Fort Lauderdale, FL
Students enrolled: 1,388

Posted September 09, 2015
I have had 2 girls attend the montessori school and both have have moved on to highly rated magnet high schools. Sunrise teachers care about the children and work with the parents to find solutions to learning issues identified. My girls have shared classes with tradional kids and found them just as competitive and motivated to succeed.

Sunrise Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 04, 2015
No way they let the kids fight and then send them home om suspension for a few days

Sunrise Middle School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Sunrise middle school , it's is a great place for your kids to learn. My two kids are there and I'm so please with all the knowledge and support they are getting . Thank you

Sunrise Middle School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
The school said a lot of good things about itself and the programs. In reality the school is a bad enviroment for most students. Teachers ignore the kids and punish them severly in most cases. student's explanations are ignored and are given immediate punishment. People have been pick-pocketed, beat up and harrased at Sunrise middle. I personally know 1 person who's Iphone 5c was stolen once and he got another and it was stolen too. I recomend not to bring more than 10$ to school (in cash+items). If the school would like to become better they may actually ask teachers and staff to listen to "explainations". They may also want to lower GEM Homework since I know many GEM Student from 6-8th grade who stay later than 11:30PM Just to Finish their Homework and yet get good grades. The school is bellow averege (2 stars) since It has a Magnet program and pretty good facility but has averge teachers/staff and AWFUL students.

Sunrise Middle School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
I would have given this school 5 stars if I were rating the Montessori section only. Sadly the traditional side of the school is a future Arthur Ashe in the making. I am a teacher who had considered staying there for a while and sending my child there. Now? It's a definitive no! The students in traditional are awful! The teachers and administrators work hard to ensure some learning take place but it is useless. This year when Ashe closed down, we took some of their students and that was the worst thing ever to happen to the school. Unless your child is going to the Montessori section, don't even think about this school.

Posted February 04, 2014
Definitely a high standard montessori program that will lead your children to advancement. Awesome teachers and staff, salute to all from the Principal to the security and to all students who adopts the education system.

Sunrise Middle School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
the teachers and principal for Montessori are terrible, the teacher are absent and they put substitues that they do not even grade the homeworks of the children wich is is reflected en the grades ,after all the conferences they do not fixed anything, I just loose my time ... they always says; "the problem is the student...Montessori teacher and directors are a mess!!

Posted August 05, 2013
Sunrise middle school was the best choice for my son. He was at a low reading level and was not interested in completing his homework before we moved. After the move and his enrollment in Sunrise Middle, my son did his homework, made new friends, and even had amazing stories to share with me. He was able to learn at a reasonable pace and he came out of his shell, thank you.

Sunrise Middle School 4

Posted July 03, 2013
Sunrise has a great Montessori program. My son attended in 6th and 7th grade but sadly I'll have to move him because of my school schedule. The teachers are very much interested in the students' education and gives meaningful work. Sometimes too much. I felt very safe and the kids are taught to respect each other and bullying is not tolerated.

Posted June 17, 2013
can someone tell me the who the nice teachers are in 6th grade i'm going to start this school in august

Sunrise Middle School
1750 NE 14th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33304
Last modified Sunrise Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top