Posted March 22, 2015
Highland has impacted my son in a positive manner. Spiritually the Christian teachers and the weekly chapels have been important to his growth as a Christian young man. I've looked at other schools in the area, and their spiritual emphasis is probably the biggest differentiator. Athletically, the coaches are wonderful mentors. Educationally, I greatly apprecate the Christian influence in their curriculum. +++++
10 people found this helpful

Posted March 11, 2015
I have had my children as a part of Highlands Christian Academy for the past 4 years. I am SO impressed with the school's use of technology, as well as biblical integration. Having been a teacher myself, I know that the education being provided is exceeding that of what is offered in other schools. They are above grade level and are encouraged to participate in many additional enrichments. The teachers are loving and professional. They go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. I am looking forward to having my children continue all the way through graduation! Go Knights!
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 11, 2015
HCA has been a great place for my children to attend. They love going to school each day and have made some wonderful friends! The teachers and staff are awesome and I love all the opportunities for sports, drama, and music. They have smart boards in their classrooms, computer labs, and ipads for the kids! Such a great environment for my kids and their education is top notch!

Posted March 10, 2015
The staff at Highlands Christian Academy did a wonderful job of educating my children and preparing them for college. I am so grateful for the Christian values that encompass the academics at HCA, and for the teachers who genuinely love their students and role-model Christian living every single day.

Posted January 25, 2015
F- SCHOOL. This place gives me the heebie geeibies and I discourage any caring parent to not send their children here. Rude staff, poor academics
55 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2015
I'm a parent and I'm disgusted with highlands Christian. The very first day of school I was able to meet most of the staff and I just had a bad feeling about sending my child here. As the year has gone on I've found out things that has lead me to pull my child out of this school. They allow the children to swear, talk down to the teachers, and if your not on most of the teachers good side your child is in trouble. F- school and it's getting worse from what I hear
78 people found this helpful

Posted August 24, 2014
Excellent Christian education. Loving and safe environment. Easy access to faculty and administration. Fantastic campus.
7 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2014
I give this school a BIG FAT ZERO. They have no team spirt they Do not have the emotional well being of the kids.They are doing bad finically because kids are leaving the school.No parent participation. I have heard of middle school kids being bullied and they don't handle it they just say lets pray about it. They hide behind GOD because they are NOT doing their job. I do NOT recommend this school . My kids had a terrible experience and school should be fun. The teachers act like the kids friends then turn on them as soon as they get the chance. They are all hypocrites. TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
37 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2014
I am a junior in high school and have attended this school since I was three years old. Both my older brothers went here as well. My oldest brother went to Liberty University. My middle brother has autism and now works in a welding shop. I love all the teachers. I love my school. I don't know what some of these posts are talking about with lack of discipline as that has never been my experience. I feel all my teachers, office ladies, lunch ladies, daycare ladies, and the principals really care about us. There is no school I would rather be at than Highlands Christian Academy. I know my brothers loved this school too! If you want your kids to have the best education in an environment where the people who work there really care about you, then this is the school for them!
6 people found this helpful

501 NE 48th St 3

Posted January 30, 2014
I currently attend Highlands Christian Academy, and I have been here since fourth grade. So far, the experience has been great, until this 2013-2014 school year. My classmates and I truly feel it's going downhill from the amazing school it used to be. We don't get to do half the things students in the past got to do, and the education and discipline is so poor. In most of my classes, my teachers are too busy trying to settle down the students to even teach the lesson. It's not always the teacher's fault, but the students here are wild almost, they never stop trying to get themselves in trouble. The education doesn't get good until junior year, apparently. Also, the authority figures always seem so unorganized and 'too busy' to even just talk to students who ask to see them. Still, this is an amazing place to make lifelong friends. And although the small student body can cause some drama, it feels like a huge family when I'm there. It always seems like everyone is laughing! The pros weigh over the cons most definitely, but I just thought I'd share how I see the school from a students point of view.

501 NE 48th St