Posted September 07, 2012
I moved my son from S. Plantation public schools to St. Thomas Aquinas and it's been the best decision I ever made. Public schools are too focused on FCATs and the kids don't learn anything, while at St. Thomas the teachers actually cover the curriculum. The administration and staff at St. Thomas are enthusiastic and have high expectations for the kids, something lacking in the public schools since accountability and high stakes testing derailed actual academic teaching. All staff, from janitors to teachers to administrators are the friendliest I have ever seen in a school. Students regularly are accepted at top universities nationwide. My older son graduated from public school and is now at the University of Florida. However, he was not at all prepared for his classes. I already see that my younger son will be much better prepared for college. Guidance help is virtually non-existent in public school, but counselors are always available at STA. The counselors do a much better job of leading kids through the college application process than the public school counselors who are overwhelmed with FCAT administration. STA tuition is the best deal in town.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 2

Posted December 13, 2011
I attended this school but ended up transferring to a public school. Although my parents were unsure about the decision, we've realized it was the right one. I now attend the #1 university in Florida (#38 nationally) on an academic scholarship. I am succeeding in school and doing as well, if not better, academically and socially compared with my peers who attended STA and other private high schools. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON STA. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR COLLEGE. School is what YOU make of it, you don't need to pay $13,000/yr to receive a good education. All STA cares about is their reputation and football team. Guidance is terrible, Theology classes are ridiculous, there are limited options for classes and electives, majority of the classrooms are outdated, ACADEMICS ARE OVERRATED. I received a more thorough, well-rounded education with more AP and elective options at a public school 10 minutes away from STA. I was proud to be a Raider, but it's definitely not worth the money or dealing with stuck up, spoiled, snobs everyday. 16 year olds shouldn't be driving new BMWs and Audis; the majority of students at STA need a serious reality check and would be lost in the real world.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 4

Posted December 10, 2011
Although I'm still a freshman, I really like this school. The academics are good, there's a bit too much emphasis on athletics in my opinion, but I don't mind it too much seeing as the other students are generally laid back. One thing that I really don't like about this school is the music program. I want to do something in that area, but I don't want to be in band, so basically, if you're not into sports, don't expect to find a club too easily. Still, that's about it, and at the end of the day I'd still recommend coming/sending your kid here ok cool

St Thomas Aquinas High School 4

Posted May 08, 2011
I am currently a student at STA. The academics are amazing and even though it can be really difficult at times, it prepares you for college. Unfortunately this school is too focused on it's football team to not focus on the other sports that they offer. Most of the other teams success is forgotten because of the football team. Everybody considers the theology department as a joke and the drama department does not receive enough support from the school directors. Drug use is also a problem and even though the school tries to deal with it by bringing security dogs on random days to check for drugs, that's not fixing the problem. The school needs improvement on it's campus because it's not fit to handle the heat in florida and the humidity. Academically it's amazing, and it prepares you for college but the other factors really diminish this school.

Posted November 30, 2010
Four children in my family have graduated from STA. Some were athletes some not but all are amazing young people. Also, they were as well prepared for college and life as any mother could want which is why there was no other choice when deciding where to send my own daughters. I can only hope the results will be as amazing! What a wonderful environment for any high school student, regardless of their interests.

Posted July 19, 2010
Academically, this is an excellent school. The campus is showing its age, and the neighborhood is rough. One of the few options in South Florida.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 2

Posted May 29, 2010
I am a student at STA. Unless you're a star athelete, your basically a nobody. This school is full of eliteist snobs who only care about status. If your just a normal student like me, you will have a hard time fitting in. As a student, this school hasn't done anything for me. I feel that my parents are wasting their money because I can take the same classes for free at public school and actually enjoy going to school. The theology program at this school is a joke. Your grade in their class is based on how much they like you. Also, the guidance department is terrible. I'm bored in the classes i'm in and they won't let me move up to more advanced classes and they say well what do you want? You have a good GPA. I am really considering transferring to public school.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love St. Thomas Aquinas High School because my child is so motivated and happy there.

St Thomas Aquinas High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
We are so freaking amazing at football and we have a 99% collage gradss (:

Posted June 22, 2009
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend St. Thomas Aquinas High School my freshman year before transferring for economic reasons. STA's environment is motivating, welcoming, and proactive. I immedietely fell in love with the atmosphere, the rigor, and the tradition that runs deep in the school.

St Thomas Aquinas High School
2801 Southwest 12th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified St Thomas Aquinas High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Thomas Aquinas High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top