Fort Lauderdale, FL
Before care: Yes

Stephen Foster Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
the dismissal process for the pre-k kindergarten 1st graders is ridiculous. nothing but chaos. I've witnessed children being pushed out into the middle of the and the teachers will do nothing about it. luckily my daughter will not be attending the school much longer.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
This school is going down hill and fast. The office staff is the worst part and the woman they have running it hates her job. I cannot wait to get my son out of this school. Don't send your child here.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
The teachers have helped my daughter to excel in all areas. Without their help I would not be able to do this. But they really could use lots of help with the play ground and other special class needs.

Posted September 10, 2009
My son is Mrs. Town's Kindergarten class and so far I love the experiences. Mrs. Town is organized, creative, and positively encouraging with students. She is great at reinforcing good behavior and keeping students on task with learning. The principal, Mr. Cassaw, is friendly and professional at all times. The school is clean and includes new technology. I have observed at several local schools (including Nova) and I am most impressed with Stephen Foster Elementary.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 0

Posted April 02, 2009
This is the first year for our daughter attending school. Her teacher is Mrs. Genov (kindergarten) and she is wonderful. Very attentive and caring- she makes sure our daughter stays challenged. Our daughter also attends a first grade class- Mrs. Pendergrast - for reading as she is an advanced reader. They go to great lengths at this school to keep her busy and challenged. The staff is wonderful- Mr. Cassaw and Mrs. Menendez have been wonderful to deal with- they are very hands on and accessible. They work hard at building great relationships with not only the students but with the parents. When you call or email with a concern or question you get an answer very quickly. If you are considering this school -don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed.

Posted June 28, 2008

Posted February 27, 2008
Stephen Foster is a great school, all 3 of my kids went there for their Elementary years. I attribute the success of the school to Mr. Cassaw, he is a wonderful principal, he loves his job and he all his staff seem to get along well with him. He is very hands on, and you always seem him wandering around the grounds interacting with everyone.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2007
My daughter is one of the top 4 students in her class and I attribute that to her teacher Mrs. Rupp. She is by far the best match for my little girl, she welcomes parents with open arms and always makes us feel like we actully have an impact on the class even if it's just for our ego's :-) I volunteer at least 1 a week if not more and I love her open door policy. The children love her and you can see it reflected in there grades. She can regconize the above average children and she encourages their learning at a higher level by giving them more challenging work, I have to say the even though the school is a 7 I give Mrs. Rupp a 10. I believe that Stephen Foster is the best school for any child.

Posted December 03, 2006
My son, Johnathan Goodwin, started kindergarten this year at Stephen Foster, and I must say that I am very impressed with how well he is doing. He has received and A+ on all his Math Test, and has also done extremely well in all his school work. His teacher, Ms. Town, has told m what a great joy he is in the class and she also enjoys his eagerness to learn. She informed me that he is a great student and I couldn't be happier with the feedback that I get. He was nervous to start kindergarten after being with the same children in Pre-K for two years, but he has informed me that he absolutely loves Stephen Foster. We are very lucky to have a school like this one. He has enjoys Music, PE, Spanish and Computer Lab. He gets along with all the other students. Thank you, Anita Wright

Stephen Foster Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2006
This school has been a great elementary school for my 2 children. Although some teachers are not always the best suited/matched to my children's style of learning but with good parent/teacher communication and parent involvment the kinks can be ironed out. Parents on this campus need to speak out more to help make the postive changes for the future growth of this school. When parents just 'go along'...the things they gripe about will stay the same for years. Teachers at this school are good, but teacher and staff trainings on inclusion techniques need to be a higher prioity to insure more up to date and research based techniques and ideas be instilled on an ongoing basis. The principle is a great leader with a high standard for his campus, students, teachers and other staff members. There's not an active SAF committee at this school,in fact nobody knows what it is for!

Stephen Foster Elementary School
3471 Southwest 22nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified Stephen Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephen Foster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top