2,128 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

this school has cockroaches in the cafeteria and none of my teachers care about their classes. im transferring.

My child of 10 grade he is doing great ,he loves to be at this Magnet program Cambridge ,he is already doing some college credit , Thanks to the school he is in the right path !!

I feel sorry for all the students that are in this school, I have to take my child from this school, when she wants to spoke with the counselor she was NEVER AVAILABLE even for me, the guitar teacher in 2 years NEVER teach a thing, I am still upset. The chemistry teacher nasty scream to the students and doesnt like to answer any students inquires. Rude staff, I my opinion this school should closed, and all staff should be doing other thing than being in a school, They are giving BAD EXAMPLE to students.

Develops character: Disagree

Students are favored over others based on socialization, relation to sport, or race leading to favoritism

Is there a star less than terrible? Everything said below stated by another reviewer is true: The campus is very dirty and not taken care of, the guidance counselors are almost never available and they mostly don't take the time to help any student or parent to a useful extent. Also, most of the teachers show a lack of discipline themselves and only a handful show genuine concern for the education of their students. Students can always be seen roaming the halls during class time and in class, teachers put no stop to texting or disruptive talking. The security guards that go around the campus pay no mind to students, even though they are supposed to check every student for a hall pass, and they often show favor for certain students, allowing them to disregard the rules while they punish others at the same time. The two lunch periods are also a problem-there is never enough organization or time for every student to get through a lunch line and have a significant amount of time to eat. The lack of space and seating for every student is also a daily problem for many students. Not just this but counslers not only are nowhere to be found but blame students for there wrong doings. I spent weeks trying to get my dual enrollment paper work on track, when asked what classes I wanted to take for the program I said to the counslers to choose what she thinks is best. Weeks go by and no answer if my classes got approved I then finally is able to meet and she said I did not get any of the classes and that it was my fault because it was to picky then promptly told to leave and try again next year after a month of work I put into getting everything together. Again the lack of motivation teachers have is so bad that when students try to switch out of the class because they want a better class that actual teaches they are threatened with lowering there gpas in turn forcing the students to stay in class that does nothing for them. they are also now taking the pre law program and making it only Cambridge which I saddening since Cambridge credits only work for some colleges and majority of the students go for that magnet program. If you want your child to succeed I hope you have personal teachers at home because all they will do is struggle to teach themselves rather than the teacher. (Teachers who would rather socialize than teach)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers either are all about socialization to care to teach, are too inexperienced or just have lack of motivation to teach.

Amount of homework: Disagree

If I'm a student saying I need homework then that's just disappointing, the little homework we do.get pertains to nothing of the little we learn

Rude staff, the COUNSELOR (never available). Guitar teacher does not teach at all but nothing, Teachers dont really teach and dont care about students. The school should make better choices in regards to who they hire and parents should think twice about putting their children in this "school". The cambridge program does not have any significance if the kids are not learning anything due to the lack of motivation teachers have to ensure that every student knows the material that they are teaching

My parents drove everyday day for five days and left phone messages to talk to a guidance counselor about my classes and still didn't get helped. Considering this is a school we have heard GREAT things from, taking 4 weeks and counting to TALK TO 1 PERSON IS RIDCULOUS. When we were at the office and the kids who were in the secretaries spots (Which is not a knowlegable adult to help) radioed the counselor to come to his office at 1:45 right. So 20 minutes go by and he still says he is on his way. Then a lady showed up saying where is this counselors office because he wants me to get him something. ARE YOU SERIOUS, YOU SAID YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY AND MAKE US WAIT 30 SO YOU DON'T SHOW UP AND COWARDLY PICK ANOTHER LADY TO PICK UP SOMETHING!! Really? Im sorry this school will only be able to not pick up the phone or talk to any parents but some teachers who go here are amazing. I feel bad for the teachers and my useless 4 weeks of school. S.B is wayyy better with customer service and they are always there to improve. Please take it from me you will waste your time in administration, and the classes.

If your in their magnet programs or a gifted student , you will be fine. However, if your an average student, you will be lost, and the poor ethnic diversity will suffocate your drive to achieve.

Last modified Fort Lauderdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.