Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted April 10, 2013
We moved to Fort Lauderdale right before school started and St. Anthony made room for my kids and it has been a blessing to our whole family. The parents and staff are amazing and involved. Families reached out to make us feel included and comfortable and my children have had an amazing experience. My son's learning reading has improved amazingly and I feel that the Catholic values permeate the environment and set a tone for the whole school. There are many events for families and students to get to know each other. You are expected and required to complete a certain number of volunteer hours at the school and it does make you even more committed. I do wish there was more emphasis on Science in the curriculum for the lower grades. Some of the teachers are quite junior but are very dedicated. Some of the classes are large but they manage to address this with additional help in the classroom.

St Anthony School 3

Posted January 01, 2013
I have friends at this school, who love it! But some however, dont. There class sizes are very large, and the children there could be nicer. There is drama in the middle school, and alot of relationships that sometimes get in the way, but not always. St.Anthonys's teacher and cirriculum are an A+. The religious part of the school is lacking. Students dont care about the faith. They respect but dont care to know anything about it! The students are very welcoming though! They love new-comers and the teachers do too. The buliding is very safe and very beautiful. My only complaints, is the lack of the religious teaching and understanding and the students attitude towrads learning and one another. Overall, they need some work in some areas. But St.Anthonys is STILL a good school.

Posted May 06, 2012
I'm giving this 5 stars because I really think it's on it's way to living up to the standard. I think the new leadership is making a difference in the quality of the staff, the large class sizes, and working to improve curriculum. The parents are down to earth and very friendly.

Posted November 19, 2010
Love this school. Centrally located in east Ft. Lauderdale, community is amazing and a strong, Catholic foundation for children. Children leave the school well prepared educationally, spiritually and as great overall citizens.

Posted November 19, 2010
I am a graduate of this school and really liked it. My teachers were great and I made friends there that are still my best friends. I was ready to go on to high school, but learned a lot at St. Anthony.

St Anthony School 1

Posted October 31, 2010
This school has a very poor administration. They are unethical and incompetent. Certain parents in power are keeping the greater majority of children from getting the quality of service they deserve.

St Anthony School 2

Posted February 17, 2010

Posted October 06, 2003
This is an excellent school academically. St. Anthony also provides a safe environment that nurtures both the mind and the soul. Classes are large and require heavy parental involvement, both at school and at home, to continue the 'balanced education'. Like any great school, his is a roll up your sleeves kind of Parish that requires a lot of volunteer work. We have great families with excellent morals. '

St Anthony School