Fort Lauderdale, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
I have had three children at Floranada Elementary the past five years. Great teachers and staff. There is such caring and warmth within this school you feel like part of a family. My kids love going to school every day. We feel lucky to be at this school as it is one of the better elementary schools in Broward county.

Posted January 16, 2013
Good teachers the principal is very involved in the school activities. It has mostly been a good experience with a few bumps along the road.

Posted March 30, 2012
I have 3 children attending Floranada. I drive all the way from Deerfield Beach to attend this wonderful school. I can't say enough good things about it. My children have all been blessed with amazing teachers. The principal is always around and very friendly. The office staff is very helpful. The parents are very involved. It is safe and very clean. There are lots of family activities. We will be moving this summer and are very sad about leaving this wonderful school. I highly recommend it. I wish there were more schools like Floranada.

Posted December 12, 2011
We only have 1 child so I make sure that when we make a choice for him, it's the best possible one! That being said, we toured 9 different schools! From Boca to Ft. Lauderdale & from private to charter to public. Obviously, Floranada won! It truely was a God send when we received our letter of acceptance for re-assignment to Floranada since we are districted for a different school! The classes and programs they still offer (even with budget cuts), their teachers, their parent involvement.....EVERYTHING is perfect! Plus, Mr. Peters is so intertwined with the involvement too! Try to find all of this in another school!

Posted December 12, 2011
Floranada Elementary is a truly an extraordinary school. As a third grade teacher at Floranada, I see the students I am now teaching growing up to become the leadership that our country needs to be successful. I see future doctors and lawyers, teachers and public servants, politicians and business executives, and maybe even a few drama queens and comedians. And, in seeing these qualities in these students, I feel more secure about getting older. I know we will pass our country onto capable hands. Our principal, Keith Peters, is the most dedicated principal that I've ever met. In addition to just knowing each child, Mr. Peters meets with each child during lunch and discusses their futures, college, grades, test scores, future job choices and a lot more. He tries to get to know each and every student personally. In addition, each day, we walks each hallway and says good morning to the students. He makes an effort to be a positive role model and leader to both the students and the teachers. Floranada Elementary is such an amazing place. The educational environment provide at this school is truly unique. These students and teachers deserve every opportunity available.

Posted December 11, 2011
When I walk into school, I feel honored and excited to be part of such a caring and hardworking group of people. We are like a famly who truly enjoys each other's company and ideas. We strive to do our best for all our students each and every day and it shows on their faces. Ask any child or staff member at Floranada Elementary and they will say, "I LOVE my school!"

Posted December 11, 2011
SO sad I am leaving this school..my son is in 1st Grade and before coming to FLoranada he was so miserable in school..everyday in the office in trouble failing KINDERGARTEN every week conferences to medicate him..not at Forananda he LOVES school thanks to them 100's on his weekly tests..never in trouble a model student! everyone is friendly the school is so clean..I am really going to be so sad to move away this week and take him from where he is so happy.

Posted December 10, 2011
I have two children currently at Floranada. One is in 5th grade and has gone since kindergarten. My other child is currently in kindergarten. This is hands down the most wonderful school. There is strong parent involvement. The teachers, staff, and administrators go above and beyond to help each child excel. If you are looking for an elementary school, stop here. Read the reviews from parents. Talk to people in the community. Everyone loves this school and I am so glad that my children attend Floranada.

Posted October 07, 2011
I have been an involved parent for 6 years now and I am here to tell you that this school is an A+ school in more than just test grades. The school is a volunteers dream, it's friendly, clean and the students, teachers and all whom you come in contact with are helpful and kind. The school is not our home boundered school, it is a school we re-assigned to after extensive research and we knew that the education would be top notch. My daughter has grown from a tiny kidergartner to a mature 5th grade tween who is on the top of her game academically, mentally and confidently in most part because of the loving, nurturing guidance of her teachers and the entire staff at Floranada. In short there aren't enough words to express how indebted our family is to this wonderful school. I don't know who will be crying more at the end of this year, as we prepare to leave, her father and I or her.

Posted March 14, 2011
I went to Floranada Elementary last year... and I miss it! The principal is young and kind. Do not underestimate him though, he's smart,kind, and a strong leader! The teachers are fantastic; they make class work fun and easy to understand! This school has a great after care program! There is a student government, news crew, safety patrols, and chorus. The library is filled of books and other resources. There are computers and laptop carts. There's a field for P.E., a basketball court, two sand playgrounds; one for K-2 and another for 3-5. There are super citizen awards each month awarded to a student from each class. The cafeteria is always clean, but it can get a little loud sometimes from all the talking...but that's what kids do! We talk... a lot! The school is always safe! They practice fire drills and tornado drills so that way the student know exactly what to do and where to go! Being a part of that school was like being a part of a family! I love that school and the people in it!

Floranada Elementary School
5251 NE 14th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33334
Last modified Floranada Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floranada Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top