Posted November 24, 2014
I have been a parent at Paterson since 2003, my oldest is getting ready to graduate from Fleming Island High and I have a 5th grader. I am on my 3rd Principal and I think this new one is great. The teachers at this school are very caring and many of them have been there since we started. They are always in communication and willing to help. Yes the school has changed over the years, but it has changed everywhere, the state mandates are so hard it is hard for teachers be creative. There a so many parent volunteers. I know a lot of parents from the two other schools and they do not have the extra activities that we have such as school dances twice a year, the carnivals, and an amazing run walk program.

Posted September 18, 2014
This is not a good school the principal is not a good leader and the teachers do not the students.

Robert M. Paterson Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
My kids have attended this school for close to 2 years and its overall a good school. It has areas to improve on though. I think coming from a private school environment with smaller school population, we've been spoiled and now realize the school staff (principle, VP, etc) will never know your child by name. The teachers we've had have been great with the kids and communicate well. I never felt in the dark. I do wish the school could update its external appearance a bit. Compared to its neighboring schools, like Thunderbolt & FIE - ours seems dark, with minimal external visual appeal. At first glace I was hesitant just based on external appearance. I also think it lacks in the "arts" - there have been no school plays, recitals, musicals. Nothing in the arts realm to engage the kids. Even a glee club would be nice. It only focuses on this run/walk program which my kids found ultra boring as they play the same music every week as they run laps. Overall, the school is a good one, my kids have both excelled and their grades have been A-B consistently.

Posted October 17, 2013
We are so happy to be done with this school. The principal is completely out of touch and so self-absorbed that he does nothing to alleviate the problems in his school. The teachers we have encountered ranged from lazy to apathetic. There were one or two exceptions. Our children would not go to the bathroom until they got home because the ones at this school were entirely too disgusting. One of our children was actually assaulted (by another student) and the best answer we could get was "It won't happen again...." If your child happens to be a little short on lunch money, they are forced to wear a red arm band for the remainder of the school day so that their parents (and everyone else in the school) knows that they didn't have enough money for lunch. No stigma there, huh? Anyway, if you can avoid sending your kids here, DO SO!

Posted October 06, 2013
I have two children that attend Paterson. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this school and the teachers. I have a 4th and 1st grader. There was only one year that I didn't care for my sons teacher. Everyone else (including the front office staff, the VP and Principle are extremely helpful and willing to help. One of my sons teacher help my son tremendously and I will forever be grateful for her! Every year when we go to open house all the teachers from prior years acknowledge us and are very sincere when getting updates on my kids. I am not sure what the issues were for some of the lower rated reviews, but I would NEVER think about sending my kids any other place. I also know many families that moved TO this area just to send their kids to Paterson.

Posted August 23, 2013
Bad school. Do NOT send your kid here. The person at the top is using the job as a stop gap until he retires which is not soon enough. He doesn't take ANY interest in a parents views, suggestions or perspectives, instead reminisces on his own family experiences. I have suggested many little changes which could improve the school both to him and his sidekick, but no-one listens. He and his sidekick (the deputy) have their favorites and treat the other kids AND teachers with little respect. I know one or 2 teachers who are filled with pure fear if their class is interupted by either of them during lessontime. Some of the teachers are terrible too. It would be good if they knew about the subject they are teaching before instead of teaching completely wrong information. When I confronted a 6th grade teacher, she was TOTALLY unapproachable. I CANNOT wait to get my kids outta there. I know lots and lots of people who have moved just to get into other schools and away from Paterson. We moved here from out of State and wished we'd known this first. This school has made our time here very stressful. If you can, look for another school.

Posted May 15, 2013
Paterson used to be a great school years ago with a different principal. The vice principal is mean and ahteful woman who shows true disdain for the students. the principal was so so, until he got bored after a few yrs. He plays favorites, and is rude and cruel..look him up online and see news stories..you will be schocked. he got rid of all positive amle role models so he could be King!!He must play golf with the superintendant because when we and several others went for help from him, we were not believed once Grieneger spoke with him. Our children were straight a kids, we were very active and volunteered tons of hours. ONly a few teachers really care, and are not allowed to deviate from the constant pressure to teach to the FCAT test. Many friends moved away from the school or homeschooled.Sad considering we moved here and pay high taxes and had to leave the school once any problem was brought up, we were not welcomed anymore! Our friends even found a teacher changing the survey about herself, and mrs.White, the VP..did nothing. sad to see a promising school get destroyed by a few in the front office. I was forced to find other schools for my 4 children.Many friends did too.

Posted May 03, 2013
Paterson elementary is an excellent school. The teachers truly care about the students development and not just academically, but all-around development. The Principal is actively involved with a great example of leadership through hands on and empowering others to do so as well. In my personal opinion, as a parent, you cannot go wrong with your student at this school.

Posted March 09, 2011
I think this is the best elementary school my daughter has gone to and she has gone to 3 total. The teachers are willing to help any student and work hard to make every student achieve. The even offer tutoring in subjects to help student with their problem areas. Overall, AWESOME school.

Robert M. Paterson Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2010
My daughter has a learning disability and this is her last year at Paterson Elementary. They have always been very sensitive to her needs and have done everything possible to help her succeed academically.

Robert M. Paterson Elementary School
5400 Pine Avenue, Fleming Island, FL  32003
(904) 278-2078
Last modified Robert M. Paterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert M. Paterson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top