Fort Lauderdale, FL
Students enrolled: 1,370
Before care: Yes

New River Middle School 4

Posted July 08, 2014
This school is very good,except for all the fighting.Uniforms are good but students like me still worry how they look cause they wanna be different and stand out. I love the Magnet programs and Band, & Clubs they are very good,students all support each other & look after eachother. I wish the school could be cleaned better. The food should be improved a little too. But either way Nrms is a awsome school.

Posted May 23, 2014
There is too much political opinion by the teachers in this school. If a student disagrees his or her life is miserable.

Posted May 21, 2014
This is the worst school. I thought sending my son to a magnet program was a better idea than sending him to his home boundary school which is not so good school but that was a huge mistake!! He was bullied by other kids. Reported to the principal and she did not do anything about it. My son is so scared of going to school and is always so nervous and worried each day. There were too many fighting and gang members involved. I have to pull my son out of NRMS and put him into private school. Not happy with NRMS and is very disappointed.

Posted June 06, 2013
As a magnet school it is outstanding as a ESE school they do not prepare the kids for high school. I have a honors child and a ESE child whom both attended this school. Every school has issues when it comes to kids fighting and this school does it's best to stop it. The ESE kids here have always been looked down on but that's just Broward County Schools in general when it comes to ESE, On the other hand the honor students have some of the best teachers in Broward County at New River Middle. I want to thank all of the teachers in the 8th grade for my sons great 2012-2013 year. I know it could have not been easy for all of you at times.

Posted May 18, 2013
This school is the worst school I have ever gone too. Personally I think you shouldn't send your child here. Somehow the food is awlways terrible, The staff do not care for their students, Children get in trouble for no apparent reason. It is by far the most disturbing place I've been in. Their is too many fights going on. Children are out of control. Teachers get better treatment then the kids it's stupid! Personally I despise some of the teachers and staff. The teachers give children detentions for no apparent reason.. What kind of treachery is this?! I suggest the people on here that say, "This is the best school.. I miss them..'' needs to stop lying. They are devils! Do not send your kid here they'll only end up not learning anything and start fights with the other kids. It's outrage to say the less.

Posted December 15, 2012
I had attended New River Middle School for three years. Now I am in high school. I have to say that my eighth grade year was absolutely my favorite. My two most awesome teachers there were Mr. Laton and Ms. Humphreys. Both of them were very helpful and highly enthusiastic about the subject they taught. Overall, the school was great. Im guessing that the experience varies by the so-called clique you are surrounded by. I was mainly friends with the nerdy/unique types. The best middle school that I can possibly imagine.

Posted May 04, 2010
The teacher and staff are great ... If I need something they are always there...

New River Middle School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
I went to this school i loved it its the best school i ever went im very sad i had to leave there.Good thing that theres not alot of drama like my other schools

Posted June 10, 2009

New River Middle School 0

Posted December 30, 2008
My son did attend to this school for three years. Despite the quality of some teachers, the discipline was terrible. The figths in the cafeteria were very often and even with security were difficult to control. Some activities very good and the magnet program too. Band was extremely good, the kids were very enthusiastic. Some teachers were the best you can expect but some not so good.

New River Middle School
3100 Riverland Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified New River Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New River Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top