Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fort Lauderdale High School 2

Posted September 08, 2014
My parents drove everyday day for five days and left phone messages to talk to a guidance counselor about my classes and still didn't get helped. Considering this is a school we have heard GREAT things from, taking 4 weeks and counting to TALK TO 1 PERSON IS RIDCULOUS. When we were at the office and the kids who were in the secretaries spots (Which is not a knowlegable adult to help) radioed the counselor to come to his office at 1:45 right. So 20 minutes go by and he still says he is on his way. Then a lady showed up saying where is this counselors office because he wants me to get him something. ARE YOU SERIOUS, YOU SAID YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY AND MAKE US WAIT 30 SO YOU DON'T SHOW UP AND COWARDLY PICK ANOTHER LADY TO PICK UP SOMETHING!! Really? Im sorry this school will only be able to not pick up the phone or talk to any parents but some teachers who go here are amazing. I feel bad for the teachers and my useless 4 weeks of school. S.B is wayyy better with customer service and they are always there to improve. Please take it from me you will waste your time in administration, and the classes.

Posted February 12, 2014
If your in their magnet programs or a gifted student , you will be fine. However, if your an average student, you will be lost, and the poor ethnic diversity will suffocate your drive to achieve.

Fort Lauderdale High School 2

Posted January 06, 2014
i dont like it people are always fighting. plus its in a bad enviromnet i would never send my child there

Fort Lauderdale High School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
My child of 10 grade he is doing great ,he loves to be at this Magnet program Cambridge ,he is already doing some college credit , Thanks to the school he is in the right path !!

Fort Lauderdale High School 5

Posted August 05, 2013
This school helped me a lot! I was from another country and I was looking for a pre law magnet program. This school is the only school on broward county who offers it and teachers were very nice to me! they let me in the program! I am so grateful with them. Excellent service, excellent teachers, best environment. and wait till the school has the new buildings :)

Posted June 10, 2013
When I first started attending Fort Lauderdale High School, I had high hopes but the school is not all it's cracked up to be. The campus is very dirty and not taken care of, the guidance counselors are almost never available and they mostly don't take the time to help any student or parent to a useful extent. Also, most of the teachers show a lack of discipline themselves and only a handful show genuine concern for the education of their students. Students can always be seen roaming the halls during class time and in class, teachers put no stop to texting or disruptive talking. The security guards that go around the campus pay no mind to students, even though they are supposed to check every student for a hall pass, and they often show favor for certain students, allowing them to disregard the rules while they punish others at the same time. The two lunch periods are also a problem-there is never enough organization or time for every student to get through a lunch line and have a significant amount of time to eat. The lack of space and seating for every student is also a daily problem for many students.

Posted June 08, 2013
SOME teachers are good and care about teaching and about the students but, unfortunately some don't. They let kids go on their phones and slack during class and act like they are just there to collect a paycheck. And they don't even follow rules for grading. I'd say maybe 3 of my 7 teachers really care and are effective teachers.

Fort Lauderdale High School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
The school's administration and office- total mess. They can't help you over the phone at all, really all you can do is go in and demand their help. But you have to factor in the completely dedicated teachers and the exponential classes. The teacher's stay after and before school for reviews, they skip lunches to help their student better understand, and they teach you life lessons you cannot live without.

Posted May 08, 2013
I called this morning regarding a fall registration. I inquired as to when we might be able to visit and find out more information and have some of my daughter's specific questions answered. He stated there is "no visiting the campus - he has hundreds of tests to administer in the next month and can't have any interruptions. You know, there are only four weeks left of school." I was taken back and asked how she could evaluate a program sight unseen. His response was that we should have come to their open house in January. Certainly, if we had known my daughter was interested we would have attended in January. I explained that to him, however, his response was that was too bad and they couldn't help me. I am no longer interested in wanting to know more - just thoroughly disgusted that an educator, supervisor or receptionist, representing this caliber program, in this school district, could act so callous and be so rude. If he is representative of the program, I would not want him responsible for any part of my daughter's education. If there is ever a question as to why the Broward County School system fails to attract the best and the brightest, you have your answer.

Posted February 26, 2013
I am looking to relocate to Ft. Lauderdale with my son. Seems like conflicting stories about this school. I am looking for a school with high marks. The school he is in now he is smarter than 80% of his teachers. Does anyone know of a good highscool in Ft. Lauderdale?

Fort Lauderdale High School
1600 Northeast 4th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33305
Last modified Fort Lauderdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Lauderdale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top