Fort Lauderdale, FL
Students enrolled: 1,858

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Yes they do. Kids will be kids but they are taught honesty, integrity and fairness through life lessons that are often taught in the classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 02, 2015
The magnet school teachers go above and beyond my expectations! The program is a success because of the time, knowledge and patience the teachers put it to the program.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2015
Homework is just right. It can be stressful at times but that is where they have to persevere and learn how to prioritise their obligations.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Definately! Through competitions and shows and the prepping that goes along with it. The teachers not only make the kids do the work but the staff are working right along with the students.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Once again, they definately encourage the students to respect their peers through life lessons that are often passed on in the classroom. I know that the staff in the magnet program show respect to all of the students.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
I can say that they definately do try:) You cannot force everyone to change but I have seen much positivity with the students in the magnet program.

Dillard High School 5

Posted June 02, 2015
The magnet program at Dillard High School is the best! Especially the jazz band:) The teachers in the magnet programs are totally devoted to the kids and the teachers work overtime to make sure that the programs are successful. I have had 3 children in the magnet program and they have really excelled and experienced many opportunities that would probably not have occurred if not for the prepping that the jazz band provided. I would do it all over again if I had to. I highly recommend this program.

Dillard High School 5

Posted August 17, 2014
My daughter attended this school. A magnet school with caring teachers and administration. This school was extremely intimidating at the start of the year. I have to admit that the comments and signage around the school terrified me. Join the PTA- get involved! Everyone wants to help. The guidance counselors were amazing Mrs. Yera and Mrs. MacDonald definitely went beyond. Mr. Witherspoon helped with all the paperwork needed for my child to get into UCF where she starts school tomorrow. The music program led by Mr. Charles and Mrs. Beharri will always be remembered - especially Carols By Candle Light in Disney where the kids performed with Sigourney Weaver.

Dillard High School 1

Posted April 13, 2014
I am currently a 12th grade student at Dillard High School for the 2013-2014 school year In I am not very happy with this school I have been going to this school for about 3 years In I have had nothing but on going problems their are some teachers that care but the administration in the office does not do their job in they could care less what u got to say they need better people working at the school.

Dillard High School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
teaching is atrocious, we get graded over how we dress more often than how we do academically

2501 Northwest 11th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33311
Last modified Dillard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dillard High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top