685 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Very supportive staff willing to help in more ways than simply enriching the basic knowledge.

I went to Walker when I was a child and now my two children go there. The school has had its ups and downs, but I am happy to report that with the arrival of the new principal, all things are looking up. The school was cleaned up, teachers who care about the kids are teaching, and there is a big change in the attitudes and behaviors of the kids. I never felt good about my kids going until this year. I hope they keep this principal around because he is doing a great job managing the school.

At first I must admit that I thought "high" of this school & the things I was confident that could be given to my child. The school is in a very rough area and the children within this school are very much not nice. It's sad that this school is consider a magnet school as not all teachers "display" love and affection towards students especially children unique. I will honestly say to not place your child at this school as the bullying, hitting & kicking is real and the environment is very rough. The head Principle is great but not even she can cover up the type of behaviors that go on at this school.

Staff at this school don't even support it.I tried to come out and enjoy the band only to realize me and my daughter plus maybe 2 more parents were the only one's there i did not see 1 teacher so after all i was very dissapointed it was a waste.This is a F- rated school and needs to be closed.This school has failed to produce items in which i paid cash for /class pictures twice,and mother's day cake no wonder they ask for cash only,i don't have a paper trail to show for.But anyways i had to glady withdraw my child from this disgraceful poor establishment,she now attends a A-rated school.Also the front office staff has bad communication skills Miss --------- is awful.When she answer's the phone with phenomenal Walker qoute there's nothing phenomenal about a F-rated school i'm just saying.

I know Walker Elementary is one of the best schools in Fort.Lauderdale. Walker has the best teachers, principals and assistant principals, any child who is a child would love to go to Walker Elementary. The staff will try their best to help your child stay out of trouble. Walker is not only the best in the magnet program but also in helping you find your best friends forever just like I did.

Walker is a Great school. My children love the extra activities. I love that the administrators, teachers, and staff all take time to get to know your child and all have a interest in the learning. They take the time to keep you informed on your child's, behavior or grades which I find to be really helpful to me and my family. Thank you to all the staff and teacher at Walker. And keep up the GREAT Work. 4th Grade parent

Last modified Walker Elementary School (Magnet) is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.