Floranada Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 749 students

Posted January 16, 2013

Good teachers the principal is very involved in the school activities. It has mostly been a good experience with a few bumps along the road.

Posted March 30, 2012

I have 3 children attending Floranada. I drive all the way from Deerfield Beach to attend this wonderful school. I can't say enough good things about it. My children have all been blessed with amazing teachers. The principal is always around and very friendly. The office staff is very helpful. The parents are very involved. It is safe and very clean. There are lots of family activities. We will be moving this summer and are very sad about leaving this wonderful school. I highly recommend it. I wish there were more schools like Floranada.

Posted December 12, 2011

We only have 1 child so I make sure that when we make a choice for him, it's the best possible one! That being said, we toured 9 different schools! From Boca to Ft. Lauderdale & from private to charter to public. Obviously, Floranada won! It truely was a God send when we received our letter of acceptance for re-assignment to Floranada since we are districted for a different school! The classes and programs they still offer (even with budget cuts), their teachers, their parent involvement.....EVERYTHING is perfect! Plus, Mr. Peters is so intertwined with the involvement too! Try to find all of this in another school!

Posted December 12, 2011

Floranada Elementary is a truly an extraordinary school. As a third grade teacher at Floranada, I see the students I am now teaching growing up to become the leadership that our country needs to be successful. I see future doctors and lawyers, teachers and public servants, politicians and business executives, and maybe even a few drama queens and comedians. And, in seeing these qualities in these students, I feel more secure about getting older. I know we will pass our country onto capable hands. Our principal, Keith Peters, is the most dedicated principal that I've ever met. In addition to just knowing each child, Mr. Peters meets with each child during lunch and discusses their futures, college, grades, test scores, future job choices and a lot more. He tries to get to know each and every student personally. In addition, each day, we walks each hallway and says good morning to the students. He makes an effort to be a positive role model and leader to both the students and the teachers. Floranada Elementary is such an amazing place. The educational environment provide at this school is truly unique. These students and teachers deserve every opportunity available.

Posted December 11, 2011

When I walk into school, I feel honored and excited to be part of such a caring and hardworking group of people. We are like a famly who truly enjoys each other's company and ideas. We strive to do our best for all our students each and every day and it shows on their faces. Ask any child or staff member at Floranada Elementary and they will say, "I LOVE my school!"

Posted December 11, 2011

SO sad I am leaving this school..my son is in 1st Grade and before coming to FLoranada he was so miserable in school..everyday in the office in trouble failing KINDERGARTEN every week conferences to medicate him..not at Forananda he LOVES school thanks to them 100's on his weekly tests..never in trouble a model student! everyone is friendly the school is so clean..I am really going to be so sad to move away this week and take him from where he is so happy.

Posted December 10, 2011

I have two children currently at Floranada. One is in 5th grade and has gone since kindergarten. My other child is currently in kindergarten. This is hands down the most wonderful school. There is strong parent involvement. The teachers, staff, and administrators go above and beyond to help each child excel. If you are looking for an elementary school, stop here. Read the reviews from parents. Talk to people in the community. Everyone loves this school and I am so glad that my children attend Floranada.

Posted October 7, 2011

I have been an involved parent for 6 years now and I am here to tell you that this school is an A+ school in more than just test grades. The school is a volunteers dream, it's friendly, clean and the students, teachers and all whom you come in contact with are helpful and kind. The school is not our home boundered school, it is a school we re-assigned to after extensive research and we knew that the education would be top notch. My daughter has grown from a tiny kidergartner to a mature 5th grade tween who is on the top of her game academically, mentally and confidently in most part because of the loving, nurturing guidance of her teachers and the entire staff at Floranada. In short there aren't enough words to express how indebted our family is to this wonderful school. I don't know who will be crying more at the end of this year, as we prepare to leave, her father and I or her.

Posted March 14, 2011

I went to Floranada Elementary last year... and I miss it! The principal is young and kind. Do not underestimate him though, he's smart,kind, and a strong leader! The teachers are fantastic; they make class work fun and easy to understand! This school has a great after care program! There is a student government, news crew, safety patrols, and chorus. The library is filled of books and other resources. There are computers and laptop carts. There's a field for P.E., a basketball court, two sand playgrounds; one for K-2 and another for 3-5. There are super citizen awards each month awarded to a student from each class. The cafeteria is always clean, but it can get a little loud sometimes from all the talking...but that's what kids do! We talk... a lot! The school is always safe! They practice fire drills and tornado drills so that way the student know exactly what to do and where to go! Being a part of that school was like being a part of a family! I love that school and the people in it!

Posted October 20, 2010

We have a wonderful Principal, and a great team of parents that volunteer, get involved and care. We are proud to be in that school.

Posted October 19, 2010

Why do you love Floranada Eleme ntary School? Our school is like a family. The teachers, administration, staff, parents and students work together to make the educational experience of each child challenging, exciting, and safe. Our principal is a hands-on administrator and makes time to meet individually with as many students as possible, eat lunch with the students, and has an open door policy with parents, students, and staff. Besides being a teacher, my daughter attended this school from kindergarten through 5th grade and received an exceptional education.

Posted October 19, 2010

I've been teaching 36 years. I've never taught in a place where the love of children is so prevalent. I see it the students for their teachers and parents, in the parents for their children and the people who teach them, and in the teachers for their students and the students' parents and for each other. We have a strong, knowledgeable principal and assistant principal who we are confident can lead us into the future. It all adds up to an awesome school!!

Posted October 19, 2010

The faculty and staff are one of the most caring and knowledgeable group of people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The parents go the extra mile to help their children achieve their highest academic goals. The students work hard and are happy to learn. That all adds up to a winning - A+ combination.

Posted October 18, 2010

We love Floranada because the teachers and support staff truly care about each student, and we have wonderful volunteer parents.

Posted October 18, 2010

They have a school where the parents, staff and teachers all work together to ensure that every child has the greatest opportunity to learn and grow.

Posted October 18, 2010

We have great teachers, caring staff and awesome kids!

Posted October 13, 2010

The teachers challenge all their students and work really hard to make learning fun

Posted May 8, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE this school! This is my ninth, yes ninth, year as a parent here and I have nothing but good things to say about it! We got a new principal this year (the previous one retired who was fantastic)... and this new principal is phenomenal as well. The staff is highly qualified and the PTA program is outstanding!

Posted June 1, 2007

My Son had the honor of graduating from Floranada Elem, this past Thursday May 31,2007 after attending grades one through five and I would like to add that I was very impressed with the whole commencement from start to finish. I also would love to highly praise Mr. Armstrong for ability to win the respect and praise of both parents and students. My Son has had the best anyone parent could ask for both from the teachers, aftercare and all the office staff. The best of luck to all of you.

Posted May 23, 2007

My child is in kindergarten and what an incredible year. The teacher, Mrs. Boardman has gifted my child with a strong educational foundation by which he excitedly wants to continue to build on. Mrs. Boardman not only respects my child but also respects me as a parent, for that I am grateful. One of the coolest things about the Floranada experience is my child's learning experience does not end with the 2:00 bell. Aftercare with Ms. Sanchez is the absolute best. The office staff, Mr. kholi,the Principal and Mrs. Myers, the Vice principal really add to the positive Floranada experience. At first, in any new environment there is an adjustment period where everyone gets used to one another and through out this past year I have learned many new names, received guidance on Broward County School guidelines, and met really talented teachers, parents and staff. Thank you!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

118 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

96 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

97 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

97 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

120 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

Arts & music

Music
  • Orchestra
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5251 NE 14th Way