Fort Lauderdale, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 03, 2014
WESTWOOD HEIGHTS IS A GREAT SCHOOL WITH GREAT POTENTIAL. MAJORITY OF OUR STUDENTS DEAL WITH OBSTACLES OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL CAUSING EMOTIONAL AND INTELLECTUAL STRESS, BUT MOST STUDENTS REMAIN RESILIENT IN THE EFFORT TO BE SUCCESS IN LIFE. THERE ARE TEACHERS WHO MOTIVATE AND ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE SCHOOL AND CLASSROOM. WESTWOOD HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY IS GOING THROUGH A TRANSITION PERIOD BUT W.H.E WILL SURVIVE AND W.H.E WILL STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE..

Posted June 24, 2013
I fell this school is going on a downward spiral . Each year it is worse! The entire school plays by there own rules from the office staff to the ASP program director and staff.

Posted May 01, 2013
My son attends this school and lets just say he came home with a hole new language this year, and it wasn't the american version. But what was a surprise to me was the fact that the office staff spoke the same one. No one ever corrected him thoughout the year. His teacher was inconsistent with his daily behavior chart and we didn't find out where he needed help intill report cards came out. The school security or should i say lack of was scary! The frist day i went to the office to pick up my son no one asked me for id. I tried to relocate my son but the school board could care less, the guy i delt with had better things to do. My son gained 20lbs chips, juice, candy and cakes are always given to the kids, for mothers day they want you to buy a cake so your kid can decorate for you. Most schools sell plants. Just the other day they sent home a letter to buy a dozen donuts for charity. Yes you don't have to buy these things and i don't but kids want to be a part of. I feel the school board should give me a free year of tutoring so my son can relearn the american language. Thank God for ressignment because i would have moved across country not to see westwood heights again.

Posted October 07, 2009
great school my child learns so much and comes home and tells me all that he has learn it wounderful

Westwood Heights Elementary School 2

Posted October 17, 2008
The teachers in this school work exceedingly hard. I wish them the best. Three of my children attend there and so far I am pleased with thier work

Posted August 12, 2008

Posted May 18, 2008

Posted April 04, 2005

Posted December 27, 2004
This is a great school. they have great after school activites. they teach in an fun and great way .your kids ould love this school. they have school dances and other great school activites.

Westwood Heights Elementary School
2861 Southwest 9th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified Westwood Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top