Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted August 16, 2014
I can honestly say that if you aren't already in this school go to another one...the teachers are not very qualified and the school is small so they don't have all the after curricular activities a high school should have. I am dissapointed. And think I could have had a better education and future should I have gone to another high school.

Posted May 26, 2014
Parents, think twice about this school. Rarely have any national merit scholars, I have never known them to have any Silver Knight winners and only one or two nominees in the 20 years or more that I've been following it. The administration and administration cronies need to move over. The principal has been there way too long and thinks he's still in high school in the 60's, when he went there. He's never left and never moved the school forward. Considering the location and uppity student body, they should be excelling in academic and social areas. Oh, and their sports teams are, for the most part, failing too. Do your kids a favor and send them to St. Thomas or anywhere else if you want a decent education.

Posted September 17, 2013
We moved from up north and were excited to send our son to CGHS. It wasn't long and we were regretting our decision. The open house was full of promises we just never saw played out. We did not see that teachers were interested in student learning as much as they were about every kid following all the ridiculous rules- notebooks arranged a certain way, no flexibility helping kids transition to high school, poor communication. I thought a private school would be preparing students for the 21st century but what we found was very out of date teaching methods. Most assignments were read the book and answer the questions. poor principal leadership. According to the Florida Certification site he is not a certified administrator, he has no experience outside of CGHS and it shows, his way to solve problems is if you don't like it at CG then find another school--and that was before ever offering to meet with us. There are lots of parents who drink the CG kool-aid because they went to school there and I understand in its day CG was a good school but now it is riding on the past success and not making changes to keep up with today. I would recommend finding another school.

Cardinal Gibbons High School 2

Posted May 02, 2013
I am a parent finishing my fourth year with CGHS. Cardinal Gibbons is a clean and safe enviroment, with nice facilities. Unfortunately it is less than perfect. The Principal, resides at a competeing St Thomas Aquanas and manages or leads both schools. This is a conflict of interest. This has allowed an aging leadership at Gibbons to live on their past reputation. Cheating is rampant. Athletics is run by apathetic leadership focused on select teams in which they have a personal interest. The totality of athletic programs are mediocre at best. I make this statement after the end of year banquet where I endured a consistant beratement by the parents of the program. Like many other schools, most months have a 4 day work week with too many frivolous days off. The plus of this school, it is small enough that most staff know the names of most of the students and are helpful in providing extra attention. The one thing I was most impressed with, was the quality of the students. For this I give credit to the parents. The kids are extremely well manered and come from a high class enviroment. Everyone at the school is very nice and available, but until there is a change in leadership, sorry.

Cardinal Gibbons High School 4

Posted January 11, 2011
love this school for my children! excellent experience! this school knows what to do! give the kids a top education, and tons of activities and fun! well done!! A+++++++++++++ I will send my grandchildren here! No problem!! Worth every penny! no regrets here..

Cardinal Gibbons High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Cardinal Gibbons not only offers an incredible learning atmosphere, it is an extention of our family. In a critical time in our children's lives, it has provided acceptance, invited participation, offered a range of learning options and moreover a caring environment for my children... which continues far past graduation.

Cardinal Gibbons High School 4

Posted July 24, 2010
I am very pleased with my child's education at Gibbons. Despite a few less-than-great teachers, my daughter is thriving. The school is small enough so that the kids get lots of personal attention but large enough to offer many AP and honors classes. Even though she's not a star athlete, my daughter has had the opportunity to participate on sports teams. The school makes a big effort to get the kids involved and to make high school fun. I have also been very impressed with the guidance department -- the counselors are very helpful and knowledgeable. Negatives? Like all schools it has some warts: school-parent communication is inconsistent, the front office could be more helpful, it's a crazy parking lot with kids slumming in their luxury cars, and a definitely 1-star lunch program. But on the whole, Gibbons is time and money well spent.

Posted May 07, 2010
I'm proud to have graduated a Redskin (now chiefs) It was a great experience academically and socially.

Posted September 23, 2008
Having graduated from a public H.S. in Fort Lauderdale I was hesitant to send my daughter to Cardinal Gibbons at first, having preconcieved notions of the school. I could not have made a better choice. My daughter loved this school and was involved in lots of different activites. While her friends that went to public school got C's she was able to qualify for Bright Futures and is currently a Senior at UCF. The Drama and Band Programs are top notch with LOTS of parental support. The administration is also very supportive of both programs, including supporting a full blown production of Les Miserables her Sr. Year, INCLUDING the 'lovely ladies'. The school focuses on making your child a sucessful student and human being. I highly recommend sending your child to this school. They will graduate a well rounded student able to succeed in any of their endevours.

Posted November 02, 2007
okay, you hear stuff about the 'quintessential high school experience'? sports,friendships, academics, incredible teachers, school spirit---Gibbons has it all. i'm a proud senior and Gibbons changed my life. Go Chiefs!

Cardinal Gibbons High School
2900 Northeast 47th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33308
Last modified Cardinal Gibbons High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Cardinal Gibbons High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top