1,449 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted April 26, 2016
Opportunity is for the ones who search for it, the fighting among kids depends on the culture and level of morale, but for those who look forward to be successful in this school that rocked on my child's education, because he was trained by the parents to do so. My son was the exception of so many, and most of the teachers are professionals with Master Degrees that know the subjects, experienced and incredibly good. Field trips like any other, interaction with the Ocean Foundation, Guy Harvey Foundation, T.V. Stations like CBS, Channel 7, etc. They do their best and students who are able to perform and deliver results take advantage of these resources, Parents who do not participate in School so they do not know what's going on within the school walls. As they do not go to SAC meetings they do not know what's going on. I participated on Field Trips, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Hiking, Science Investigation, Fun, Science Fairs, Shark Tagging, Speech and Debate for the Honor Society Enrollment, Advanced and Virtual Classes, Clubs of you cannot imagine, Food and Culinary Classes, among all other possible Sport Clubs, Robotics, Math Competitions, Financial Field Trips, so the question is any of these complaining parents knew any of these ever existed within the school territory? Being involved and participating in these events is what makes a difference from the growing individual against the lazy living style of a regular student. This school rocks and has nurtured my child right. He is a total different person now, he is a winner of Science Fairs, He is part of the Honor Forensic Society, very happy and proud of himself student., looking forward to a very nice future thanks to New River Middle, so you should ask yourself a simple question in which team your child belongs to?

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 11, 2015
Absolutely not. I will not put all the teachers down but there are certain teachers that almost bullies their students if they don't understand the subject. There is one teacher in particular that seemed to enjoy putting my child down in front of the class.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 11, 2015
Not at all. There are too many kids there from different backgrounds so it is near impossible.

New River Middle School 4

Posted June 16, 2015
I would also like to report uniform. In elementary school we were yea he to be our selves and not like others so can you please make sure NRMS actually reads this message and thank you.

New River Middle School 4

Posted July 08, 2014
This school is very good,except for all the fighting.Uniforms are good but students like me still worry how they look cause they wanna be different and stand out. I love the Magnet programs and Band, & Clubs they are very good,students all support each other & look after eachother. I wish the school could be cleaned better. The food should be improved a little too. But either way Nrms is a awsome school.

Posted May 23, 2014
There is too much political opinion by the teachers in this school. If a student disagrees his or her life is miserable.

Posted May 21, 2014
This is the worst school. I thought sending my son to a magnet program was a better idea than sending him to his home boundary school which is not so good school but that was a huge mistake!! He was bullied by other kids. Reported to the principal and she did not do anything about it. My son is so scared of going to school and is always so nervous and worried each day. There were too many fighting and gang members involved. I have to pull my son out of NRMS and put him into private school. Not happy with NRMS and is very disappointed.

Posted June 06, 2013
As a magnet school it is outstanding as a ESE school they do not prepare the kids for high school. I have a honors child and a ESE child whom both attended this school. Every school has issues when it comes to kids fighting and this school does it's best to stop it. The ESE kids here have always been looked down on but that's just Broward County Schools in general when it comes to ESE, On the other hand the honor students have some of the best teachers in Broward County at New River Middle. I want to thank all of the teachers in the 8th grade for my sons great 2012-2013 year. I know it could have not been easy for all of you at times.

Posted May 18, 2013
This school is the worst school I have ever gone too. Personally I think you shouldn't send your child here. Somehow the food is awlways terrible, The staff do not care for their students, Children get in trouble for no apparent reason. It is by far the most disturbing place I've been in. Their is too many fights going on. Children are out of control. Teachers get better treatment then the kids it's stupid! Personally I despise some of the teachers and staff. The teachers give children detentions for no apparent reason.. What kind of treachery is this?! I suggest the people on here that say, "This is the best school.. I miss them..'' needs to stop lying. They are devils! Do not send your kid here they'll only end up not learning anything and start fights with the other kids. It's outrage to say the less.

Posted December 15, 2012
I had attended New River Middle School for three years. Now I am in high school. I have to say that my eighth grade year was absolutely my favorite. My two most awesome teachers there were Mr. Laton and Ms. Humphreys. Both of them were very helpful and highly enthusiastic about the subject they taught. Overall, the school was great. Im guessing that the experience varies by the so-called clique you are surrounded by. I was mainly friends with the nerdy/unique types. The best middle school that I can possibly imagine.

3100 Riverland Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified New River Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.