PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 21, 2016
I love this school. Amazing community and academics. I love the teachers and so far they have been very accommodating to questions and concerns

Posted October 29, 2014
The school is good educational wise but the sports will waste your time and money we loses every game

Saint Jerome Catholic School 4

Posted October 11, 2014
Small school with caring faculty and staff. I think it truly is a hidden gem. They only reason I didn't rate 5 is their conditions of facility. Bathrooms, playground, community hall definitely need some serious updates.

Saint Jerome Catholic School 2

Posted June 24, 2014
When I first started this school I thought it was good. I had very good grades, a group of friends and all my teachers were nice and supportive. As time went on I could notice some teachers would put more effort into helping certain students. Basically everyone had a favorite student and anyone who wasn't was basically ignored. It seems to me that the teachers would become more and more judgmental about what the students were doing outside of school. They would call out kids and single them out and honestly it was none of their business. Another problem for me is that when I went to highschool I did not feel like I was prepared enough. There was curriculum (especially in the science department) that I had no idea what was going on. So the other kids had the upper hand. But it worked out in the end my grades and my gpa are fine, but if I were to do things differently I would have gone to a school with stronger curriculum.

Posted June 05, 2014
This school has poor communication as in nonexistent, constant fundraisers, and the sports suffer. They shove anyone into a coaching position (pk3 teacher) and you end up paying for your kid to do a sport and lose every game, the IT guy who works there isn't doing his job in protecting the kids when using their iPads and their 'summer camp' just puts the kids on YouTube all day. I email call and go to appointments and nothing has changed. My kids has struggled the past 2 years and now he probably won't pass. This is with me paying tuition and a tutor!

Posted December 12, 2013
SJS is truly Fort Lauderdale's hidden gem! SJS is a small school with a big heart. Each student is given individual attention they need and the opportunity to excel. We are thrilled with the advanced programs, technology and extra curricular activities. The academics cannot be beat. The IBTS test scores for our school are consistently top notch. I believe my children will be well prepared for high school and beyond. If you have a concern or idea for improvement, Sister Vivian's (principal) door is always open. She listens to parents and students and is open minded. My first experience at SJS was on a random tour. I was walking alone to the main office and a middle school aged student passed me and said "Hello, How are you today?". I thought "Wow", I hope my daughters will remember to be this polite to adults when they reach middle school age. I had visited all the Catholic schools in the area, some were closer to my home, some had pristine grounds, but when you visit SJS you will know you have to look no further. We have been at SJS for several years now and the students and families have made us feel at home.

Posted November 21, 2013
Both my children attend SJS and we completely LOVE It!!! The teachers are extremely kind and warm-hearted. My children truly enjoy their classes, their classmates and the faculty and staff. My oldest child made the Honor Roll this year and was recognized for scoring a 95% on her ITBS testing and qualified for DUKE TIPS (Duke Talent Identification Program). I credit these accomplishments to her hard work but also to the dedication of the teachers and the administration. The curriculum is challenging and the classes are very organized. The administration is hands on and has an open door policy. The after care program is fantastic as my children participate in: ballet, arts and craft club, gymnastics club, choir, and science club. After seven years of sending my children to St. Jerome's, I am still thrilled that we made the right decision to bring our children to St Jerome Catholic School. I would recommend St. Jerome's without any hesitation to other parents. The school is having an Open House on Saturday, January 11th, 2014 for prospective families.

Posted August 09, 2012
St. Jerome's is a wonderful school. It has caring teachers and staff. The diversity of students there also helps the children to learn that we are really more alike then we are different. My 7th and 8th grade teachers were a big inspiration to me and I am forever grateful to them. St. Jerome made me feel like I had a voice for the first time. I went to public school until 6th grade. It got so bad that I couldn't even tell my parents that I was being bullied everyday in the public school. St. Jerome's offers a caring and safe environment where students are able to learn without fear of being ridiculed.

Saint Jerome Catholic School 4

Posted January 29, 2012
Nurturing environment. Good, Catholic values. Very nice families. However, class size averages over 30 children per class and there is poor communication between teachers and parents.

Posted May 27, 2011
Honestly? It's ok. I mean yeah. If your looking for a school with a good curriculum, go there, but in terms of heart? Umm not really. I spent two years there as a student and by my second quarter first year, I wanted out. The thing is, no matter how "amazing" the teaching is, they practically forget about you when you leave not graduating! I was there until 7th grade and tried contacting the teachers to "see how it's going". 3 months ago. twice. We even visited the school only to be greeted with a hello, look away, goodbye. "Family" Oriented? yeah right. "Know you by your by your first name"? Sure, for three months. Thats All

Saint Jerome Catholic School
2601 SW 9th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33315
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. (954) 524-1990
Last modified Saint Jerome Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12