Posted December 10, 2013
I had anxiety about my kids going to this school but they didn't have a choice because it goes by your address and you have to have a good reason to transfer so I decided to try it out. The teachers are nice but the kids fight every day, curse at the teachers, and there is very little parent involvement. Hardly anyone showed up to the open house. I feel bad because children are a reflection of their parents. This has been a nightmare since my kids have been here. They don't want to go to school and it wasn't that way last year when we lived in another state. The K-2nd graders have to use the poor excuse for a playground in the front of the building while the other kids use the nice one in the back. They desperately need funding and to come up with ways to encourage parent involvement and physical education. I would say that everything I was afraid of about my kids going there was definitely true. They do have some very nice teachers though and my kids teachers get very frustrated with the behavior of these kids because it takes away from the other students learning. Parents get involved and discipline your children!!!

Posted November 06, 2013
I gave this school 1 star because I could not provide a negative star. This is the worst school ever. They do not follow through on anything. The teachers are ok. Kids bully one another and talk back and the school just brush it under the rug like if its ok. I had gone to the school more then once to resolve problems and it never gets resolved same problems all the time. If a child gets bullied and you bring it up with the school all they say is that if it happens off school grounds they can not do anything about it. Its out of their hands. HELLO all these kids go to the same school call the other parent and talk about the problem. They should express the importance of not bullying. If there is problem with the child if they don't behave in class the school/ teacher will call you to tell you that they are not behaving and that you need to handle the problem. Hello the child is in the school your the teacher your supposed to handle it a Parent can do so much and handling the situation when the child gets home. But its the School needs to enforce the rules. When I was a child and if I did not behave in class I was reprimanded and face the consequences.

Posted November 06, 2013
I wish schools can be eliminated based on performance and what it gives back to its students and community as whole. It behoove me at how teachers and staff minimize the importance to stop bullying from one student to another. Instead of minimizing racism, they do nothing but support the behavior. I wish I can say it's the students, but if students see they can get away with poor behavior, then they are just as bad and should be reprimanded as well. I hope the faculty starts to do their job!!!

Posted August 22, 2010
I went 2 open house 2 meet my son teacher. The teacher did not show up. Ok maybe she had a emergency, however Larkdale Elementary School it dont look good.

Posted January 05, 2009

Larkdale Elementary School 5

Posted February 26, 2008

Larkdale Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2006
Larkdale Elementary has new leadership as of the 2005-2006 school year and has shown a major turn-around. The school has all the pieces in place to be an effective place for learning.

Larkdale Elementary School
3250 Northwest 12th Place, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33311
Last modified Larkdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larkdale Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top