Fort Lauderdale, FL

Walker Elementary School (Magnet) 1

Posted September 24, 2014
At first I must admit that I thought "high" of this school & the things I was confident that could be given to my child. The school is in a very rough area and the children within this school are very much not nice. It's sad that this school is consider a magnet school as not all teachers "display" love and affection towards students especially children unique. I will honestly say to not place your child at this school as the bullying, hitting & kicking is real and the environment is very rough. The head Principle is great but not even she can cover up the type of behaviors that go on at this school.

Walker Elementary School (Magnet) 1

Posted August 19, 2013
Staff at this school don't even support it.I tried to come out and enjoy the band only to realize me and my daughter plus maybe 2 more parents were the only one's there i did not see 1 teacher so after all i was very dissapointed it was a waste.This is a F- rated school and needs to be closed.This school has failed to produce items in which i paid cash for /class pictures twice,and mother's day cake no wonder they ask for cash only,i don't have a paper trail to show for.But anyways i had to glady withdraw my child from this disgraceful poor establishment,she now attends a A-rated school.Also the front office staff has bad communication skills Miss --------- is awful.When she answer's the phone with phenomenal Walker qoute there's nothing phenomenal about a F-rated school i'm just saying.

Posted July 24, 2012
I know Walker Elementary is one of the best schools in Fort.Lauderdale. Walker has the best teachers, principals and assistant principals, any child who is a child would love to go to Walker Elementary. The staff will try their best to help your child stay out of trouble. Walker is not only the best in the magnet program but also in helping you find your best friends forever just like I did.

Walker Elementary School (Magnet) 4

Posted April 30, 2009
Walker is a Great school. My children love the extra activities. I love that the administrators, teachers, and staff all take time to get to know your child and all have a interest in the learning. They take the time to keep you informed on your child's, behavior or grades which I find to be really helpful to me and my family. Thank you to all the staff and teacher at Walker. And keep up the GREAT Work. 4th Grade parent

Posted November 12, 2008

Posted July 21, 2008

Posted March 16, 2008

Walker Elementary School (Magnet) 2

Posted April 04, 2006
Some of the academics is very helpful to the kids and some are not. My involvement with my child learning is very high.Also how can you help your child if the teacher doesn't advise you of what they are having problems with.

Posted April 22, 2005

Walker Elementary School (Magnet) 4

Posted May 15, 2004

Walker Elementary School (Magnet)
1001 Northwest 4th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33311
Last modified Walker Elementary School (Magnet) is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Elementary School (Magnet) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top