classes, and the National Honor Society since freshman year. She really blossomed from her experiences there. As a parent I was able to sit in on several of her classes and really hear what she was being taught. She grew spiritual, socially, and academically. My daughter and I felt free to ask questions or speak about concerns to the teachers and principle. I always felt that my concerns were always heard and taken to heart. Going to public school was a change for her and she has held steadfast to her beliefs thanks to the loving guidance of the teachers at Faith.

Posted August 28, 2014
I am a parent of two children that attended FCA. Both attended the school from Pre-K through 5th grade. My oldest child has been in Gifted and Honor classes in the public school system since he left FCA and is graduating this school year with Honors and in the National Honor Society. He will also be just 3 credits shy of an AA degree. My youngest child has been in the public school system just one year and received straight A's all year. They were both blessed to have a solid foundation of an excellent education that started and FCA and the bonus of having the Bible incorporated in their teaching, not only at home, but at school. The teachers were all amazing and assisted in instilling the morals and values that our children need and deserve. The current principal, Mr. Alvare', is an amazing man of God who puts 110% into making sure that your child not only receives an awesome education, but encourages your child to have a personal relationship with God...and that is something that you cannot put a price tag on. Both of our children are well educated, well behaved, followers of Christ...and it was with the partnership of Faith Christian Academy that this was made possible.

Posted August 27, 2014
I have a son who currently attends FCA, he has been there since he was 3. He is now in the 3rd grade and flourishing under the guidance of his teachers and the staff there. It is a loving environment that teaches a strong love for God and is teaching our children to be considerate and respectful adults. My daughter went to FCA from Kindergarten to 8th grade and now attends Public High school where she is doing well in Honors classes.

Posted July 23, 2014
I agree with the parents that say sit in on a class before enrolling your child. The teacher's kids that attend get special treatment. Bullying is a big problem at this school. It's like a revolving door for the teachers...can't seem to keep the same teachers (with the exclusion of a few.) Don't try and get your problems resolved with the principal, as he will back his teachers, even with documentation. Told directly to me by him. Be prepared to spend several extra hundreds of dollars-mandatory fundraisers. This place will nickel and dime you until you go completely broke...it's not worth the money because they are way behind the public school system. Please think twice before enrolling your child, your child deserves so much more than what this school says they have to offer. FYI-some of the teachers do not have agrees in what is being taught. Just beware!

Posted February 09, 2013
We have had two children in the school now for five years. Overall, I have been very pleased with the quality of the education, the environment, and the teachers. The school was able to set up a computer lab this year to allow the students to begin to learn skills such as typing and online courses. If you're considering a private school, I would highly encourage you to stop by and speak with the principal and the teachers.

Posted January 09, 2013
I am extremely disappointed with the structure of my daughter's classroom. It is very chaotic. I agree with one of the reviews left by a parent, please before enrolling your child sit in on a class. There are some great teachers, unfortunately my daughter doesn't have one of the great teachers. I am a very involved parent and sadly this year I'm not. I can't handle the rude, uncaring presence of her teacher.

Posted July 26, 2011
My daughter has attended this school for two years and will be attending again this year. Wonderful atmosphere where teachers and leadership love and care for the students and is very clearly a Christian school. I love that the kids get to play outside and have PE, Music and Art. Children are taught not just academics but how to build their character and treat others.

Posted June 08, 2010
We were utterly and completely disappointed with this school. Chaotic classroom environment, inept teaching staff and incompetent administrator. Strongly recommend sitting in on a class before enrolling children. Christian in name only.

Faith Christian Academy 3

Posted April 28, 2010
My child has been attending FCA for 8 years. I am very pleased with the small classrooms, teacher assistance and administrative support. I feel my child has had the opportunity to be a kid in a culture that doesn't see much of that these days. My only issue with the school is the fact that my child feels ridiculed by the other students for our families political views. We have used this as a teaching lesson to accept and allow others views. Perhaps in the end it will help our child to be open with people of all religions and points of view.

Posted November 05, 2009
I expect only the best from FCA. A private school that is an excellent place for my child to learn above and beyond the FL public school system. Such nurturing and loving teachers

Faith Christian Academy
96282 Brady Point Road, Fernandina Beach, FL  32034
Last modified Faith Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Faith Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top