621 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I think the teachers are great. However the staff is awful. They are extremely rude and quit frankly they are arrogant and down right nasty. I've had volenters yell at my child, the admin works call me a liar, and it's obvious they look down on people who don't live up to Bayview standards. Really anyone can see it all you have to do is go in the office or watch the way they conduct the a.m and p.m dismissals. Very bad experience it ruins how great the teachers are because they really are amazing.

This is our third year at Bayview and we are very happy with the school program. I had an issue with a teacher and I addressed it with the Principal who promptly took care of it. I was very impressed. We left the aftercare program because we did not feel the staff was providing a positive, supporting environment. They allowed the kids to fight and looked the other way. The office staff that runs the aftercare is great, and if they could transfer their work ethic to the staff that is actually taking care of your child, it would be a tremendous program. I would agree with a previous reviewer regarding families that are there but do not live in the school's set boundaries. We wanted our child to go to Bayview and fought to buy a property in the boundaries to do that. It is unfair to the families who have made the sacrifices to send our children to Bayview when there are families that do not have to do the same. They need to be consistent with enforcing it.

The previous post is correct in that everything is great at Bayview if you do not have the need to speak to the principal. If you do have some type of issue, you would likely find that she is very unkind and challenging.

Great elementary school. My son started there in kindergarten and is now in third grade. He loves going to school and feels very safe and comfortable there. Bayview bunch aftercare is also fantastic. I might not be the most involved parent but my son is in his fourth year and I have never had a problem with the principal. She runs a tight ship as far as I'm concerned and I don't feel the need to speak with her as long as the teachers are doing their jobs.

Bayview Elementary is a great school, but, as stated, the principal is making the whole atmosphere one of anger, frustration, and suspicion. She lets just about anyone enroll, many from the Wilton Manors area who are not in the boundaries, and does nothing about it when reported to her. Bayview's current enrollment and future projections are above capacity, and if nothing is done to keep illegally enrolled students out, the situation will only get worse. The principal and the illegally enrolled need to go!

Bayview academically is pretty good, but the ONLY problem that Bayview have is the principal, as this fellow from the below comment, which I totally agree with, in the comment, that people over fear don't confront her, her leadership is based on fear, and pressure, even the teachers are afraid of her, but they don't tell the real problems because of that. I believe Bay view should not deserve that, over the years Bayview was Number 1 in Broward, and you can see the records, how scores decreased since she came to the school. She is a bully, and is really hard to communicate with her, is her way or no way. pretty sad, overall because Broward county public schools is so bad, this is really one of the best schools and people have to deal with this person, which such a low skills of personal and social skills. Sorry, but is the truth, that nobody want to say...

The school is great, they keep challenging child till find the area where he can become an expert, then they provide allot of ways to accelerate. Participating in American Math competitions, studying levels ahead etc., so my child was accepted into MathPath competitive camp for older kids, passed it with a high rate, accepted to Hopkins CTY placed into Studying Exceptionally Talented team in it, get a college adviser being just a 5th grader, I can say more and more... this what this school and the principal did for 6 years of studying for my child. I am very proud of this school and their work. Miss them for the middle school, but the child is taking High School Honors and AP classes being just a 6th grader, next year will be in dual enrollment. Thank them allot for providing kids with this type of education.

The school is the best possible one. My child started in K in it and finished all the years. I wish we would have similar for the middle school too. We moved into Chicago, the child is on top of the district. Nobody believes that Florida gives so great knowledge, knowledge which placed my child into high nationally!

Bayview Elementary School is an excellent school. They educate our children more on analytical thinking - problem solving - and awareness on current events. Teachers emphasize the importance of great values, respect, and obedient, which at their young age is very important.

Who would you recommend as the Kindergarten teacher? We just move into the area and do not know the school well as well as the teacher or any one in the neighborhood I appreciate very much Thank you

Last modified Bayview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.